Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 23-09-17, 10:36   #401
AimlessThunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
Lara's motivation is a welcome change, it's less about finding daddy and more about tracking down Trinity and finding a Tomb more in-line with Rise and feeding her motivation for becoming a Tomb Raider and bot just a girl doing this because she wants her dad. I feel like this simple change makes her actions more self assuring and bodes well for when she gets to the island. The early draft made her seem like she couldn't hold her own without her father now with this change she's a lot more capable which makes her seem less scared and dependent. She now has a nice character arc shaped by herself and not a man.
I really hope that this is the case .
AimlessThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-17, 11:12   #402
Wooxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
Pun intended? Lara's flat is pretty big, especially for one in London. It's probably so that the player won't get stuck and can jump around and stuff. Oh wait, it's not a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimlessThunder View Post
I really hope that this is the case .
Me too.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-17, 13:15   #403
James_Rutland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
Pun intended? Lara's flat is pretty big, especially for one in London. It's probably so that the player won't get stuck and can jump around and stuff. Oh wait, it's not a game.

Me too.
It's very open plan, like the game. Nicely spotted.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-17, 16:57   #404
Frankiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post

Me too.
I was going to say, especially for someone working as a bike courier. Even if she is only renting room.
Frankiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-17, 18:43   #405
shockwave_pulsar00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankiki View Post
I was going to say, especially for someone working as a bike courier. Even if she is only renting room.
She has 3 other roommates, which includes Sophie. So I'm sure the four of them can afford it.
shockwave_pulsar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-17, 09:56   #406
Frankiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave_pulsar00 View Post
She has 3 other roommates, which includes Sophie. So I'm sure the four of them can afford it.
I dunno I'm barely making rent in small terrace house in London (£800 in Zone 2 for a room), that kind of flat in East London would be more than a student could afford. But I'll suspend reality for a movie.
Frankiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-17, 13:07   #407
Wooxman

Quote:
I dunno I'm barely making rent in small terrace house in London (£800 in Zone 2 for a room), that kind of flat in East London would be more than a student could afford. But I'll suspend reality for a movie.
Are you sharing the rent with 3 others, though?
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-17, 14:25   #408
shockwave_pulsar00

Quote:
To be fair, in the script it was originally only Lara and Sophie sharing an apartment.
Old 24-09-17, 15:39   #409
James_Rutland

I've just noticed that at 2:14 you can see she has the brown leg strap on her leg, yet she doesn't in any other clips even the scenes that from the script we know would be near the end. Weird.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-17, 16:30   #410
shockwave_pulsar00

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Rutland View Post
[youtube]

I've just noticed that at 2:14 you can see she has the brown leg strap on her leg, yet she doesn't in any other clips even the scenes that from the script we know would be near the end. Weird.
Isn't that just her leg bandage? It looks like it may have bunched up a bit and got dirty.