Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Underworld

Old 02-12-08, 16:24   #1
LeeTheBee

Default Midgard Serpent ramp down ???

Hi all, so I get through the door OK to the cut scene, jump on my bike and travel down the steps to where the ramp should be....but it is down! In all the videos and stills I have seen the ramp is already up and ready to jump, am I missing something to raise the ramp? I have looked from one end to the other but can find nothing, anyone help please?

Lee
LeeTheBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-08, 16:43   #2
TombRaiderCool

Arrow

Hi Lee and welcome to the forums.
I take it you are talking about Tomb Raider Underworld?
You have to get off your bike and go over the the left-hand wall, there should be 2 poles there, one above the other, jump up the first one then perform a wall jump up onto the top of the second one, then face the pillar on your side where the ramp is not yet up, there will be a pillar with a flat ridge, either swing or jump from the pole onto the ridge, the ridge will move downwards and the ramp will rise.
I hope this help, good luck!

Last edited by TombRaiderCool; 02-12-08 at 17:11. Reason: typo
TombRaiderCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-08, 16:44   #3
trtrailerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeTheBee View Post

Hi all, so I get through the door OK to the cut scene, jump on my bike and travel down the steps to where the ramp should be....but it is down! In all the videos and stills I have seen the ramp is already up and ready to jump, am I missing something to raise the ramp? I have looked from one end to the other but can find nothing, anyone help please?

Lee
hi,

your obviously new, this is the wrong section u need to put it in tomb raider underworld section and ur not very specific, wats the level? and at which bit u cant just say oo a cutscene and expect us all to know
trtrailerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-08, 17:06   #4
adidaz92

Quote:
Originally Posted by trtrailerman View Post
hi,

your obviously new, this is the wrong section u need to put it in tomb raider underworld section and ur not very specific, wats the level? and at which bit u cant just say oo a cutscene and expect us all to know
hes talking about southern Mexico when you get inside xilbaba .
leethebee just do what tombraidercool said
adidaz92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-08, 17:24   #5
LeeTheBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombRaiderCool View Post
Hi Lee and welcome to the forums.
I take it you are talking about Tomb Raider Underworld?
You have to get off your bike and go over the the left-hand wall, there should be 2 poles there, one above the other, jump up the first one then perform a wall jump up onto the top of the second one, then face the pillar on your side where the ramp is not yet up, there will be a pillar with a flat ridge, either swing or jump from the pole onto the ridge, the ridge will move downwards and the ramp will rise.
I hope this help, good luck!

Thanks for the quick response TRC, I can see the 2 poles from where I am, the ramp is still down on the 1st pit, so I am unable to reach them. The rap should be up right?

Lee
Old 02-12-08, 17:35   #6
xRikux89

Yes, the ramp should be up, you've experience a bug that has been reported by several players. If you are playing on PC, you can use a trainer to bypass the gap.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7rgckm

Download, run both tru.exe and the trainer and activate super jump (and perhaps infinite health too, since the super jump landing isn't quite that soft), and jump across the gap. Then complete the pole puzzle to enable access back across and bring the bike over (you will need it later).

If you're not on PC, you'll have to load an earlier savegame/restart level/whatever you do on the console versions.
xRikux89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-08, 17:38   #7
TombRaiderCool

Arrow

Quote:
Thanks for the quick response TRC, I can see the 2 poles from where I am, the ramp is still down on the 1st pit, so I am unable to reach them. The rap should be up right?

Lee
Hi, So it's the first ramp the is down? I just had a look at the bugs and solutions page and it sounds a bug.
But there are some solutions that might work:

Quote:
Solution: N/A. Restart the level (you may have to do this more than once). Alternatively, use a trainer to bypass the gap (PC only).
TombRaiderCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-08, 17:42   #8
ZIP!2009

Exclamation

THIS HAPPENED TO ME......I HATE MEXICO NOW

i was looking for treasures when it happened....and because of this glitch i couldnt get the treasures later in the level,meaning i had to reload a autosave and RE-FIND EVERY RELIC AGAIN

CRYSTAL
ZIP!2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-08, 17:53   #9
LeeTheBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRikux89 View Post
Yes, the ramp should be up, you've experience a bug that has been reported by several players. If you are playing on PC, you can use a trainer to bypass the gap.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7rgckm

Download, run both tru.exe and the trainer and activate super jump (and perhaps infinite health too, since the super jump landing isn't quite that soft), and jump across the gap. Then complete the pole puzzle to enable access back across and bring the bike over (you will need it later).

If you're not on PC, you'll have to load an earlier savegame/restart level/whatever you do on the console versions.
Im on PS3 and after about 1/2 hour of trying I loaded the previous saved level (calender puzzle) and did that up to same point, and still no ramp

Lee
Old 02-12-08, 18:18   #10
ZIP!2009

Quote:
Im on PS3 and after about 1/2 hour of trying I loaded the previous saved level (calender puzzle) and did that up to same point, and still no ramp

Lee
YOULL NEED TO RESTART MEXICO ALL OVER AGAIN
YOU CAN ONLY DO THIS BY RESTARTING CROFT MANOR FIRST AND LET IT RUN THROUGH,(i think the level loads in the opening cutscene)when lara is on the moterbike at the start of the level)you canT just go from from the first mexico autosave
because their is no opening..cutscene

PAIN IN THE BACKSIDE I KNOW BUT THS GAME IS BOTCHED

Last edited by ZIP!2009; 02-12-08 at 18:20.
ZIP!2009 is offline   Reply With Quote