www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 26-01-12, 19:47   #31
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablight View Post
I am Tomo, I do not know my password from my old account, it has been a long time since i have logged in here
my emailaddress has changed too :S

I took a break from my trls5 for some years but i've decided to finish it one time ^^

Back to topic: I am looking forward for some new programs for trle, strpix is one of my favorites. i hope someone could realise my suggestions with choosable textures the way core did texture their objects.
In that case, welcome back Tomo!

Good to hear you are picking up on Last Saga again!

As for STRPix:
well, being able to select parts of textures like you can do on the TGA is a good idea as far as I'm concerned.
Click and drag the portion you want to apply.
Old 26-01-12, 21:41   #32
Zolee
Professor

Thank you for sharing! This will come very handy!
Zolee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-12, 00:01   #33
sapper
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablight View Post
Hi,

nice update for Strpix
Would it be possible for you to implement following:

In Strpix you only can select textures that are already saved in the wad. what about the idea to import a new texture with strpix and you can draw a border and choose the textureparts you need from the whole texture and put it on the mesh (almost like in trle). And with saving the file strpix cuts the unneeded textures out and keeps the needed one.

Like in the picture below. I import the texture then I draw a border like the red one and texture the first face with the cut texture, then i draw a border like the yellow one and texture face nr2 and so on.
That would make it a lot easier to texture complex objects.
This may be possible to implement in StrPix since it is done in PixStr. Since both programs are written in Delphi it may be possible to add the PixStr code to StrPix.

Turbo did not use a code library to handle images in his programs but processes the "raw" data and since I am inexperienced with image stuff I didn't want to mess it up.

At the moment you can use Champ's TextureAdd program to add textures to a wad and cut them up as you wish using the Texture Position section. It is not as user friendly as your suggestion but TextureAdd is a great program and uses a good code library (DLL) to process images.

PM Champ on this forum with your suggestion. He is always keen for new ideas for his program and may implement the mouse defined cutting up technique.

As for cutting out the unused textures would still have to rely on wadmerger doing this when it opens the wad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Controfiliburu View Post
When I was looking at the meshes from the VCI wad (from skribblerz) in stripx there were a stairs and it was texured with only a piece of the texture .
I don`t know how it`s done but I swear I saw something like this.
Yes it is true that you can have many texture pieces defined for the same image data. I noticed this with wads for the early TR games. See TextureAdd's Texture Position section to understand how.

In the screenshot of StrPix above, below the texture page display is a button that says "Not picked".
If you select a texture from the texture page and not from the texture list it will show how many textures are defined for the pixel you clicked on. For TR4 wads this is usually "1 picked" but for the early wads it may be more than one picked and the button becomes active.
If you then click the button you can select whichever of the textures you want.

Last edited by sapper; 27-01-12 at 00:18.
sapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-12, 11:11   #34
Diablight
Hobbyist

Thanks for the answers. Textureadd is a nice program however choosing the texturepart with a grid and put it immediately to the face, all in one program would be very easier.

In Pixstr its possible but texturing the triangles and rotate, flip the textures is horrible in PixSTR..

Last edited by Diablight; 27-01-12 at 15:34.
Diablight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-12, 05:02   #35
Champ
Hobbyist

i just updated textureadd with the feature to make selections to create texture positions faster... check mark the draw box, then left click and drag on the page to make a selection rect, release the mouse to create it...if dont like it you can click edit button or the delete button in the texture position area...
Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-12, 08:36   #36
Diablight
Hobbyist

Nice work, thanks for the support. Would it be possible to implement this feature into strpix? This would help a lot to check immediately if the new created texture fits on the face in combination with the other textures on the mesh. Thx
Old 06-02-12, 12:10   #37
teme9
Professor

it a shame that these 2 wonderful programs are not combimined. It would be probably be the best program if they were
teme9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-12, 13:25   #38
Diablight
Hobbyist

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by teme9 View Post
it a shame that these 2 wonderful programs are not combimined. It would be probably be the best program if they were
exactly
Old 06-02-12, 16:39   #39
Titak

A STRPix that let's you select parts of a larger texture at will by dragging the mouse to select a part?!
Man, that would really save me a lot of time importing all those texturetiles!
Old 06-02-12, 19:59   #40
TheTiger
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
A STRPix that let's you select parts of a larger texture at will by dragging the mouse to select a part?!
Man, that would really save me a lot of time importing all those texturetiles!
Me too! Right now when im making an arch i need to cut the texture up in many different sizes and pieces to not make them look Squished and Streched...
TheTiger is offline   Reply With Quote