Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 20-10-17, 09:22   #221
Caesum

^ Well the outfit does resemble TRU Lara afterall.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-17, 15:28   #222
SrDanielPonces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
Definitely an improvement, you need to adjust the speed of the animation though, it doesn't carry her far enough forward. I got mine by setting up a test room with a fixed camera so i could watch it side on and find the right value.

Also her feet are very loud and slappy, you should drastically lower the volume of the sample. Bare feet are very very quiet because the firmness muffles sound, those loud slaps just don't sound right.
I'll try to adjust the speed (although, it doesn't feel like it's that bad for me. I'll adjust the value in wadmerger )

I'm not sure about the feet sounds. It wouldn't sound too good having almost inaudible feet. I'll make some tests but honestly I'm more up to having the feet volume as I have now.
----------
Thanks to everyone else for the compliments!
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-17, 16:57   #223
Danath

Thumbs up

Those animations look great! I can't wait to play this.
Danath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-17, 21:21   #224
Boobandie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces View Post
I'll try to adjust the speed (although, it doesn't feel like it's that bad for me. I'll adjust the value in wadmerger )

I'm not sure about the feet sounds. It wouldn't sound too good having almost inaudible feet. I'll make some tests but honestly I'm more up to having the feet volume as I have now.
----------
Thanks to everyone else for the compliments!
If you have TRA run around in the wetsuit outfit. The feet are very quiet and it sounds a lot better.

Are you sure those are feet samples by the way? They sound more like her hands when shimmying.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-17, 21:25   #225
SrDanielPonces

^ Taken from AOD, and apparently they are used too on Titak's Mists of Avalon
Old 21-10-17, 21:50   #226
Boobandie

Angel of Darkness doesn't have barefoot sounds. She still makes boot sounds in her wetsuit. So they are definitely hand slaps, hence why they sound so weird loud...

Honestly Lara's feet were a flaw in MoA as well. They were very distracting but not as bad as they would be if they were to interrupt the quiet ship atmosphere of the Maria Doria.

Anniversary and Underworld have bare foot samples that can be extracted, and both games play them a lot more quietly.
Old 21-10-17, 21:54   #227
SrDanielPonces

^ I've extracted some sounds from TRA but unfortunately the program that I used doesn't seem to extract all of them. I was not able to find either feet sounds or even her hands - only screams, deaths, drowning and voices of Lara. I've had to ask other people for the sounds they're using lol

If you know a good sound ripper for TRA/TRU, I'd appreciate to know about it.

Last edited by SrDanielPonces; 21-10-17 at 21:55.
Old 21-10-17, 21:56   #228
Boobandie

Oh I had the same problem. You've got the right tool but there's a trick to getting the samples as opposed to sound clips (longer effects, dialogue, and music). Hold on...

EDIT: The samples are located in the .drm files. With each model (say, Lara Wetsuit) containing all sound effects associated with that model. You need to extract the .drm file with trltool, then extract the samples from the file with another tool. I'm hunting around for the right one at the moment, I thought it was sonix but I can't seem to find the exe file for it.

EDIT2: Here is the program, simply drag and drop any .drm file you extract with trltool onto it and it'll create a new folder with all the wav files it contains. Legend and Anniversary's samples all have unique number values, so you'll encounter a lot of double ups. Just make sure to find her feet rather than her hands, open up TRA and run around a bit listening closely.

Last edited by Boobandie; 21-10-17 at 22:14.
Old 21-10-17, 22:09   #229
SrDanielPonces

^ Yes, I found that tool here on TRF (had to search a bit).

I'm grateful for your attempt to help.
Old 21-10-17, 22:15   #230
Boobandie

Yeah we should really have this more well documented.