Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 13-06-14, 15:41   #21
Flipsider

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoleo View Post
The main thing about this game was the safety net. There were 3 layers of safety overlapping on this game. There's no health bar, so you really don't die, you can recover at any time. Then you have instinct, which is unlimited and it's almost like a modern day cheat code. And just in case you don't die from that, there's also automated code in there so that you can't fall off ledges unless you try to. Sometimes the code prevents you from falling at all. In the first moments of the game. Lara also really coaches you if you begin to wander during a puzzle environment. "I need to go over here and do this." ... "That's not going to work." "One more.."
You forgot the *fourth* safety net: if you die, you basically lose no progress and it hardly matters. Just like most other modern action games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo_91 View Post
It seems to me that everyone suddenly hates this game now. Weird.
I hated it from day 1. It's just that there's a lot of people who wanted to like it when it first came out, tried to convince themselves it was good, but eventually realized they didn't like it much. A lot of people acted the same way when Star Wars Episode 1 first came out.
Flipsider is offline   Reply With Quote