Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 14-05-17, 17:22   #301
VictorXD

Holy ****, that''s an amazing update! Thanks for much sapper
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-17, 17:50   #302
MBog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrshina View Post
You need to use the Import other 3D format function. I must admit that with easier uv mapped objects it's a real time saver (those where I don't want to open blender and go through the whole convesion). Texture must be 256x256 otherwise it will be scaled. but you can still use smaller portion of the texture.
Metasequoia won't let me save the mesh as another format but mqo...
Is there any way to convert the mesh? I did a quick search but I didn t fin anything...
MBog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-17, 17:55   #303
Mrshina

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBog View Post
Metasequoia won't let me save the mesh as another format but mqo...
Is there any way to convert the mesh? I did a quick search but I didn t fin anything...
Unfortunately I have the licence for meta so I can save the other files. Maybe with the other 3d program and mqo plugin
Mrshina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-17, 18:22   #304
teme9

This is indeed a great update The time this feature saves is HUGE. You can basically texture any object in fraction of the time that was spent texturing objects with by another means. The UV mapped texture import works extremely well (I would recommend to try to UV map polygons as a rectangle shapes) I would also like to recommend UVSquares addon for Blender users to make things easier to align UVs as rectangle shapes. https://github.com/Radivarig/UvSquares

Thank you Sapper! We can't thank you enough for the work you have done!
teme9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-17, 18:25   #305
Caesum

OMG so you released it. Fantastic. I am really sorry that I couldn't test the latest revision you sent me. I have an eye infection of some sort so I limited access to the PC and stopped working on TRLE for the time being. Really wanted to test it all for you but because of that and other factors I simply forgot. Glad you didn't wait for me though.

I am yet to test the newest UVW import option but once I do I'm going to send you the results.

Also, I must say these new import options are a life saver. It really speeds up the process of mesh making and allows you to use your favourite 3D program without any obsolete plugins like MQO import for 3dsmax.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-17, 18:26   #306
VictorXD

Every time I try to open it this happens Running in Vista here.
Old 14-05-17, 18:33   #307
teme9

^
From the readme:
Quote:
If you get error message saying msvcp120.dll missing you need to install Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 redistributable.
However this may not work for Windows XP PCs before SP3.
This link might help you:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=40784
teme9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-17, 19:58   #308
VictorXD

Ooh god, I must be blind, I read it and totally it missed ANyways, thanks a lot teme, installing as we speak
Old 29-07-17, 01:16   #309
Joey79100

I realize I had completely missed this update. It has a lot of new things compared to revision 17, the import/export options, the UV textures...

Anyway, I came here for something else: when displaying objects in Shine mode, some original TR4 items are orange. The GRENADE_GUN_ITEM and SIXSHOOTER_ITEM for example. What does it mean? I can't find the information, it's not in the color table.

Also, if there are plans for future revisions, may I suggest two things?
When in Shine mode or Transparency mode, it's hard to see what you're doing with complex objects, because of the plain color. Could the wireframe be displayed for these modes?
Also something else: an option to display the point indexes in the 3D View? It would make it much faster to remap meshes.

I really don't want this to sound as requests. I'm saying this because I'm very often suggesting things when I see a new program or updates, but they really are suggestions and nothing more, in case the programmer-s want-s ideas about things that could interest the users.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-17, 05:29   #310
sapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
Anyway, I came here for something else: when displaying objects in Shine mode, some original TR4 items are orange. The GRENADE_GUN_ITEM and SIXSHOOTER_ITEM for example. What does it mean? I can't find the information, it's not in the color table.
I think it means the shine bit is set for the face but its shine value is set to zero.

Quote:
When in Shine mode or Transparency mode, it's hard to see what you're doing with complex objects, because of the plain color. Could the wireframe be displayed for these modes?
If you mean outline the faces, already possible I think. See Faces menu.

Quote:
Also something else: an option to display the point indexes in the 3D View? It would make it much faster to remap meshes.
Yes possible, I do it for vertices for ponytail but it may slow down rendering or be too crowded with lots of vertices.

The point index is shown in status bar when it is clicked on.
sapper is offline   Reply With Quote