Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 20-03-18, 15:53   #11
Vaskito

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanosCroft View Post
I expect a long hiatus after Shadow of the Tomb Raider is released even though will be successful or not. Reboot Lara will be in the next games after SOTTR, they tried to make their own Lara after all so they will not abandon her and put Classic/LAU Lara instead in their games. Maybe around 2023-2025.
Of course Lara will be a full Tomb Raider and prepared for everything.
Omg I can't wait for this to happen! [B]WIG/B]
Honestly, I don't think so. Maybe another 3 years max
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-18, 15:58   #12
FanosCroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
Honestly, I don't think so. Maybe another 3 years max
The game will still be promoted 2-3 years after release, just like they did with Rise. After that I expect the trilogy to be remastered for the new consoles and this will need another promo. So we will have a longer wait than we had with Rise, after Shadow is released.
FanosCroft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-18, 16:07   #13
Vaskito

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanosCroft View Post
The game will still be promoted 2-3 years after release, just like they did with Rise. After that I expect the trilogy to be remastered for the new consoles and this will need another promo. So we will have a longer wait than we had with Rise, after Shadow is released.
There's nothing that justifies a 5 year break. There's not another reboot coming. Just a new story arc/adventure. 3 years is more than enough, just like shadow
Old 20-03-18, 16:11   #14
Carloicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
There's nothing that justifies a 5 year break. There's not another reboot coming. Just a new story arc/adventure. 3 years is more than enough, just like shadow
Yes, I agree with this. Also, if they went 5 years or more, the general public (not us Tomb Raider fans) would simply forget about it and move onto other things, and then when they do decide to release it, people won't care and it will do unsuccessfully.
Carloicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-18, 16:14   #15
Vaskito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carloicious View Post
Yes, I agree with this. Also, if they went 5 years or more, the general public (not us Tomb Raider fans) would simply forget about it and move onto other things, and then when they do decide to release it, people won't care and it will do unsuccessfully.
Exactly. The time they took between TRU and TR2013 was built up on hype of a reboot. Not the case now
Old 20-03-18, 16:18   #16
Costel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carloicious View Post
So why did people cared about Tomb Raider 2013 that was released after 5 years since the release of Underworld?
Costel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-18, 16:19   #17
Vaskito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costel View Post
So why did people cared about Tomb Raider 2013 that was released after 5 years since the release of Underworld?
For the reason I've stated above. Hype built up on the reboot, which isn't the case now
Old 20-03-18, 16:20   #18
quetzalcoatl

Perhaps, after SOTTR wraps up the current origin storyline, they can do the TR2 remake then move onto a new adventure
quetzalcoatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-18, 16:26   #19
Daft Raider
Inactive

This reminds me of my friend who cried in the store when he was 9 because he seen the word “last” on The Last Revelation box and thought it was the last game in the series.
Daft Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-18, 16:28   #20
GRiannisRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by quetzalcoatl View Post
Perhaps, after SOTTR wraps up the current origin storyline, they can do the TR2 remake then move onto a new adventure
That would have been amazing ! I'll pray for it but I would really like to also see nicobass project competed
GRiannisRaider is offline   Reply With Quote