www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 28-06-18, 19:34   #231
TombHackR
Gold Contributor

Okay thanks, I'll try downloading the multipatcher to get the cdaudio.dat file.

The mp3 file format is fine as it is, i just actually want the audio files to play in game
TombHackR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-18, 04:25   #232
Kirishima
Historian

Also, if you want fmv's to play while waiting for any update, you need dgvoodoo 2 since the current fmv internal playback is broken.
Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-18, 10:27   #233
TombHackR
Gold Contributor

Don't worry about the FMVs, I've watched them enough times over the years

It's just the game feels empty with no music.

Update: Okay I have got a problem installing the multipatch

It's asking me for a TR2 disc, which I don't have - is there any other way to install the multipatch?
One other thing, the in game cut scenes don't play either, but I assume this is linked to the problem of not being able to play music.

Last edited by TombHackR; 29-06-18 at 10:54.
TombHackR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-18, 18:06   #234
Kirishima
Historian

Try to open the exe with 7zip and look for Tomb Raider 2's folder in that thing, otherwise find PaulD's old patch somewhere on this forum since it's pretty much the same thing. As for the ingame cut-scenes, it's possible since they had issues as well without the patches.
Old 30-06-18, 16:58   #235
Greatest TR
Explorer

I don't understand all this, could have saved so much time and effort just by playing Tomb Raider 2 for PS1 version on the PC emulator and you will have the waving inventory to begin with.
Old 30-06-18, 18:14   #236
Kirishima
Historian

Some people would rather not want to deal with emulation in order to play a game they may already have for pc. For some people, those emulators just simply wont work on their cpu for one reason or another. Then there's having to deal with some of the ps1 versions quirks, some not that big and issue to others may not have patience for. I mean, yeah, I could play my ps1 version on my 5 year old laptop on an emulator with support for pgxp to get the thing closer to looking like the pc version with ps1 features, but then I'd still be dealing with lots of clipping, odd looking filtered textures, lower quality sfx, lower draw distance, loading screens, and a potential drop in framerate here and there because my laptop may not be powerful enough.

Also, this is more of reverse engineering Tomb Raider 2's code and updating it to more modern directx libraries without the need for wrappers like dgvoodoo2, and probably adding features similar to what peixoto's ahk-injector does as well as fixing some oddities in the engine here and there.
Old 30-06-18, 19:38   #237
Lwmte
Explorer

Yeah, I think that thread title is a bit misleading now, project has evolved into much much more serious thing than just waving inventory patch Too bad TRF doesn't allow to change the title.

Probably Arsunt needs to create new thread titled TR2Main or something like this to clear things out
Lwmte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-18, 20:21   #238
Peixoto
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest TR View Post
I don't understand all this, could have saved so much time and effort just by playing Tomb Raider 2 for PS1 version on the PC emulator and you will have the waving inventory to begin with.
Yeah, but the lack of depth buffering sucks balls
Peixoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-18, 14:45   #239
laravision
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombHackR View Post
None of the audio tracks are playing at all, they're all saved as .mp3 files in the music folder - do I need to download all the audio tracks in .flac file format? or do I need to have all the tracks in one file as cdaudio.wad?
So, your audio folder contains separate mp3 files? Where did you get these files, how are they numbered, and do you have the required .dll files to enable playback in-game? Or, is it one standalone cdaudio.mp3 file with a .dat file?
Also, is the folder actually called "music" or "audio"? Detailed post regarding audio solutions - http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show...&postcount=360

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombHackR View Post
It's just the game feels empty with no music.
Update: Okay I have got a problem installing the multipatch
It's asking me for a TR2 disc, which I don't have - is there any other way to install the multipatch?
You don't necessarily need to "install" the multipatch via the installer, as you obviously already have the required files to play the game. You just need the audio solution files, and a tomb2.exe which is patched (which Arsunt's exe is) to allow MP3/WAV format playback.
Here is the original audio fix thread - http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=139425
A higher quality cdaudio.mp3 by innuendo1231, can be downloaded here.
Old 01-07-18, 20:42   #240
Ewerton Pires
Hobbyist

I do not know if the topic can ask other questions, sorry for anything but...
Is there any way to change the keyboard arrows for joystick? In the floating island level there's a bug that instead of the arrows, there's the joystick in the menu.