Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Chronicles

Old 10-01-18, 11:47   #81
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girafarig32 View Post
..... Maybe it's young Lara and her outrageous face in the renders always crossing my mind

Last edited by The Great Chi; 10-01-18 at 11:48.
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-18, 21:38   #82
Craig Michaels

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid View Post
TR3 > TR5 > everything else
Haha yup, me too.

And, for me, I loved the submarine levels (except for the diving suit one, it was short and awkward to navigate).

The sinking submarine got me totally wrapped up in the danger and suspense of it, and the sounds of the creaking "dying vessel" creeped me out in a good way trying to run around the same environment I'd seen, now flooded and with live wires in the water.
Craig Michaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-18, 11:36   #83
fleetingwells

I think Chronicles is great if only for the Ireland levels. The atmosphere is fantastic, and the story was really interesting to me. I'll never forget the Labyrinth level when that god awful skeleton scared the daylights out of me at each turn in the church. I sometimes found VCI to be unnecessarily too hard when I was younger, but it was fun.

I may be biased, however. I tended to like the later games of the classics because I was old enough to be allowed to play them
fleetingwells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-18, 03:34   #84
jhons0529

To me young Lara was always a cute unexplored phase of Lara unlike the reboot, we have the necessary backstory but it felt like she could have had more adventures. If Classic Young Lara ran into Himiko she would have taught her a lesson or two, no pick axe needed, a crowbar to the skull would have done just fine

On topic though, I love all of TRC, I remember it fondly and think the game has perfect levels!

Last edited by jhons0529; 18-01-18 at 03:35.
jhons0529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-18, 21:53   #85
loom

This is easily the worst classic TR game as far I'm concerned. It probably would have been more enjoyable if the last section wasn't offensively awful (not that Russia is very good either ).
loom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-18, 16:06   #86
JoelCaesar

In my opinion, chronicles had too many cutscenes that weren't skippable. I don't care about a monologue from a hanging man in Ireland or the backstory of the general in the submarine.
JoelCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-18, 15:28   #87
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelCaesar View Post
In my opinion, chronicles had too many cutscenes that weren't skippable. I don't care about a monologue from a hanging man in Ireland or the backstory of the general in the submarine.
I loved the characters in the Spooky Dark Island, they were brilliant, and the fact that Young Lara had no guns and had to rely on her wits to get through, made it even better.

Agree that a skip cutscene button would have been useful for long cutscenes, having seen them many times.

Last edited by The Great Chi; 22-01-18 at 22:27.
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-18, 22:51   #88
Jorje Croft

its was boring for me, I don't like the whole concept of different story for every level.
Jorje Croft is offline   Reply With Quote