www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

Old 21-04-18, 08:08   #81
Tyrannosaurus
Relic Hunter

New trailer, and probably a spoileriffic one:

It looks even worse than before, like a tired retread of The Lost World and the previous film. How much do you want to bet this movie will fall short of box office expectations, and kill off the trilogy they've planned?
Old 21-04-18, 11:11   #82
xcrushterx
Relic Hunter

I doubt it will do that badly.
Old 21-04-18, 11:27   #83
ggctuk
Relic Hunter

I'd expect it to do fairly well, actually. But it seems this trailer suffers from the same peril as pretty much every other film trailer: it shows too much.
Old 21-04-18, 11:47   #84
xcrushterx
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggctuk View Post
I'd expect it to do fairly well, actually. But it seems this trailer suffers from the same peril as pretty much every other film trailer: it shows too much.
Agreed. It won't touch the box office of Jurassic World, but it will likely still kill the summer. Critically, it might get destroyed, but that shouldn't stop it doing well financially

I'm optimistic. Although the only two films in this franchise I think are actually good are the first one (obvs) and Jurassic World. The other two are trash IMO. So maybe this franchise has an 'only the first in the trilogy' is good kind of pattern.
Old 21-04-18, 14:40   #85
ggctuk
Relic Hunter

Lost World had some good ideas but it was executed sloppily (they should have stuck more to the novel). I don't think 3 had a story - it was just the dregs of whatever story was leftover from the two novels that weren't used in their subsequent films.
Old 24-04-18, 16:56   #86
rewak
Professor

I was really really hoping they wouldn't go down that stupid weaponised dinosaurs route, that's a rejected plot from JP3 for crying out loud! Even the scene with Goldblum, that's lifted right from one of the comics, although it's Lex in the comic. Come on people, the franchise has a lot of potential, if you have to scrape the bottom of the barrel and use rejected ideas from the dullest entry in the franchise and copy/paste scenes from a spin off comic barely anyone read you really shouldn't be working on the thing at all! That's not even going into the fact the exploding island idea is from the original novel.

Last edited by rewak; 24-04-18 at 16:58.
rewak is offline   Reply With Quote