Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Old 31-10-06, 21:17   #1
ELEN
Golden

Arrow Tomb Raider Legend Modding, Costumes & Texturing - Part II

Tomb Raider Legend Modding

This is a new thread. The first successful thread got 3900 replies and slowed down the Legend forum page for the slow internet connections. The first thread can be found here.

Let's continue here and have fun

-----------------------------------

What is this all about? (For the newcomers)

Many members of this forum (and why not you?) create beautiful outfits for our Legend Lara. To create an outfit, you need a small program. You can choose either TexMod or Tomb Ripper. With these programs, you don’t change only the outfit, but also Lara’s hair, eyes, skin, gear etc. You can also modify the complete levels textures, both background and foreground (thanks Chi for reminding me). The members can then download your work and use it whilst playing Legend.

Examples:

Blue Bikini by Tansy

Dantelle Dress by Gray

Sin City by zipper

BloodRayne by Tombcool

Our huge collection can be found here. On the same page you will also find detailed instructions for both programs and useful tutorials (written by shimodax and Lee). The tutorials explain how you can create an outfit (for the builders) and how you can use them in the game (for the players).

If you want your outfit to be included on HUB post to this thread.

NOTE: I just want to remind you that all outfits you post here and the ones you send me must agree with the following: They will not show anything more than what the original outfits show. For example, a bikini outfit must not show anything more than what the original bikini outfit show. Images that violate this rule will be removed without warning. Also, if you want to include a legend on the outfit (a message or something), make sure it is appropriate. Thank you.

Last edited by tlr online; 13-03-20 at 11:48. Reason: Updated Tomb Raider HUB links.
ELEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-06, 21:26   #2
badboy70

cool , a second thread i hope we can open a TRL Level Editor thread soon lol

Last edited by badboy70; 31-10-06 at 21:37.
badboy70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-06, 22:54   #3
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

"You can choose either TexMod or Tomb Ripper. With these programs, you don’t change only the outfit, but also Lara’s hair, eyes, skin, gear etc. The members can then download your work and use it whilst playing Legend."

Just to add to ELEN's great description on the use of these programs, please note that not only can you modify the above, but also the complete levels textures, both background and foreground.

So your not just limited to clothing, so get modding those backgrounds, walls, ceilings, etc,

You are only limited to your imagination
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-06, 05:29   #4
MattTR

I hope that last thread goes to a better place.

I can't wait until I get the PC version of TR Legend so I can try all these great costumes and maybe make some of my own.
MattTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-06, 12:44   #5
ELEN
Golden

Arrow

Newer uploads on HUB. Don't forget to check the last page of the previous thread to see the outfits I uploaded last night.

Converted outfits from Tomb Ripper to Tex Mod: 36 pants outfits were converted by Akhenaton. Browse all pages but the first one to see which ones you don't have.

New:

Pants (1) - TM only:
Golden Jack by Andra Lara

Shorts (3) - TM only:
Tomb Raider Movie (Revised) by Andrea Lara | Classic Young by Yatu | White Legend by shaq - Click

Dress (4) - TM only:
Xena by Yatu | Domina by Yatu | Ariel, Unripped by Andrea Lara | Ariel, Ripped by Andrea Lara - Click
Old 01-11-06, 16:50   #6
Yatu

thanks for putting up my files Elen!
Yatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-06, 19:13   #7
Anubis_AF

Is there a way of extracting textures from a custom outfit? Otherwise I don't see how I can redo my outfit.
Anubis_AF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-06, 20:03   #8
ELEN
Golden

Arrow

Do you mean to extract the DDS or BMP or JPG (etc) files from the tpf file? (I take it you no longer have the files you made). As far as I know, you can't. But I haven't worked with TexMod for a long time, so wait for another reply too.
Old 01-11-06, 20:05   #9
Anubis_AF

Yes, the TGA files specifically. They got lost somewhere during the proccess.
Anubis_AF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-06, 20:13   #10
tampi

You must use .dds files to extract and save as DXT1 ARGB (1 bit Alpha) generate MIP maps.
the hair saves as DXT3 ARGB (Explicit Alpha) generate mip maps

EDIT: By the way, great avatar

Last edited by tampi; 01-11-06 at 20:26.
tampi is offline   Reply With Quote