Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 16-03-16, 21:39   #31
MBog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshesBorn View Post
People tend to overestimate and glorify things, which they weren't given a chance to have a first-hand experience with. For all we know most of the alpha stuff could've been totally boring and barely playable. We only saw bits and pieces of it.
That is true, but I think it is only applicable (the boring thing) only with CD games... In Tr3 Lara was supposed to have a knife to cut spider webs, or TR1 s grenades... TRaod s story... Too much left behind

Last edited by MBog; 17-03-16 at 14:56.
MBog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-16, 23:14   #32
James_Rutland

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING THIS

Watching now!

OMG. Am I the only one that loves the cringy dialogue?

And they used the scrapped Aleksander Dimitrivic soundtrack!!!

The voice actress sounds like a young Judith Gibbons oh my god

Last edited by James_Rutland; 16-03-16 at 23:22.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-16, 23:32   #33
Jorje Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiann View Post
can someone explain to me "exit mode" ..>?
I really like this option :| why they cut it :|
actually I like reboot but I would be 40% happier if they kept it as it was on alpha phase.
TR alpha stuff is always better :| I remember Alpha TRAOD and can't forgive to CORE and EIDOS.
RE 4 alpha is ten times better than final, also Alice : Madness Returns alpha is 20 times better than final. what happens :|

Last edited by Jorje Croft; 16-03-16 at 23:35.
Jorje Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-16, 14:14   #34
Matie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshesBorn View Post
People tend to overestimate and glorify things, which they weren't given a chance to have a first-hand experience with. For all we know most of the alpha stuff could've been totally boring and barely playable. We only saw bits and pieces of it.
What I see in alpha/beta stuff like this is potential. I see the concept, the rough direction it was going to take, and where it could have lead, whether it could have had a different result than what we received in the end or not, if it could've been better (or not)... we can't tell of course, because the game went in a different direction. It could have had the same concept as the finished game, or something that's not so much different, but for some reason I'm sad that they didn't stick to this version.

I like this early version a lot, especially that very early trailer-ish video. I love the fact that the original Lara Croft isn't completely ignored. Lara herself explains that this time she's human, she can feel pain, she gets lost, she's inexperienced. But she will become that woman, who loves mysteries, raids tombs, does extraordinary things. The short video focuses on Lara entirely, as if her friends weren't there, she survives and fights on her own. I also love the darker tone at the end of the video, when she ends up on the shore, and the music fits perfectly. In TR2013, that scene never had much of an impact on me, it surely looked impressive, but in this early version it had much more feeling somehow. For me, the whole video suggests that it could have become something better that's closer to the roots. The oni fight looked pretty amazing, too. Lara looked strong and badass, not someone who needs to keep talking to herself every step of the way, saying "I can do this". Of course she can! Without a second thought.
Matie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-16, 14:57   #35
MBog

I wonder if the pre alpha version still had the TRAscension elements ...
MBog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-16, 16:30   #36
Heartache

well there seem to be two demonlike enemies in the trailer.
Heartache is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-16, 16:54   #37
ivaneiroX

this is very interesting, i hate that they cut the "view" mode it would had been great for screenshots BTW isnt R3 used for PS only? i thought xbox had a different name for that button.
ivaneiroX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-16, 19:14   #38
Peterstar101

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivaneiroX View Post
this is very interesting, i hate that they cut the "view" mode it would had been great for screenshots BTW isnt R3 used for PS only? i thought xbox had a different name for that button.
R1/R2/R3 are all universal. Xbox 360 was the 'development platform' CD focused on anyway.
Peterstar101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-16, 02:29   #39
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrine View Post
I liked the sky when Lara crawls out of the collapsed den more than the sky in the final version , more haunting and atmospheric . I also liked the pre-alpha model more , taller and more defined , and even closer to the Rise model instead of a 16-year old girl that was the final TR2013 model
As much as I liked TR'13 Lara, I think I prefer this. It is closer to the Rise model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid View Post
They really should have kept the cutscene they had with her attacking the big Oni in the Chasm
I think this is better, more intense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Rutland View Post
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING THIS

Watching now!

OMG. Am I the only one that loves the cringy dialogue?

And they used the scrapped Aleksander Dimitrivic soundtrack!!!

The voice actress sounds like a young Judith Gibbons oh my god
In a weird way, yeah, I kinda like it too.

I like the VA here, that helps. I like Camilla, but whoever this is, could have done a good job too. The voice still fits. But it sounds like Camilla's fall grunts etc.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-16, 07:31   #40
.:Tirivol:.

Guys the VA is still Camilla, she said that she got the part in 2010 and the voice (although it may sound different) is hers
.:Tirivol:. is offline   Reply With Quote