Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 18-01-18, 09:29   #1
Sjun

Default Strangely narcissistic guy

Have you ever met someone who was strangely narcissistic?

I just thought I'd bring this up because this is quite elusive to me. I've had my fair share of experience with really narcissistic people, none of them came close to this delusional guy.

During when I met him (long back in high school) I had an infatuation towards him. I could really tell he had an ego, I wasn't surprised. He was quite the charm after all. Light, skinned, Strawberry-blonde hair, 170 cm tall. He was athletic and had the body, the looks, the smirk... Just the whole enchilada. You can't blame me for being slightly obsessed with him... I had the liberty to look him up, only for the main purpose of trying to find out if there's any possibility he could be gay based on his interests. To my chagrin, his facebook was set private. I searched his name on google and low and behold, all his true colours manifested. He pretends to be a professional athlete who has a potential to join the olympics. Creates his own fake web site, wikipedia, blog. For petes sake he even made his friends pretend they were fans to take videos of him giving them his autograph. Now I understand, this was all high school mentality. Back then he was kid. (still though doesn't rule out the fact that it was weird) But that's not the weird part of it all...

Years later, now sitting here bored stiff on my computer I decided to take a journey down memory lane and perhaps get a dose of nostalgia. I look him up, and there he goes, aged 25 still at it. I feel really bad for him. Most of us from high school moved on, we graduated college, got our own careers... This guy, now reminds me of Donald Trump with his weird ego, still in this world of delusion trying to make himself seem better than anybody else. I was thinking about this from a psychological standpoint... What is wrong with this guy? Is he going through some sort of hardship? How can a guy be that good looking act delusional...? What's beneath that aesthetic facade? Sure raises a curious eye-brow...
Sjun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-18, 10:44   #2
Nigel Cassidy

Oh I met a supreme narcissist alright. He's the reason I came to this TR board because I couldn't stand being on the other one in his miserable presence.
Nigel Cassidy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-18, 11:50   #3
dinne

*deleted*

Last edited by dinne; 05-08-20 at 13:18.
dinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-18, 17:31   #4
Mickybyrne20

It reminds me of the guy at school where "his dad is a millionaire with a nice car". Meanwhile he's obviously far from it. I don't know why people lie. I think we're all secretly slightly narcissistic, but sometimes people are just delusional.
Mickybyrne20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-18, 18:25   #5
AntRaidsTombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Cassidy View Post
Oh I met a supreme narcissist alright. He's the reason I came to this TR board because I couldn't stand being on the other one in his miserable presence.
The tea has been spilled all over the floor lol
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-18, 18:58   #6
Nigel Cassidy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
The tea has been spilled all over the floor lol
You know him too?
Old 18-01-18, 19:27   #7
Dustie

When I read the title I thought maybe this was a meme, like the ridiculously photogenic guy meme...
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-18, 08:16   #8
Sjun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Cassidy View Post
How was he narcissistic?
Sjun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-18, 12:30   #9
Nigel Cassidy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjun View Post
How was he narcissistic?
Difficult to explain, it was by observing his reactions that made it clear that he was so full of himself. He never thought of conversation on the internet as just having a pleasant conversation, it was always a battle of wits, and he wouldn't rest until he had crushed his opponent. And if he couldn't win the debate he would use his administrator powers to suppress you. Terrible individual, I never wanna see him again.
Old 19-01-18, 20:02   #10
Caesum

Sounds like something out of skribblerz
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote