Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Technical Support

Old 30-04-12, 07:49   #11
Bokkie
Golden

You could try You Tube HTM5 player instead of flash version: http://www.youtube.com/html5
Bokkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-12, 09:34   #12
Sgt BOMBULOUS

Just uninstall and reinstall Firefox completely. It gets wonky occasional and that's a sure fix (be sure to save your favorites). Believe, me that'll be a lot faster than chasing down this phantom.
Sgt BOMBULOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-12, 10:08   #13
jarekhanzelka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt BOMBULOUS View Post
Just uninstall and reinstall Firefox completely. It gets wonky occasional and that's a sure fix (be sure to save your favorites). Believe, me that'll be a lot faster than chasing down this phantom.
That was one of the first things I tried.
jarekhanzelka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-12, 10:55   #14
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

Another solution it to try uploading on offpeak times, when I upload in the middle of the night, it does seem a faster load, and tends to work rather than freeze up, or increase the loading time.

I suppose it depends on where the nearest youtube server is to you, and how busy it is uploading.

I still think the problem lies with Youtubes new loader itself, it is full of glitches.

The old loader was far superior and worlked everytime. Why do they change these things.
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-12, 11:13   #15
jarekhanzelka

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Chi View Post
Another solution it to try uploading on offpeak times, when I upload in the middle of the night, it does seem a faster load, and tends to work rather than freeze up, or increase the loading time.

I suppose it depends on where the nearest youtube server is to you, and how busy it is uploading.

I still think the problem lies with Youtubes new loader itself, it is full of glitches.

The old loader was far superior and worlked everytime. Why do they change these things.
If it had something to do with some of their servers, then why does it work in Chrome? And I actually tried uploading it at different times of day as well. No luck.

I agree, I like the old one much better myself.
Old 01-05-12, 00:57   #16
Eddie Haskell

I have a similar issue with youtube. It was a pain trying to troubleshoot the problem, so I decided to take the easy way out and move the video on my network to another pc. It works fine now, and I'm still doing that. The older PC is one that I just wiped clean and reformatted, and it is bereft of everything but Win7 and Firefox for the most part.

I also noticed that most of the time it works just fine with chrome on my main PC, but not with IE or Firefox. You think that there's some funny business going on? I refuse to use chrome though, and I despise IE. I like the control I get when using Firefox with noscript and I won't change and allow Google to sniff my shorts constantly.

Last edited by Eddie Haskell; 01-05-12 at 02:02.
Eddie Haskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-12, 12:23   #17
EscondeR

^ A way out for you both - use Opera, guys
EscondeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-12, 11:41   #18
jarekhanzelka

^ I tried that a long time ago, managed to stick to it for about a month, and then just went back to Firefox. ಠ_ಠ

An update: Turns out Firefox doesn't refuse all the videos I try to upload, but only the videos larger than 500mb (give or take). Pretty much all of my videos are well over 1gb so that doesn't solve anything. It just made things even weirder. :/