Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 30-09-17, 18:50   #31
Danath

Sure, it's looking like this as of now:

About midway, a little more, is a crossroad where you continue forward but first you need to go to the eastern end.
Danath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-17, 02:20   #32
Feder

As for your greyish horizon problem, try replacing the horizon (adding it again). It usually works. It's rare, in certain TR data files every time you add some object or static the horizon goes greyish, or you get the "disappearing trapdoor" bug, or even some sounds might be deleted. It's usually fixed when you replace the object.

Glad to know you'll continue!!
Feder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-17, 06:41   #33
MBog

I forgot to ask you where on the map this problem is so I tried to guess as you can see here:

Last edited by MBog; 01-10-17 at 06:43.
MBog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-17, 13:37   #34
SrDanielPonces

^ agree, try to connect all rooms. maybe this could be an issue.
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-17, 16:37   #35
Danath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feder View Post
As for your greyish horizon problem, try replacing the horizon (adding it again). It usually works. It's rare, in certain TR data files every time you add some object or static the horizon goes greyish, or you get the "disappearing trapdoor" bug, or even some sounds might be deleted. It's usually fixed when you replace the object.
That's great info, thank you! I will try doing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBog View Post
I forgot to ask you where on the map this problem is so I tried to guess as you can see here
Those unconnected rooms you see is because they are lower or higher than the ones that are correctly connected.
But even then, it's not the cause of the problem. I have tried creating a quick project that only has 4 large rooms with the same values connected and the horizon keeps doing that black effect on the distance.
Thank you for trying to help.

Edit: I have tried replacing the horizon and the black color is still displayed as grey. I even tried compiling the level using original TR2 data files instead of my edited one, which have black in the horizon, and it still insists on being grey. Also tried exporting the texture, editing it to make sure is perfectly black, then replacing it, but nope.
I don't get it, in TRViewer the color is perfectly black, and looking at the values of the color in Paint.Net it's perfect black, 0 values everywhere.

Last edited by Danath; 01-10-17 at 17:41. Reason: update
Old 01-10-17, 22:55   #36
Feder

Did you try with Fexmerger instead of TRviewer? It's strange, I've just built a single room to test the floating.tr2 and the horizon was black, I don't know why that happens Have you tryed using another TR2 file as base level? (for example, pick the wall.tr2 and add the objects from your custom level)
Feder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-17, 23:40   #37
Danath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feder View Post
Did you try with Fexmerger instead of TRviewer? It's strange, I've just built a single room to test the floating.tr2 and the horizon was black, I don't know why that happens Have you tryed using another TR2 file as base level? (for example, pick the wall.tr2 and add the objects from your custom level)
I have tried with Fexmerger and it's also grey when ingame. Also tried a quick project using the original Floating.TR2, making a NEW level file, and this is the closest i've got:

Black at the top and bottom but grey at the center. If i used an original TR2 and it's still not correct i don't think it's much worth to try using a different TR2, but i will try it anyway, thanks.
The funny thing is that playing original installed TR2, Floating Islands has perfectly black horizon.

I think this game hates me or something.
Old 02-10-17, 09:42   #38
Titak

Isn't it possible to simply retexturs the horizon object?
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-17, 14:34   #39
thewolf
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danath View Post
I have tried with Fexmerger and it's also grey when ingame. Also tried a quick project using the original Floating.TR2, making a NEW level file, and this is the closest i've got:

Black at the top and bottom but grey at the center. If i used an original TR2 and it's still not correct i don't think it's much worth to try using a different TR2, but i will try it anyway, thanks.
The funny thing is that playing original installed TR2, Floating Islands has perfectly black horizon.

I think this game hates me or something.
Wasn't it in floating island not the same thing? Under those grey clouds black and above black?
thewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-17, 16:35   #40
Danath

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
Isn't it possible to simply retexturs the horizon object?
I have already done that, and even if it's obviously black:

It still insists on displaying grey instead. That black square on the lower corner is the color used for the above and bottom parts, the other 4 textures are for the central band of clouds/mist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewolf View Post
Wasn't it in floating island not the same thing? Under those grey clouds black and above black?
No, it's all black like this:

In my level, the central part has grey, even if i replace the textures all black areas show as grey.