Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Old 27-04-13, 12:51   #21
Zique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spong View Post
Thanks for elaborating and my apologies for initially assuming the wrong thing.

What you say seems to speak more of Crystal's coding/porting prowess (assuming it was them who did the port), which is obviously admirable seeing as most games ported from console to mobile appear to be horrible. If only more devs could get it right. My only prolonged experience of a ported "proper" game on an iPhone is Street Fighter, a game that has pretty frenetic gameplay 100% of the time, and the touchscreen controls were beyond hideous.

I've always seen touchscreen controls as only really suited to games like Angry Birds, Tomb Runner or Fruit Ninja because they're simplistic with their gameplay and warrant or require that physical interaction with what's on-screen. In fact, in touchscreen's defence, I'd imagine something like Fruit Ninja would probably play better on an iPhone than it would on something like the Wii. Swiping your thumb/finger across an iPhone screen is a hell of a lot quicker waving a nunchuck about.
It's okay I also apologize if I came out as rude, english is not my mother language and I have some difficulty in expressing myself with it.

But I agree with you, it's almost impossible to find a good mobile port of a console game these days. I didn't even try Street Fighter 3 because you can see just by the trailer how annoying it is to have your thumbs hiding the screen, but that really doesn't happen with GoL, specially since Lara is so small in the middle of the screen. If it was any other TR game I don't think it would've worket the same way. I wasn't defending GoL because I'm an Apple/iPhone/Crystal/whatever fan, I'm not a fan of any of these actually, it's becase I really believe this version of the game deserves recognition, it really got me addicted when it was released.
Yes, I agree the best games for mobile is the ones like Angry Birds, Tiny Wings or Fruit Ninja, they play perfectly, but I almost never find them funny and get bored real quick (it's funny on the first level but then it's the same thing forever). I do enjoy games like Where's My Water? though, since it's a puzzle and it keeps challenging you untill you finish it.
Zique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-13, 12:54   #22
motoleo
Inactive

Just testing out the streetfighter game, the buttons really are right in front of where the action is happening, not quite like Guardian of light but...

Last edited by motoleo; 27-04-13 at 12:58.
motoleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-13, 02:53   #23
Stevo505

Robot Unicorn Attack 2 is pretty fun. And the controls aren't difficult at all. Just tapping on different sides of the screen.
Stevo505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-13, 03:15   #24
motoleo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo505 View Post
Robot Unicorn Attack 2 is pretty fun. And the controls aren't difficult at all. Just tapping on different sides of the screen.
Omg, I just played that. Clickity clack clickity clack, I love it. But also, there isn't anything else you do besides run endlessly.

Iron Man 3 is kinda difficult, I'm going like 90 MPH!

Last edited by motoleo; 28-04-13 at 03:20.
Old 28-04-13, 03:34   #25
kevindatsun

also try Mirror's Edge for the iphone, old game but still a fun free running action game . .
kevindatsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-13, 04:22   #26
motoleo
Inactive

I doubt they will ever update this game for the iPhone 5, mostly because it is a port.

Last edited by motoleo; 28-04-13 at 20:52.
Old 29-04-13, 06:20   #27
kevindatsun

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoleo View Post
I doubt they will ever update this game for the iPhone 5, mostly because it is a port.
a good port with low resolution textures. .
Old 29-04-13, 17:26   #28
motoleo
Inactive

I just played the PS3 version and it is a much more inviting experience, the golden textures, the sound effects, the music. This is the Tomb Raider I like.
Old 29-04-13, 23:27   #29
kevindatsun

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoleo View Post
I just played the PS3 version and it is a much more inviting experience, the golden textures, the sound effects, the music. This is the Tomb Raider I like.
of course, console versions are always best. . Mobile or smartphone versions of games are always dumbed down for some reason. .
Old 30-04-13, 04:32   #30
motoleo
Inactive

n/a

Last edited by motoleo; 01-05-13 at 16:04.