www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 14-11-17, 19:02   #61
kaufi-lc
Explorer

Amazing tool, it's like reliving the magic of playing around with the LE for the first time and seeing your results in game

Btw, I can't seem to find the Undo/Redo option and textures applied to non-straight segmented walls are straightened rather than going with the sloped segments, which messes up their seamlessness

EDIT: Nevermind my last question. Of course I turned off the Fix Texture Coordinates function xD

Last edited by kaufi-lc; 14-11-17 at 19:06.
kaufi-lc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-17, 19:08   #62
LeelooBastet
Student

Magnificient project !!
I see you added diag walls... <3

Is'nt it possible to implement a new feature in order to gain more detailed terrain ?
(I'm thinking of instead of 4-click division, have a 8-click division for the square highs ?)
LeelooBastet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-17, 19:13   #63
Tombraider95
Relic Hunter

Also I noticed when using the 2D view on the top left, the right and left click seems to have swapped round. So originally right clicking a door portal would send you through and left click tiles would just let you select them. But now it's the other way around. Any chance of it swapping back? It's only a small thing but it feels weird atm lol

Thanks so much for all this though! This is the start of something amazing!
Old 14-11-17, 20:18   #64
GeekOfComedy
Explorer

Random Q: Does this work on Windows XP. While it's ancient AF I've been using it till now as it has better compatibility with most TRLE tools.
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-17, 20:32   #65
Lwmte
Explorer

Unfortunately no, since Tomb Editor is a DirectX 10 application, it can't run on WinXP, because there's no DX10 for WinXP.
Lwmte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-17, 20:49   #66
Mrshina
Explorer

The editor is already great...and also you made my dreams come true.

It finally supports TGA alpha channel not only magenta or semi transparent

Also I tried some of my projects and I found some minor prj import bugs. I will post them later all together.
Old 14-11-17, 20:52   #67
LaraCablara
Professor

Ill sadly have to wait till late December to try this despite my excitement or else I will fail out of law school

As strange as it sounds, seeing videos of levels with diagonal walls and steps is so surreal! Only a person who spent too much time around here would think that

Last edited by LaraCablara; 14-11-17 at 20:54.
LaraCablara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-17, 20:55   #68
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opaque79 View Post
So TRLE/NGLE can be installed and Tomb Editor can be configured to use the TRLE game files instead of the Tomb Editor game files, so therefore Tomb Editor will use the script files in the TRLE folder it is configured to use. So Tomb Editor can be used to replace the original Room Editor. The misunderstanding was on my end.

In that case, extremely versatile already.
Indeed! You don't have to use the game files in TE's folder, you can provide a different directory for game files for every PRJ2 file

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
I tried to load one of my old prjs. The speed of this editor is just outstanding. No slow downs even when half the level is shown with lighting and objects.

Unfortunately in one prj the statics are messed up. And one of the wads cannot be loaded at all (btb persia). Texturing and geometry looks alright, though.

I noticed a few features are missing (or maybe hiding?). No Undo and Crack Mode?
Have you tried loading the Persia WAD in the editor separately, after starting a new project? Because I can load it fine, albeit with some texturing glitches. It was one of the WADs I tested the editor against recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
Btw Is there an easier way to rotate objects for like 90 degrees? Right clicking doesn't seem to work. I know you can drag rotate but that's in any direction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces View Post
more like be able to rotate the object 45 each click like in the room edit. (Although It's nice to be able to rotate 360 now)
I completely forgot about this in the readme, sorry. Hold Shift to rotate objects with a 22,5 degree increment, similarly to how it was done in RoomEdit. Also note the text info next to the object when it is selected, it displays the current degree rotation and height for better reference.
When you're moving an object, it is moved with an increment by default; hold Shift too move it around more freely. You can't move objects outside of room walls by default (you can move them through the floor and ceiling, though), but pressing Alt will override this and you will be able to move them through walls.

Quote:
Also I noticed when using the 2D view on the top left, the right and left click seems to have swapped round. So originally right clicking a door portal would send you through and left click tiles would just let you select them. But now it's the other way around. Any chance of it swapping back? It's only a small thing but it feels weird atm lol
Indeed, this is swapped, I will ask around if this was intentional.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-17, 21:07   #69
Joey79100
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekOfComedy View Post
Random Q: Does this work on Windows XP. While it's ancient AF I've been using it till now as it has better compatibility with most TRLE tools.
Most TRLE tools work even with Windows 10 (there are very few tools that don't work anymore, usually there is a workaround), the main problem was the room editor actually, so with Tomb Editor it wouldn't be a problem.

Quote:
Well I agree with this, it feels weird.

So after some little testing I can report a few things.
First, keyboard input seems to be handled differently than in the original editor. You know, there are QWER and ASDF keys for raising/lowering floor, ceiling and subdivisions on walls. In the original editor, the actual location of these keys was always the same even if you had another keyboard layout, so with an AZERTY keyboard the keys were now AZER and QSDF. This, however, is not true with Tomb Editor. So with a AZERTY keyboard, A and Q are inverted, but also Z and W, which makes it hard and counter intuitive to use the shortcuts.
I assume this won't be a problem if you add a settings window where you can choose your own keyboard shortcuts, so I guess this cannot be an absolute priority. I hoped that the shortcuts were available in the configuration file, but unfortunately they're not yet.

Something else: I've encountered a slight rendering problem. Nothing dramatic, just that in some angles the lighting was darker overall, with a few spots on some textures where the normal lighting was working. It's kinda hard to explain so I've taken a video of it. I'm using a nVidia Geforce GTX 950M, with a Intel Core i5-5200U, running with Windows 10 Creator's Update 64bit if that makes a difference. I haven't tried the DLL from the native folder (I know it's not directed for people who can run TE, but as it seems render-related I might try).
It happened only during one session though, after re-launching the editor it didn't happen again.

There's one last thing I'd report, but I don't know if it's a bug, or if it's just something not implemented yet. It looks like you have to remove floor and ceiling portals in a room if you want to use geometry functions like Set Wall, Set Floor, Diagonal Wall, and Floor/Ceiling step

That's all for the "problems". I don't think I'll start another list of suggestions/missing features, my list woudn't finish and it's better to wait for the next release because you've probably planned most of them already.

And I had no idea about alpha channel support in textures! Now that's another huge improvement, and a big surprise!

EDIT: Ooooooooooohhhhh big question that just came to my head.
What about flybys? What are the limitations? Because I've always heard how the editor had limits for the number of sequences and cameras per sequence, and there's a version of NGLE where both these numbers were altered (but still, the product of the two gave the same total number of flyby cameras). However I don't remember reading about the engine's limits on that side. How far can we go? Is it still limited the same way?

Last edited by Joey79100; 14-11-17 at 21:29.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-17, 21:57   #70
tomb2player
Archaeologist

So it's finished, now time to fix bugs and import all TRNG features.