Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > DXTRE3D

Old 10-07-14, 08:09   #1
CelticGuard

Default How can I deactivate an object with a trigger?

I am aware that items can be deactivated in Dxtre3D using Do_Deactivate and Lara_on_ground_do_deactivate. But how do I use other triggers (such as Switch_is_ON, key_is_ON and Item_at_Sector) to DEACTIVATE objects? It'd be really helpful to me if this was possible. Thanks in advance.
CelticGuard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-14, 21:08   #2
GameGlitcher77

Lightbulb -info-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticGuard View Post
I am aware that items can be deactivated in Dxtre3D using Do_Deactivate and Lara_on_ground_do_deactivate. But how do I use other triggers (such as Switch_is_ON, key_is_ON and Item_at_Sector) to DEACTIVATE objects? It'd be really helpful to me if this was possible. Thanks in advance.
It depends on what objects your trying to deactivate

-An enemy has to be deactivated by the 'Kill all triggers' nullmesh

-Other objects like animated ones and traps can simply use the triggers that you stated
GameGlitcher77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-14, 21:40   #3
Kikiloco

Quote:
how do I use other triggers (such as Switch_is_ON, key_is_ON and Item_at_Sector) to DEACTIVATE objects?
Yes, no ANY object can be deactivated at will like enemies or animals using triggers;

*Switch_is_On, is used mostly with switch kind objects which can be set On/Off, when the switch is turned On the triggered object is activated; when the switch is back to Off state, the triggered object is deactivated.

*Key_is_ON, can only be in ON state, you cant put back to OFF state so you cant deactivate any object with that kind trigger.

*Item_at_Sector, used for activate objects only; there is available its contrapart item_at_sector_do_deactivate trigger but i think it only works for tr4 and trc levels.

*There is also "heavy_switch" trigger that is similar to "switch_is_on", if i remember well, it activate current deactivated object when some object (rolling balls, some enemies) step in the sector; or if the object is already active then it is deactivated. I think it only work for tr4 and trc levels.

- "Switch" trigers types can be used in join with activate Bits for activate/deactivate objects using more than one trigger.
Kikiloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-14, 02:57   #4
CelticGuard

That's a shame really. I'm not sure if Heavy Switch works in TR3, but I'll give it a shot (I was trying to make an object activate/deactivate with time by controlling its activation with an item_at_sector linked to an enemy patrolling between two spots.)

Thanks for your help.
Old 19-07-14, 23:40   #5
Sarikman

Maybe you can set the object you wish alrready activated and you will be able to deactivate it with just using the key or switch trigger. If you place an object by pressing all five buttons in the "activation flag" field, it will be already activated. For examble a fire will be on or a door will be open.
Sarikman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-14, 07:26   #6
CelticGuard

I've already used that setup but I can't use it everywhere. I actually wanted to turn lasers on and off as a guard patrolled between two tiles, but that's probably not going to happen.