Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation

Old 22-03-12, 19:32   #3951
Mytly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden95 View Post
Hello again people.

Whenever I use an enemy (a rat) in the small scorpion slot, whenever it attacks Lara, the game goes all glitchy and stuff. Including the title screen until I turn the whole tomb4.exe off. Has anybody ever had this problem before? It's really weird.
This thread describes the same situation. There doesn't seem to be a working solution for it in the thread, but the problem does seem to be related to the scorpion slot. Try a different slot and see if it helps.
Mytly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-12, 19:41   #3952
Eden95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mytly View Post
This thread describes the same situation. There doesn't seem to be a working solution for it in the thread, but the problem does seem to be related to the scorpion slot. Try a different slot and see if it helps.
Hmm, my case was mentioned there, but not answered. It must be that small scorpions are supposed to poison Lara, except the day before yesterday this rat was working fine, and the enemy I used in my last level in the same slot didn't poison, and that didn't glitch the game up. Is there a way of disabling poison effects on enemies? Or perhaps enabling it so that the rat does use poison? If none of this can work, I'll try a different slot, but I'm not sure which slot is similar to small scorpion...
Eden95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-12, 21:19   #3953
ZIP2010

Oh, now I can see what is you problem. That is happening to me in my current project, when the scorpion slot touches Lara sometimes my screen get that way. I don't know how to solve it, and would like a way to do that disappear
ZIP2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-12, 05:49   #3954
sapper

Quote:
Hmm, my case was mentioned there, but not answered. It must be that small scorpions are supposed to poison Lara, except the day before yesterday this rat was working fine, and the enemy I used in my last level in the same slot didn't poison, and that didn't glitch the game up. Is there a way of disabling poison effects on enemies? Or perhaps enabling it so that the rat does use poison? If none of this can work, I'll try a different slot, but I'm not sure which slot is similar to small scorpion...
The small scorpions only poison Lara in levels 4 and above so no poisoning in the first three levels of the script.

I'm not sure what causes the incorrect graphics for the poisoning from these enemies but "cleaning" the wad with Josep Borrut's programs may do it.

Use either TRwadtoTrwest or TR Wad reorganizer. Must use on a wad that is not TRNG, i.e. no TRNG objects or v130.
sapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-12, 18:42   #3955
Eden95

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper View Post
The small scorpions only poison Lara in levels 4 and above so no poisoning in the first three levels of the script.

I'm not sure what causes the incorrect graphics for the poisoning from these enemies but "cleaning" the wad with Josep Borrut's programs may do it.

Use either TRwadtoTrwest or TR Wad reorganizer. Must use on a wad that is not TRNG, i.e. no TRNG objects or v130.
Er, I'm using TRNG...which is why I posted here in case it made a difference, looks like it does.

I tried deleting the slot and then putting it back, but that didn't help.

The level I'm using is 3, but in the full game it will probably be different to that, (4 or above). I'm not sure if it makes a difference to this problem whether the rat can poison Lara or not.
Eden95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-12, 20:30   #3956
ZIP2010

Quote:
Er, I'm using TRNG...which is why I posted here in case it made a difference, looks like it does.

I tried deleting the slot and then putting it back, but that didn't help.

The level I'm using is 3, but in the full game it will probably be different to that, (4 or above). I'm not sure if it makes a difference to this problem whether the rat can poison Lara or not.
I think yes, because when the scorpion slot attacks Lara, the screen gets that way, and now I'm having that problem with the small scorpion and the scorpion slot
ZIP2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-12, 06:05   #3957
sapper

Quote:
Did you use Josep's program on the rat wad you downloaded before you transferred the rat to your game wad?

Josep's programs were written before TRNG was invented so that's why they probably don't work with TRNG wads.

Move (or copy/paste) your level to a level below 4 in the script to see if stopping poisoning stops the glitch occurring.
sapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-12, 09:27   #3958
bagas

Default Help me

Whenever i use the flipeffects "Text. Print ExtraNG <&>string on screen for (E) seconds" when flyby activated the flipeffects only triggered after the fly by is done
bagas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-12, 10:27   #3959
AkyV

Customize= CUST_TEXT_ON_FLY_SCREEN, ENABLED
AkyV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-12, 10:37   #3960
bagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkyV View Post
Customize= CUST_TEXT_ON_FLY_SCREEN, ENABLED
THANK YOU!!
now it works