www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Comics

Old 12-07-18, 22:12   #1331
AntRaidsTombs
Professor

They answered the question either in a Q&A somewhere here in the forums or in a video. I can’t remember but I know they said she was 23
Old 13-07-18, 20:52   #1332
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

People really shouldn't try to justify the reboot timeline. CD said themselves even before TR2013 that they wanted a floating timeline that is set 'in modern days' and doesn't happen at a specific year. The only reason we have some sort of dates for some stuff (Mathias' journals, Richard's tombstone, etc) is so we have an idea how much time has passed between events, without necessarily being "set" at that time.

CD have done this because they didn't want to end with the same problem the classics did (Core Lara would be 50 this year!) and have explicitly said so. Sure they could make a bit of an effort to add consistency, but that has never been their strong suit, so if I were you I would just ignore any plotholes.

As for the issue at hand: it was probably the best in the reboot era. I really really loved it, the art, the story, the different POV, everything. Nadija is pretty much an anti Lara that is a very welcome addition to the story. I would love to see her in Shadow, she is one of the few antagonists that is an equal rival to Lara in the entire franchise, there is lots of potential with her. She is also very charismatic, which is a plus.

My only problem with this issue is that Lara is acting pretty much the opposite of how she should/would. She is incredibly sceptical about everything, like even though an issue ago she was fascinated by how multiple civilizations were a part of this place, on this one she acts like Nadija is insulting her intelligence because she said the Thai visited this place in the 14th century, despite being surrounded by hard evidence, she doesn't believe Nadija. Like (????????????)

I liked how she also talked about Ana, and even sympathizes with her. It felt like an interesting development. I also liked that Lara actually swolled the bark, it is an interesting choice and shows a different side to the character.
Old 13-07-18, 21:37   #1333
Portugalraider
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
People really shouldn't try to justify the reboot timeline. CD said themselves even before TR2013 that they wanted a floating timeline that is set 'in modern days' and doesn't happen at a specific year. The only reason we have some sort of dates for some stuff (Mathias' journals, Richard's tombstone, etc) is so we have an idea how much time has passed between events, without necessarily being "set" at that time.

CD have done this because they didn't want to end with the same problem the classics did (Core Lara would be 50 this year!) and have explicitly said so. Sure they could make a bit of an effort to add consistency, but that has never been their strong suit, so if I were you I would just ignore any plotholes.
And this is exactly why the whole dates really frustrate me. I remember CD saying that they wanted a vague timeline. But then they let this sort of stuff pass by. They could have simply not put a date on the newspaper on RotTR, and told the comic writers to change "2017" for "One year ago" or "A few months ago". While they are much more relaxed with the stories the comics tell, CD does supervise the scripts. The current writers did confirm it, telling that CD would give them notes and suggestions when they thought Lara wasn't acting like she would in each situation. They could tell the writers to make the timeline a bit more vague as well.
Old Yesterday, 17:55   #1334
plastiboi
Hobbyist

I don’t want to spoil the comics, but I think I know how Lara gets her premonition