Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 01-05-18, 11:12   #21
johnanonymouz

Oh yes! I don't know if I'll replay LAU but I want to replay the classics for sure since I have never played Tomb Raider 1 past 2nd level or sth and it has been almost a decade since I last played them and I was so young that I don't remember much.............I only remember that Lud's Gate gave me nightmares!

ps. I also don't know if I'll replay the reboot games cause I've been playing them soooooooo much, time for a break.

Last edited by johnanonymouz; 01-05-18 at 11:15.
johnanonymouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-18, 11:12   #22
OrangeJuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Paige View Post
I’ve never been past the first level in TR1. I started playing when I was young TRII and onwards. Tried to play the first one when I was older but it’s aged too badly for me
siiiiiiis you need to play TR1 it's legit a masterpiece. it might be the less evolved out of the classic but it's the best.

also i think i only plan to replay the reboot. rise can choke.
OrangeJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-18, 11:32   #23
bagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
siiiiiiis you need to play TR1 it's legit a masterpiece. it might be the less evolved out of the classic but it's the best.

Yaassss, agree wholeheartedly on this. The first TR is a product of love and passion. I can really feel it from the quality and the creativity of the levels (hello Lost Valley T-Rex? Hello Fleshy Atlantis? Hello?) and the soundtracks. I heard that CORE doesn't even expect TR to be really popular y'know? I feel like they just did their own little thing that they love- that is creating games, without catering to anyone or anything, but ended up with something that is really special.
bagas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-18, 11:36   #24
Princess_Paige
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post

I’ll give in another go
Princess_Paige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-18, 11:48   #25
Yeauxleaux

I do actually want to play the 2013 game again (well, DE). I haven't for a while because I need to buy a new copy, since mine went missing. I'm convinced my Mom's asshole ex-boyfriend threw my copy out to be spiteful, because I haven't seen it since around the time she kicked him out of our house. Manchild.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-18, 12:20   #26
OrangeJuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagas View Post
Yaassss, agree wholeheartedly on this. The first TR is a product of love and passion. I can really feel it from the quality and the creativity of the levels (hello Lost Valley T-Rex? Hello Fleshy Atlantis? Hello?) and the soundtracks. I heard that CORE doesn't even expect TR to be really popular y'know? I feel like they just did their own little thing that they love- that is creating games, without catering to anyone or anything, but ended up with something that is really special.
yup all of this. it's just such a creative game and you can literally feel the passion on your skin while playing certain levels. which is not to say that the following games lacked passion, it's just that TR1 was so very clearly such a very unique project.
OrangeJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-18, 12:28   #27
jeffrey van oort

I did a TR Marathon of the videogames before the TR movie with Alicia Vikander got out.
Both CD1 & CD2.
jeffrey van oort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-18, 13:21   #28
ArigatoGozymas
Inactive

I'd love to. But the problem is they're all scattered on different platforms. I could play the classics on PS Vita or PS3, AOD on PS2, LAU trilogy on PS3 (remastered) and the reboot on PS4. But it's a hassle, to be honest, which is a shame.
ArigatoGozymas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-18, 13:57   #29
Legends

I replayed Legend, Anniversary and Underworld recently. And before this play-through there's been many years since I've played them. And even though they have their problems, I really enjoyed going back to them. It got me all nostalgic, because I really loved Legend and Anniversary at the time. Underworld disappointed me a little back in 2008, but after this play-through it reminded me about all the things I loved about it too. It also made me a little sad to think about Underworld as the last authentic Tomb Raider game.

I've played through Tomb Raider 2013 and Rise twice, and both are fine games, but I don't really want to go back to them the way I'd go back to any other Tomb Raider game. Maybe it's because both of them are basically the same game, (lol) and I just can't get into this weird overacting Lara. I sound very critical of these games, but if they slapped a different name on this series, I would eat it all up. I just can't take another "my first kill guilt story".

But I will be going back to the classics! I actually want to start with Tomb Raider III, but I'm nor sure where I'm going to play it. I've always played it on PlayStation, but is PC better? I have the option to play it on PC now, and I'll do it if the quality if better.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-18, 15:16   #30
PinoCroft

I am planning on playing them all, but im kinda doing it in a weird order.
Finished 3, now im playing 2, i dont know what order im going to finish them
PinoCroft is offline   Reply With Quote