Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 05-10-16, 16:14   #31
Soul
Golden

WOW! My favourite screenshot so far
Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-16, 21:04   #32
Chamayoo

I've always been trash about TR2013 but Coastal Forest certainly is one of the most beautiful section of the entire series !
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-16, 14:51   #33
Matie

Default Mountain Temple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
I've always been trash about TR2013 but Coastal Forest certainly is one of the most beautiful section of the entire series !
Yeah, it does look really pretty and I just love how varied it is in terms of looks, colours and mood and the transition between them is so smooth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul View Post
WOW! My favourite screenshot so far
Thank you! Somehow it reminds me of the colour scheme of Cursed Winter 2 demo by the way.

03 - Mountain Temple (full gallery)

The next section is quite an exciting one. I used to rush through it so quickly, as the pace of the gameplay demanded, I didn't have a chance to observe the scenery a bit more thoroughly. But now I took my time, as a result, poor Lara was shot with arrows several times.

I spent about an hour, maybe even more looking around in an area that lasts about 2 minutes. But hey, it was worth it!

I found Vlad's body outside the map. I also took a look at the hostages, found Victor, Liam and the fisherman, who also appear in multiplayer. I uploaded some pics of them as bonus shots in the gallery.

I took a lot of close-ups of Lara, the lighting made her stand out.

First kill, after which Lara becomes a killing machine. But let's take a look at that burning pagoda in the background!

This Lara can do badass poses, too!

I also like her face expression while aiming/shooting with the bow. Finally not a scared girl all the time.

"Come at me!"

And on to the next area, Mountain Village. It's going to be a long section... Mountain Temple was short, but it sure offered some great opportunities for taking screenshots.

There are 27 new screenshots uploaded in the gallery with 7 bonus shots. Hope you like them!
Matie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-16, 22:33   #34
pipermaru

Amazing screenshots.
pipermaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-16, 11:17   #35
Matie

Thank you! (:

04 - Mountain Village (full gallery)

It's a pretty dark section, which still manages to look great. I spotted Shantytown/the palace in the distance for the first time and I don't think I've noticed the bell tower until now.

Of course, I had to get on top of it. This area gets destroyed later as a plane crashes here and thanks to that, this part becomes accessible - but for now, it's unreachable. It was supposed to have some gameplay though, as I noticed these: http://i.imgur.com/YANMJ0w.jpg

Light and swing the torches to get some salvage. I'll have to check back later to see if it's still here after the crash.

This tower is really one of the highlights of this place.

And this is why you shouldn't butcher the wildlife, I managed to catch this cutie on camera

I also had some fun taking pics of these guys, I uploaded a couple of bonus screenshots, you can check them out on the bottom of the gallery. One of them and Lara got stuck in an impossible pose.

21 new screenshots and 6 bonus shots uploaded this time. Base Approach, Mountain Base and Base Exterior coming up next shortly, in one single post due to these parts being shorter.

Last edited by Matie; 04-12-16 at 11:19.
Old 05-12-16, 18:17   #36
MelikeLara

Wow! Never seen TReboot look better! Thanks
MelikeLara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-16, 05:55   #37
SamCactus101

Ooh I quite like the one of Lara shivering hehe. The one close-up of her aiming is sweet! Badass and perfect!
SamCactus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-16, 23:31   #38
Matie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelikeLara View Post
Wow! Never seen TReboot look better! Thanks
Thank you! I try to show the game from a different viewpoint, I'm glad it comes through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamCactus101 View Post
Ooh I quite like the one of Lara shivering hehe. The one close-up of her aiming is sweet! Badass and perfect!
I also love her face when she aims, this confident, determined look fits her so well.

05 - Base Approach & Mountain Base & Base Exterior (full gallery)

I'm putting these three locations into one single post, as they're pretty short sections, so it covers everything up until the radio tower.

It's still dark and rainy as we get closer to the base, so naturally one would wish for a bit of a change by now. The base itself is scattered with stuff, it even has hanging corpses above the water, which makes us want to get out of the not-so-clean water as soon as possible. And here's a good example that even a short corridor can look great (as opposed to the long and uninteresting corridors of Tomb Raider Anniversary for example) with a ruined, overgrown ceiling, good lighting and detail.

Snow comes as a very pleasant surprise and a refreshing change, we start wondering what's going on again. We get a good explanation later in the story, but until then, it's another mystery. The island is pretty diverse and it makes perfect sense; thanks to the fine backstory, it's definitely not a problem that the entire game is limited to one single location.

These guys can look rather creepy! That one guy that suddenly jumps from the ceiling in the base used to scare me so much, it reminds me of how scared I used to be of the enemies in the classics, you never knew what was around the corner. I really miss that feeling in the newer games.

This part is quite combat heavy, so I took a lot of action shots here.

A bit of dancing around I guess... I remember I liked it a lot when she said "Yes, still alive!" here.

And finally, the radio tower. The horizon is incredibly beautiful here, I also enjoyed the camera angles and movements during the cinematic.

The sequence is very well done, though I was disappointed when I let go of the movement buttons and I found out that I don't have any control over Lara in the majority of the climbing sequence - therefore the sense of danger only comes across thanks to the thrilling visual experience and sadly, it's missing from the gameplay, as we lose control entirely and realize Lara can't fall. Too bad, I did fall a few times while trying to take some pics and it was quite scary.

I have some bonus shots of Lara losing her hair when I went too far off the map. :P

There are 48 new screenshots uploaded in the gallery, with 6 extra shots. I already have a few more of the next location, I can't wait to share them!
Old 02-02-17, 20:06   #39
JACOBryanBURNS
Golden

I always love how filthy dirty Lara got and how pristinely clean her hair remained.
JACOBryanBURNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-17, 22:12   #40
Trenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACOBryanBURNS View Post
I always love how filthy dirty Lara got and how pristinely clean her hair remained.
That's because throughout the game she continually washes her hair with TressFX

Trenton is offline   Reply With Quote