Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 30-09-16, 16:02   #2121
vvsgh

As OpenTomb was developed completely from scratch it doesn't share any bugs with the Core software. But it has plenty of its own.
vvsgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-16, 12:52   #2122
Tombraiderplay
Inactive

Sooooo ???? Any updates ?
Tombraiderplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-16, 13:54   #2123
Titak

Updates will be posted when the developers are ready for it, as they have been doing ever since the start of this project.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-16, 16:48   #2124
Tombraiderplay
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
Updates will be posted when the developers are ready for it, as they have been doing ever since the start of this project.
Why did i know you'd say this

Ok ok i was just checkinh up
Old 13-10-16, 20:55   #2125
Lwmte

Currently I'm in the process of backporting all "post-refactoring" stuff to current master branch, which is a really painful process. Too many changes were made to TeslaRus branch, so certain features need additional manipulations. But in 80% of cases, everyhting could be easily ported.

Right after we backport everything we need, we need to finally solve some serious issues with audio engine which were introduced by new master due to lack of sndfile library. Audiotrack playback is crippled; no wad/wav files are supported, ogg files are "hackily" loaded in a way no one should ever do.

For the new features, I guess, it's too early to expect anything, before everything that was broken will be fixed again
Lwmte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-16, 03:22   #2126
Mister_Dolus
Inactive

I'm pleasantly surprised to see that OpenTomb running so well on the reverse engineered Nouveau drivers. Not seeing any graphical bugs and everything is running smoothly. It's good to know that OpenTomb will work if I ever install a distro like Trisquel or Parabola.

Last edited by Mister_Dolus; 29-10-16 at 03:24.
Mister_Dolus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-16, 16:04   #2127
TeslaRus

Default update

new build on sourceforge
most of changes are fixes and code refactoring;
visible changes: tr4 Lever switch support and more easy, tunable and correct activators;
TeslaRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-16, 18:03   #2128
Tombraiderplay
Inactive

amazing

what bugs did you fix to be exact :P ?
Old 05-11-16, 20:25   #2129
Ado Croft

Great job again finally lever switch works and i hope that other switches from tr4-tr5 will work soon And also there are a lot of things which have been fixed. Only critical bugs are in ladder and climbable ceiling cases
Ado Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-16, 23:28   #2130
Joey79100

Great! Those awful lags when being near a ledge or trying to grab something have disappeared eventually.

There are some things that are still present and I'm not sure why.
For example, when crouching, landing, picking something up, or being impaled by spikes... ie whenever Lara "bends", she gets elevated. She doesn't touch the floor, she's above it.
It seems the engine is making collision checks using the meshes instead of using the collision box (the one stored in the animation data, not an automatically generated one), which I believe the original engines are using. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Something else... I don't really understand why this seems to be a problem, but I don't know the code so maybe there's a good reason.
When you press Action to grab a ledge during a jump and she gets close to that ledge, she directly grabs it, while in the originals, the engine waits until her position gets between a certain range... so she continues moving until she reaches the perfect position, and then plays the grab animation.
When she's in front of a wall and you press Action+Up to make her grab the ledge above her it's the same thing: she shouldn't grab the ledge until she reaches a correct vertical position. Actually it's even more than that: in the original, if you press Action+Up and immediately release the Action button (so she won't actually grab the ledge), you'll see that the jump velocity is automatically adjusted so her hands only go a little bit above the ledge.
And then, when she grabs the ledge, she plays Animation 96, starting at frame 12.

Anyway, I'm glad to see OpenTomb is still being updated.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote