Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 02-10-17, 17:03   #41
Titak

That horizon is not black. There ae still clouds in it.
I meant making the whole horizon black, using only that little black square texture.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-17, 17:12   #42
thewolf
Golden

My current project is finished. I could start a floating island style level , but this would be challenging for me. This way I could try this horizon thing on my own.
thewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-17, 17:39   #43
Danath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
That horizon is not black. There are still clouds in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
I meant making the whole horizon black, using only that little black square texture.
Nope, also doesn't work, if i do that the whole horizon is grey. The only way for me of having black in the horizon is deleting the skybox object, but i don't want that, it's boring, i want the clouds/mist in it.
I don't understand why this happens, every original .TR2 base level i use displays grey instead of black on the horizon when i compile with Dxtre, but playing original TR2 all horizons are perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewolf View Post
My current project is finished. I could start a floating island style level , but this would be challenging for me. This way I could try this horizon thing on my own.
Well, i wish you good luck. Also congrats on finishing your second level.
Danath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-17, 18:06   #44
thewolf
Golden

Like I said in a previous post: Still would play it , even with this horizon problem.

Quote:
Also congrats on finishing your second level
Thank you
Old 02-10-17, 18:15   #45
LoreRaider

That's mostly why I use original TRLE with TRNG, because it's less limitated and less buggy
I know how much you like making some levels with that engine, but problems are too many for me
LoreRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-17, 18:33   #46
Danath

Yeah it has some bugs, such as this one. I will continue with building the level now, i wasted too much time trying to fix these color/horizon problems, i'll have to live with the grey tones as i can't do anything else. I even tried software mode ( ugly as sin ) and it's still grey.

Maybe this will be the last level i build with TR2 engine. What's ideal would be building with TRLE/NG using classic assets, sound and music, but the enemies have different behaviors there. I wish you could mix different enemies and traps from different games in TRLE.
Old 02-10-17, 19:18   #47
LoreRaider

You will be able to, maybe not at the same level of original engine of TR2 (or others), but the feeling will be there
LoreRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-17, 16:43   #48
Danath

Question

I don't know if this is right to ask in this section or not.

Currently i'm experimenting with the guardian statue enemies and i wanted to use a sword guardian, getting it to fly towards you like in the original Floating Islands, but i am unable to trigger its flying movement. I tried placing it below your position but it doesn't work for me.
Old 03-10-17, 21:16   #49
thewolf
Golden

The guard seems to fly only , when you have set up a zone for him to attack Lara and Lara is outside of this zone. As soon as you leave the baddie zone, this guard will immediately start to fly, but won't care about lara. When you enter his zone , he stops flying. This way he is going to fly .
Old 03-10-17, 21:39   #50
Danath

Wink

Thank you! But if i understand it correctly, there is no way for the guard to get to your position if you have to leave its zone to trigger flying. Then i wonder how Core did it in the original level...