www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 17-09-18, 00:39   #21
Mikky
Legend

I think some people end up trying too hard to defend this game, making up lame and convenient excuses, and then end up looking just as dumb as the thing they're defending.

There are way better things in this game that deserve actual praise that people could spend their time talking about; you don't need to jump on someone every time for having a seemingly petty criticism, otherwise you just come across just as petty.
Old 17-09-18, 00:40   #22
Uzi master
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arverne View Post
Yeah, people complain about hand-holding in games, but they keep playing like mindless robots... Sometimes it most really be frustrating to be a game developer.
Looting random containers is in all fairness, a rather mindless mechanic. Especially since you don't have encumbrance, only capacity, so why wouldn't you just spam the pickup button when next to anything looteable? The game gives no tactical reason to care if you're too highly stocked on something, the only reason not to is the annoying sound effect from being full.
Uzi master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-18, 00:42   #23
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikky View Post
I think some people end up trying too hard to defend this game, making up lame and convenient excuses, and then end up looking just as dumb as the thing they're defending.

There are way better things in this game that deserve actual praise that people could spend their time talking about; you don't need to jump on someone every time for having a seemingly petty criticism, otherwise you just come across just as petty.
Mmhmm...
Old 17-09-18, 00:50   #24
Ahmier
Explorer

There’re instances where a cache is next to a piece of wood or whatever. If you’re full on said item and click to dig up the cache, she’ll say something about being full since that item is in proximity to be picked up. Must be a technical issue. But all in all, they shouldn’t have added in her telling us we reached our maximum capacity.
Ahmier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-18, 00:51   #25
megabug7
Archaeologist

I'm not defending the game - I think it's a huge step back from Rise. yes I love the exploration but it has terrible pacing and there are things that annoy me.

Things that are unnecessary.

2 of which I mentioned, picking up items is natural thing as you're exploring I don't care if I am guilty of it.

I never had this issue in Rise because I was always using stuff - gunning down enemies crafting items health, etc.

I haven't had any need to use any of it, and I'm only 30% of the game and so far the exploration is becoming boring.

How am I defending the game?
megabug7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-18, 01:14   #26
AntRaidsTombs
Professor

People are going to defend things they love that’s honest.
Old 17-09-18, 03:21   #27
Bladebur
Hobbyist

The combat works well when enemies are coming from the front, and you have covers available. Most combat scenes in Rise/2013 were designed that way, but in Shadow there are only a precious few like that. For the most part, combat will happen only when stealth breaks, and then you'll have a bunch of enemies surrounding you from all sides with no real covers available. The combat system was never designed to handle this situation well.

Wolves are a terrible enemy because they are fast and surround you, so it's the same problem. TR2013 also had them, but they were handled better.
Bladebur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-18, 12:55   #28
Pyro99
Archaeologist

the wolf takedown animations were sooo buggy for me