Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 27-07-16, 17:55   #1021
tombraiderxii

Right before DJ Full streams, I'll be going for a short stream right now

Click Pic to go to channel

Last edited by tombraiderxii; 29-07-16 at 20:15.
tombraiderxii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-16, 18:08   #1022
DJ Full

In this case I think it will be good if I leave you some "buffer time" and launch mine at 21:30 or 22:00 depending on how your building goes Mine will be shorter either, I'll try not to finish later than at 01:00.

EDIT: Live in 1 minute

EDIT: Offline. That damned map... always too big, in any direction I turn.

Last edited by DJ Full; 28-07-16 at 00:42.
DJ Full is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-16, 20:17   #1023
tombraiderxii

I will be streaming in 30 minutes

Click Pic to go to channel

Timer

EDIT: For whatever reason it said I was offline. I'm streaming actually.

Last edited by tombraiderxii; 23-09-16 at 21:08.
Old 29-07-16, 20:25   #1024
KurtisandLara
Golden

Ill definitely be there! I need a good distraction !
KurtisandLara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-16, 02:56   #1025
DJ Full

I moved from twitch to livestream because we saw it buffer less.
If I configured it right the third night of Cataclysm will run tomorrow at 20:00.
Which is another hour earlier because I want to end around midnight.
The plan is to finally snap the troubling catacomb and the arrow room.

Now the questions to tombraiderxii or TheTiger:
1) The site advises Livestream Producer over OBS - does it make sense? What software do you use for broadcast?
2) The site only archives old streams for 30 days - is it possible to export them to youtube just like twitch allowed?

Could be basic queries but I didn't read manuals due to intense BtB work which has top priority.
Thanks again for any help given

Last edited by DJ Full; 03-08-16 at 03:02.
Old 03-08-16, 05:28   #1026
tombraiderxii

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Full View Post
I moved from twitch to livestream because we saw it buffer less.
If I configured it right the third night of Cataclysm will run tomorrow at 20:00.
Which is another hour earlier because I want to end around midnight.
The plan is to finally snap the troubling catacomb and the arrow room.

Now the questions to tombraiderxii or TheTiger:
1) The site advises Livestream Producer over OBS - does it make sense? What software do you use for broadcast?
2) The site only archives old streams for 30 days - is it possible to export them to youtube just like twitch allowed?

Could be basic queries but I didn't read manuals due to intense BtB work which has top priority.
Thanks again for any help given
1) Having used both at some capacity for streaming and recording, I use both for different purposes. I prefer OBS because you can customize the scene and what the output stream will be for the stream (background images, etc). And when recording, it doesn't negatively affect the performance of the game running. I also like how you can choose to display certain windows and not just the whole display. This is great privacy-wise, and it makes the stream generally look a bit more organized. The only downside is with actual broadcasting because of the aforementioned buffering issues,, though that may just be an internet issue so i dont know for sure. LiveStream doesn't have the customization of scenes that OBS has, but I've noticed it is far more stable in broadcasting, and buffering occurs much less. So I'd recommend OBS for recording, but Procaster for actual broadcasting and streaming, based on personal experience with the two.

The tl;dr version --> Until the buffering issue is resolved, I'd recommend LiveStream Procaster over OBS Studio.

2) While the LiveStream site archives for 30 days, whenever you go live and then end a stream, a recording of the broadcast gets saved to your hard drive. I think the default place is the videos folder in windows.

Hope this helped, and I hope to catch your stream tomorrow
Old 03-08-16, 14:01   #1027
DJ Full

Thanks for clarifying a lot. Only you say "Procaster" and they say "Producer. Looks like the same program update tho I didn't find the two compared. But can I use OBS with livestream at all? It looks like Producer/Procaster is bound to livestream and OBS is bound to twitch - aren't other combinations possible. Testing the Producer right now I was able to watch my own stream without more delay than of twitch, and the video clarity saved on the drive is indifferable from OBS. But the editor lags a lot, I will check if using OBS for independent recording helps or not...

But I can always turn off the object draw. The REAL problem is audio mix: OBS could split a mono mic to stereo output, but Producer doesn't have such option so I only hear the mic in left speaker, absolutely annoying. Looking for a splitter cable at home... but if you know a better solution I need it asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombraiderxii View Post
I prefer OBS because you can customize the scene and what the output stream will be for the stream
Lack of further customization is no problem for me, I set the screen to 1280x720 so the editor and chat cover it all while the buttons are clear to read at 1800kbps. And in case of showing more, the BtB folder is deeply hidden

EDIT: 1280x720, 1600kbps, 25fps, 60keyframes seems fine. Now the audio mix...

EDIT: It seems my interface just cannot split the signal but we found a spare cable to make dual mono from Left and Right. So it looks (and sounds) like everything is fine but I will need somebody to confirm that on your end.

EDIT: IT WORKS!!! [read followed with evil laugh, lightning vfx and thunder sample]
In this case I will even make it today, especially because that's what I meant by saying "tomorrow" at 4 AM, counting that night as preceding this one. But I will go 21:00 or 22:00 instead of 20:00 just to double check...

Final EDIT:
Live. In case of joining please tell if:
- it buffers
- you can read the editor buttons and infos
- you hear me in both speakers
- the chat works.
Thanks

Last edited by DJ Full; 03-08-16 at 20:01.
Old 03-08-16, 21:32   #1028
DJ Full

I held the recording because the stream behaves weird on my end and I cannot verify if it works at yours. I see the video has recorded properly to my drive but that's a different thing. If anybody watched it, what I cannot know either, no reports have reached me in case if any were sent. It seems everything works but I will just wait until someone confirms it, just to make absolutely sure no part of the work is wasted. So I will continue the stream as soon as you're here to help, even if this means 4 AM or later. Thank you again for any advice given - it's all much needed because I'm really a musician not a web guy, so this internet stuff is real mystery to me
Old 08-08-16, 20:58   #1029
tombraiderxii

herpderpdiggitydawginthehizzhaus

Last edited by tombraiderxii; 25-08-16 at 21:24.
Old 08-08-16, 22:55   #1030
DJ Full

Big thank you tombraiderxii for testing. All clearly works so I'll focus entirely on building.
I will finish Night#3 at 20:00 today - last chance if I want Night#4 to air on Wednesday.
I might also speed up Night #5 to Friday, to restore the original idea of weekend chillout.

If I again fail to fit within 20x20x20, I'll just give up and extend.
Maybe I should... Maybe... this project... wants it... Creepy one.

EDIT: Live now.

Last edited by DJ Full; 09-08-16 at 18:14.