www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures > Tomb Raider Films

Old 27-07-17, 06:57   #1
.:Tirivol:.
Professor

Default [SPOILER] The General Tomb Raider Movie discussion thread

Hey everyone! Since not anyone want to spoil themselves, I made this thread.

For now we don't have too much to talk about. Just a script (a third draft) that can be fake or not. Here's the main points in the script:

Quote:
- The story is so fast paced and rushed that Lara's growth is really unjustified.
- Richard is what drives the story and Lara's motivation. ENTIRELY. He's like a second main character.
- The island is just... an island. No scavengers. No city. No crazy cults. There's no build up. Lara is there to find Richard and that's it. Himiko it's just an accident in the story, she's not even present (just as a sarcophagus).
- The events on the island are SO BORING. Literally it's just human interaction and nothing more. There's a tomb at the end (that can't really be defined a tomb) which offers nothing but a few zombie creatures.
- Himiko's myth is changed... and for the worst! Now she's the goddess of death and she has some sort of virus that infects people.
- Mathias is so bland and generic. His motivations are dull and he's not stuck in the island like the game, but simply follows Lara to the island (making the Endurance sink during an attack, no Devil's triangle or Himiko's powers!)
- There's nothing "TOMB RAIDER" about it. I don't know why Walton compared it to Raiders of the Lost Ark cause it's the farthest thing from it. There's no adventure feeling.
Here's what the script misses

Quote:
- Lu Ren son
- Alexandre's Character (there's a blond mercenary, but he has near to zero dialogue)
- Multiple bad guys/scavengers like actors
- Lara's love intrest in the London's part
- Lara's roomie (not sophie, she's in)
- Lara's neclace, the same from the game (since she supposedly wears it in the last scene of the film)
- Boxing ring and trainer scene (there's a scene, but it's not the same from Walton's pics)
- Climbing axes
- Day scene in the beach, with Lara holding a wood (the offical photo we got)
- Lara climbing a plane with her hands tight (there a scene with a plane, but Lara's hands are not tight)
.:Tirivol:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-17, 07:12   #2
Tancha
Student

It looks like they threw the Lu Ren's son out of the movie. The actor is not on the cast list.
Tancha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-17, 07:16   #3
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tancha View Post
It looks like they threw the Lu Ren's son out of the movie. The actor is not on the cast list.
He is, they filmed his scenes. IF the script is real, it's quite old. They may be added him later since Lu pratically does nothing on the island.
Old 27-07-17, 07:23   #4
OrangeFr3ak
Archaeologist

Not sure if Lara is actually going to have a love interest or boyfriend in the movie since this will be a key contrast to the games...
OrangeFr3ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-17, 07:34   #5
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeFr3ak View Post
Not sure if Lara is actually going to have a love interest or boyfriend in the movie since this will be a key contrast to the games...
As previously said, he's interested in her, but she isn't.
Old 27-07-17, 08:17   #6
James_Rutland
Relic Hunter

Posted this in the wrong thread... my mistake!

I've read snippets of the script, and from what I've read, it's definitely real. It also matches up with the script that there was a report about a while back. I'm also sure it's not that bad, it's very bold and different, and very human, the shipwreck scene is also very tense and close to the game. However, what comes after Lara arrives at Yamatai is absolutely awful and completely unnecessary. Complete twist of every Origin we've known Lara to had and not in the right way. Some things should just stay unchanged, no matter how fresh they want to make it.

On a positive note, it's definitely not the final script. Several things don't add up to what we already know and a lot is missing. I just pray that the father role was reduced in the final script.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-17, 08:47   #7
PinkyPromise
Explorer

I wish the script was fake. But unfortunately, I think it's real. Reason:

-Looks real, with blue corrections
-All the scenes make sense with what is seen or said by the actors
-I do not think anyone writes 100 pages just to laugh at us
-Deadpool, a Russian blog had read this script long before Tacha
When we see the trailer we will know. If the trailer confirms the script, we are lost. The script is so bad ...

- Lu Ren son
It was fake. That character is not in IMBD
- Alexandre's Character
Blond mercenary
- Multiple bad guys/scavengers like actors
The contracted actors are all mercenaries. We saw your photos on the set. All dressed in black. In imbd doubles are "mercenaries".
- Lara's love intrest in the London's part
I think it is not a love and the actor simply wanted to create expectations. I think he's one of the guys in the bar where Lara gets drunk with Sophie
- Lara's neclace from the game which she founds on the island (since she supposedly wears it in the last scene of the film)
We have not seen Alice during filming to know if she is wearing it. Lu Ren may return it later
- Boxing ring and trainer scene
Boseo scene is in the script. They may simply change the order: first boxing, I can bike, then college
- Climbing axes
I think he only uses it to stick with the mercenaries. A pity.

They were looking for locations in Australia in August. One month after. I'm sure there could only be one more review and not change much.

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 27-07-17 at 08:55.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-17, 08:59   #8
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
- Lu Ren son
It was fake. That character is not in IMBD

They were looking for locations in Australia in August. One month after. I'm sure there could only be one more review and not change much.
But we saw him with the cast on Instragram photos!

And scripts can change till the last minute. I can tell you, 'cause I work on scripts for a TV series!
Old 27-07-17, 09:04   #9
PinkyPromise
Explorer

But he could simply be a member of the ship's crew (Lu Ren gives Lara a knife because the members of the crew look at her with desire)

He only spent a few days working on the movie

This image confirms everything. Lord richard on his back with robinson crusoe look

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 27-07-17 at 09:10.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-17, 09:10   #10
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
Lord Richard...
Let's hope it's just a scavenger... with this photo the chances of the script of being real are growing...