Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Legend

Old 25-07-18, 19:29   #11
Legends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Don't blame you, its WAY too long.
At least on high difficulty. It never used to bother me much back in the day, but in retrospect the bike sequences is the worst part of the game. Not because it's particularly difficult, but it's so time consuming for just driving and shooting.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-18, 20:21   #12
plastiboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends View Post
I love Kazakhstan too, but that damn bike sequence kept it from making the list.
it was long come to think of it, i would get so frustrated everytime where i think it would be time to get close enough to the train, but then die after slamming into it
plastiboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-18, 21:14   #13
Legends

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastiboi View Post
it was long come to think of it, i would get so frustrated everytime where i think it would be time to get close enough to the train, but then die after slamming into it
Oh, the checkpoints. On easy and normal difficulty I don't mind these levels much, it's basically a long drive with enemies shooting at you constantly, but as soon as you crank it up to hard, Lara takes a lot of more damage per shot, and there's no avoiding all of it. So it becomes crucial to always get the health packs otherwise you will most likely die and have to start over. It's the most infuriating process.
Old 25-07-18, 21:16   #14
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends View Post
Oh, the checkpoints. On easy and normal difficulty I don't mind these levels much, it's basically a long drive with enemies shooting at you constantly, but as soon as you crank it up to hard, Lara takes a lot of more damage per shot, and there's no avoiding all of it. So it becomes crucial to always get the health packs otherwise you will most likely die and have to start over. It's the most infuriating process.
You CAN avoid damage by zig-zagging, but then if you happen to have (I swear its luck) a bad crash, then you're instantly dead anyway, I've even had enemy bikes that I just killed the Driver, slam into Lara off her bike for an instant kill, I'm seriously glad they changed it in Underworld, as even if you enjoy them the first time, unlike most of Legend they do not really hold up on a second playthrough.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-18, 21:22   #15
Legends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
You CAN avoid damage by zig-zagging, but then if you happen to have (I swear its luck) a bad crash, then you're instantly dead anyway, I've even had enemy bikes that I just killed the Driver, slam into Lara off her bike for an instant kill, I'm seriously glad they changed it in Underworld, as even if you enjoy them the first time, unlike most of Legend they do not really hold up on a second playthrough.
I've had so many mindblowingly stupid deaths that way. I always zig-zag when I play that level and just when I think it's going good suddenly she smashes into something. So I always try to combine the shooting and the zig-zag, but usually it's always a mess at this level.

Yeah, I'm happy they changed it too. Phew! Well, look what we have now.
Old 25-07-18, 23:52   #16
WWETombRaider

Nepal is my favorite. It's the epitome of short but sweet.

Peru (excluding motorbike sequence) & England were good as well.
WWETombRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-18, 11:42   #17
Grimaldi

Nepal for me. They nailed that cold, remote atmosphere which was especially poignant considering what the location meant to Lara. The eerily beautiful singing in the music was a great touch.

Kazakhstan is great post-bike sequence. Lara and Amanda’s banter over the headset and the dead scientists were pretty interesting. England had some of the best atmosphere and jokes.

“They were two different bloody swords!”
Grimaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-18, 16:48   #18
Nigel Cassidy

I like the England level because it starts in the ordinary world and we go from there into the unkown tomb and then make our way back to the point that we started. I also like it because of how the museum provides background information on the Arthurian myths without getting boring or getting in the way of gameplay. Finally I like it because of the attention to detail. For instance, those shields that hang in the museum are the actual shield designs of Bors and Galahad and so forth.
Nigel Cassidy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-18, 20:12   #19
Yeauxleaux

I love the England level too. Ghana is also about on par with it

I love Legend generally, but I find all of the levels are way too streamlined and short. Seriously if they had gone through every level, padded them out with more non-linear side areas, and more complex puzzles and platforming sections, it would easily be one of my favourite TRs ever. It just needed a bit more difficulty and a lot more length and "meat" to it.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-18, 23:29   #20
KenchiKun96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
I love the England level too. Ghana is also about on par with it

I love Legend generally, but I find all of the levels are way too streamlined and short. Seriously if they had gone through every level, padded them out with more non-linear side areas, and more complex puzzles and platforming sections, it would easily be one of my favourite TRs ever. It just needed a bit more difficulty and a lot more length and "meat" to it.
Tomb Raider Legend's level are such a tease...They all feel so underwehlming...Especially Nepal,the Temple was when it was getting good and boom,got the sword,it's over...Like that's it?? And Bolivia Redux was just...

Last edited by KenchiKun96; 26-07-18 at 23:32.
KenchiKun96 is offline   Reply With Quote