Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation

Old 25-06-17, 09:11   #11
Titak

Yes, she does indeed end up at the top of the waterroom, when entering it. Like I said already.
She does not do the dive animation over and over again here on my end though.

If by opac you mean solid, then yes, that is indeed not possible.
Unless you place invisible BRIDGE_FLAT objects everywhere. But then Lara might not be able to break through the wall...

No idea if TRNG could help here, but that idea with the fragmented trigger and the sink does sound like something you should try. Make the sink strong enough! So if it does not work the first time you try it, try with a higher value for the sink.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-17, 17:48   #12
HelpMeNow

Sink effect does not work.
I am now trying with scripting but I am a little lost about the conditions

MultEnvCondition=1, ENV_WALL_HOLE_IN_FRONT + ENV_UNDERWATER, 256, IGNORE, IGNORE

Animation=114, KEY1_JUMP , IGNORE, FAN_KEYS_AS_SCANCODE + FAN_SET_LARA_PLACE, 1 , 256, PLACE_GROUND, 17, -86

I have tried many combinations and noone worked. Here are the virgin script commands to understand easier:

MultEnvCondition=IdMultCondition, ENV_ condition, DistanceForEnv, Extra field, array of tripled of {ENV_ Condition, DistanceForEnv, Extra field}

Animation=AnimIndex, KEY1_ , KEY2_ , FAN_ flags, ENV_ Environment, Distance for Env, Extra, StateId (STATE_...) or (-)AnimationIndex array (...)

I do not understand how I make those 2 commands work together, in animation command i put '1' in the 'Env_ Environment' slot to tell it to use my MulEnvCondition #1 but it looks like it has no effect.

As you see in Animation command I am trying to change the state ID of lara from underwater to on-land one, but nothing happens.
There are surely many errors in my commands.

If I am completely wrong about the use of commands, and there is easier way to make lara able to get out of the bubble in a realistic way, feel free to tell me.
HelpMeNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-17, 18:00   #13
Titak

No need for the FAN_KEYS_AS_SCANCODE because you are using a standard game key command. FAN_KEYS_AS_SCANCODE is used when using keys other than the default keys, for example T.

Animation=114, KEY1_JUMP , IGNORE, FAN_SET_LARA_PLACE, ENV_MULT_CONDITION , 1, PLACE_GROUND, 17, -86
MultEnvCondition=1, ENV_WALL_HOLE_IN_FRONT, 256, IGNORE, ENV_UNDERWATER, IGNORE, IGNORE

No idea if the above will work, but this is your script "translated" to the proper format, with the commands in their proper fields.
17 is the StateID from which animation 114 should take place when hitting the jump button? If animation 86 has that StateID, you do not need to add -86 to the script. You can then simply remove it.

Here's an Animation Scripting tutorial that might help you with your animation scripting. It's just a couple of example on how to script: which goes in which field and all that.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-17, 22:03   #14
1upMushroom

I think you can use flipeffects to make the outer rooms water-rooms, triggered from the inner room.
Then you have flippects triggered in the outer rooms, to remove water-room status.

That way Lara will swim out of the water; but as soon as she's out, she'll be in air again.

You would need an organizer for the stacked triggers (Inner room, and the room below.
1upMushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-17, 22:54   #15
Joey79100

^
Actually this idea sounds genius.
I would do it using a GlobalTrigger though, because it's something that does "IF condition THEN do this ELSE do that" (condition, this and that being all different TriggerGroups). One per adjacent room probably.
Something like that:

Code:
GlobalTrigger=		1, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, 1, 2, 3

TriggerGroup=		1, 	$8000, 1, $10			; IF the condition in MultEnvCondition 1 is true (see below)
TriggerGroup=		2,	$2000, 116, $7B			; THEN remove the Water attribute from room 123
TriggerGroup=		3,	$2000, 115, $7B			; ELSE set the room 123 as a water room

MultEnvCondition= 	1,	ENV_ROOM_IS, 123, IGNORE	; IF Lara is in room 123

Last edited by Joey79100; 13-07-17 at 22:55.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-17, 16:25   #16
HelpMeNow

Thank you for the idea,

So if i understood clearly, this means that when lara is in the water bubble room, the rooms outside become water room too so that she can breakthrough the walls of the bubble room, so if lara swims and get out of that bubble water room, on outside rooms, the rooms will now become normal rooms (no water) so that lara can be affected by gravity.
It looks very interesting and the effect would be perfect that way I think.
I am gonna try it then post back.

Old 17-07-17, 10:46   #17
HelpMeNow

Well I have tried many things.

Let's say the water bubble room is the room 0.
The room below it is the room 1.

First I started in NGLE by setting the room 0 as water room but not room 1 that is normal.
When I used my command inside NGcenter that says when Lara is in room 0, make the room 1 a water room. I played in the game, Lara could not bypass the walls of the water bubble room 0 to go to room1.

Second, I built in NGLE the room 0 and room 1 as water rooms (both).
In NGcenter, I told that if lara is not in the room 0 then remove water from room 1, and if lara is in the room 0, bring back water to room 1. And I added another command to say that if Lara is in room 1, to remove water from room 0.
When i played the game, the room 1 was not a water room as expected. I jumped in the bubble room 0 and tried to swim down to bypass the floor to get to room 1. The problem is that everytime i get to the floor of room 0, Lara appears at the top of the bubble room, it looks like she doesn't have enough time to breakthrough the bubble that she appear at the top of the room 0 when reaching in the instant the room 1.
How can I add a time condition? Like to wait 2 seconds before bringing water in room 0, so that she has enough time to not be affected by water.

Thanks
Old 17-07-17, 12:19   #18
SrDanielPonces

^Use an organizer for that.
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote