How shady.
matrix54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-16, 14:08   #1272
Tommy123

Really enjoying the game so far! The side quests are LONG
Tommy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-16, 14:38   #1273
robm_2007

I'm not sure if I like the review scores - though maybe this is goood. Lots of 7s. Though, I absolutely never buy it when there are 9s and 10s across the board - I roll my eyes every time, as they are always soooo inflated!! Maybe they didn't bribe anyone. I love Deus Ex (barring the first game, some of whose mechanics and AI are such crap, I often think I ate two hundred cups of Activia and produced it), and would buy this anyways. Besides from all the action-ey doo doo they kept showing in videos, I don't think there's a real way for this to be bad. I hear the story is quite limited and not all that fulfilling, but I hope disregarding that, it will be gooood.

I have no money to buy this but will once I do get some.

Also saw that he's shirtless in at least one scene so...whip out the screenshots, girlfriend. That'll pay for itself.

Last edited by robm_2007; 24-08-16 at 14:41.
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-16, 14:44   #1274
jarekhanzelka

I hate to say it but I really hope this doesn't sell very well, or that at least those transactions they have put in end up flopping and people won't actually use them. Preferably the latter. A model like that cannot be successful. Square Enix have gone full retard with this, if it actually was their brilliant idea. And they had to stuff it into what's probably otherwise a solid game. And if it somehow ends up being a successful model...can you imagine how easily it could take off and what it could mean for the foreseeable future of modern gaming? *shudders*
jarekhanzelka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-16, 00:44   #1275
Ceamonks890

^And considering the story ends on yet another cliffhanger for a game that may not end up being made after all this controversy with the failed 'Augment Your Pre-Order' bull, in-game micro-transactions within pre-orders/a substantial chunk of the season pass and the poorly-done PC port, Square-Enix will earn a lot of personal enemies(if these tactics start to be utilized by other publishers in future).

Add on the fact that they've got Final Fantasy XV finally releasing in a few months' time after 10 years of development from the early Versus XIII days and this could easily lead to a make or break situation for them, if fans aren't pleased with the results(putting them potentially close to Capcom levels in terms of finances, if it ends up being a flop).
Ceamonks890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-16, 01:15   #1276
Ashnod

I'm at the point in the first/introductory level where the first action set piece is supposed to happen.

I'm already bored.

This is not a good sign. Taking a break for an hour or so. Hopefully I'll be inspired to finish it and move on then.
Ashnod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-16, 02:15   #1277
Zreen001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashnod View Post
I'm at the point in the first/introductory level where the first action set piece is supposed to happen.

I'm already bored.

This is not a good sign. Taking a break for an hour or so. Hopefully I'll be inspired to finish it and move on then.
I felt the same about Metal Gear Rising. Truthfully only liked maybe one or two locations in that game. Hope the same isn't for MD
Zreen001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-16, 03:48   #1278
Ashnod

Gah. I really wish the game was more clear about how to disable the fracking helicopter at the end of the first level. I ran around the stupid thing several times having no clue what I was supposed to do until a prompt finally appeared.

I was about ready to pull out all the weapons I picked up and start shooting it hoping I could do enough damage.

EDIT: Similar situation in a later side-quest. I have no idea how to actually do what is being asked of me. I really hate this game at the moment.

Last edited by Ashnod; 25-08-16 at 06:01.
Ashnod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-16, 06:05   #1279
SamCactus101

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarekhanzelka View Post
I hate to say it but I really hope this doesn't sell very well, or that at least those transactions they have put in end up flopping and people won't actually use them. Preferably the latter.
Wait... what transactions?
SamCactus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-16, 07:34   #1280
jarekhanzelka

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamCactus101 View Post
Wait... what transactions?
http://twinfinite.net/2016/08/all-de...ctions-prices/

Note that the article doesn't really mention the most important thing, and the worst - the fact they're tied to your save file, which means the stuff you buy is valid only in that one playthrough. In an RPG which is presumed to be played more than once. It's ridiculous.

Now in the perfect world this system could easily exist and I wouldn't be bothered by it whatsoever, but in the real world, if this system proves successful and other companies see its profitable potential...I mean, the stuff you can buy in this game isn't really stuff you need to casually play through the game. But if the system is successful, who's to stop someone else from shooting for the same success, while making it worse? Like, imagine a game where your only access to healing items is via micro-transactions. I can very easily see that happening, if anyone's ever tempted to get the stuff in Mankind Divided.
jarekhanzelka is offline   Reply With Quote