www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Underworld

Old 17-08-14, 18:41   #61
tomee
Tomb Raider

Very interesting.
Thank you for the update.
Old 17-08-14, 18:52   #62
Alex Fly
Legend

I'd kill to be finally able to play that. The project sounds too amazing, don't give up, Gh0stBlade.
Old 17-08-14, 18:55   #63
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

It would be fun to play this on PC but first I'll need Underworld on PC but I hated Underworld so I didn't bother are the DLC's worth it
Old 17-08-14, 19:00   #64
Alex Fly
Legend

I haven't played them (thanks to the Xbox360 exclusivity ) but I watched the entire playthrough and all the cutscenes on YouTube and believe me it's worthy. The 2 levels feel more polished and completing them provide a way better ending than the one we got.
Old 17-08-14, 19:03   #65
Peterstar101
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryualviss View Post
F* Mirosoft and their Xsu"*k, if the original franchise tomb raider really end with these two dlc, they will ruin the story all the way (
you guys really drop this
We wouldn't have this DLC in the first place without Microsoft.

It wouldn't have been created without them.
Old 17-08-14, 19:53   #66
Gh0stBlade
Archaeologist

Even if the stages were converted. I highly doubt they'd be allowed to be released for PC usage.

Development on this project is so slow. I suffered a HDD crash early this year and lost some work which pushed things back slightly. An example of this is the shader parser and some other small things.

The shaders/material formats are so unknown though, it's making this project hell. There just isn't enough people interested to help work on it so It's pretty much not feasible alone. The materials are important, they contain information as to what colour is applied to it. This is crucial for some Xbox 360 DLC meshes but not all of them. You may have noticed that some XNA Lara models are wrong because they don't have the correct material colours applied.

At the moment the tools I use:

Bigfile Extractor by Gibbed (Rick) Used For:
- Extraction of PC/XENON Bigfile -> DRMs etc

CDRM Decompressor by Gh0stBlade Used For:
- Decompression of CDRM -> DRM for PC/XENON

DRM Extractor by Gh0stBlade Used For:
- Extraction of DRM sections -> texture/sounds/animations/models for PC/XENON

Noesis Mesh Importer by Gh0stBlade/Chrrox Used For:
-Viewing PC/Xenon meshes
-Supports:
- Bones/Weighting
- Xenon Textures "Swizzled"
- PC Textures
- PC Normals (custom version originally taken from UnpackTRU)
- Xbox Normals Decoding
-Partially Supports:
-Material parsing
-Temporary diffuse texture detection (doesn't always work)

If anyone knows more about shaders/material format used in the game let me know.

There's lots to do but the next step is to finish the Noesis importer to help understand the formats a little more. All that's left is finding what defines which is the diffuse texture and material colour info. It's stored within the shaders which is a pain.....

An example of what can be done is something like this:

I edited the material file applied to the Gauntlets so that they were red, green, purple, pink, white. It is not a texture edit. I also wanted to go further and look into adding more enemies into the game to make it more difficult. Like an extra hard mode or something....

It's awesome there is still interest in this happening but you'd be best off getting the Xbox 360 version and playing the DLC there.

That reminds me... I have to dig and find where I put the X360 DLC files >.>

Cheers.
Old 17-08-14, 20:03   #67
tomee
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stBlade View Post
Even if the stages were converted. I highly doubt they'd be allowed to be released for PC usage.
This is a big problem. I think I read that Xbox owners with the DLC's can freely share these materials amongst each other, but I'm not sure if that's correct. And obviously nobody wants you to get in trouble. It's still interesting to read what you've been up-to, even if you are taking baby-steps and you're not always work on this.

Those red gloves look sick
Old 17-08-14, 20:07   #68
Alex Fly
Legend

All of this sounds fascinating. I really hope you won't stop working on this and that you'll add more modifications to the game, Gh0stBlade.

I remember a user made some trainers and posted them here and even if the modifications were simple they wereadding some nice additions to the game already so I can easily imagine the kind of cool stuff you can make for the game.

(And no I'll never get a 360. )
Old 17-08-14, 21:41   #69
Billy959
Relic Hunter

so,getting doppelganger's animation on PC and playing with her is a possibility ?
Billy959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-14, 22:31   #70
Gh0stBlade
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy959 View Post
so,getting doppelganger's animation on PC and playing with her is a possibility ?
Getting the animations converted to PC would not be a problem. It could be applied to any Lara Croft model sharing the same skeleton but they all do anyways....

Converting the Doppel's model from Xbox 360 DLC -> PC is possible. It's mostly the material/shaders which are the concern then getting them to run in-game (We really only need to learn how to swap two PC models successfully without shader/materials).

From all the information I have gathered so far, it's more than possible. I have also converted the entire Xbox 360/PS3 Resident Evil 5 DLC to PC so I'm more than experienced. It's just this engine is awful and I hate how everything is stored in big chunks of files which VERY annoying.

Maybe one day it will happen....