www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future Tomb Raider Games

View Poll Results: Do you want Lara's uncle Atlas to be the leader of Trinity?
Yes 8 5.97%
No 83 61.94%
It's not ideal but could be worse 14 10.45%
Don't know 5 3.73%
Don't care 24 17.91%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22-07-17, 11:49   #81
Cochrane
Gold Contributor

Do you want to know the answer to your spoiler question, or find out for yourself? Because Blood Ties does answer that.

Trinity as a person would make sense; some sort of immortal being who doesn't like all the other immortal beings so they send our their minions to kill all the other immortals; only they are too slow because Lara always gets there first. Or maybe they just collect immortality sources to stay immortal themselves.

I'd like that, but if I had to wager, I'd bet against CD doing that. My impression is that they're called "Trinity" because the Illuminati are too well known as far as elusive secretive cults that act as antagonists go.
Old 22-07-17, 12:04   #82
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
Oh, they always can re-use Natla, you know.
My body involuntarily flinched at that thought.
Probably also bc I think if they did bring her back they'd make Natla her aunt or sister or something hahaha
Old 22-07-17, 13:04   #83
Wooxman
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochrane View Post
Trinity as a person would make sense; some sort of immortal being who doesn't like all the other immortal beings so they send our their minions to kill all the other immortals; only they are too slow because Lara always gets there first. Or maybe they just collect immortality sources to stay immortal themselves.
That's actually what the Ten Thousand Immortals from the TR novel of the same name are doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
My body involuntarily flinched at that thought.
Probably also bc I think if they did bring her back they'd make Natla her aunt or sister or something hahaha
IMO Natla isn't really suited to be a regular villain/antagonist. Von Croy would be perfect for that role, especially since he's neither pure good nor pure bad, but rather as selfish as classic Lara was. Or Pierre and Larson, they also work good as recurring antagonists.
Old 22-07-17, 21:57   #84
Enigma92
Hobbyist

This talk of Natla returning once again made me instantly think of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o28cGVLKLFw
Enigma92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:32   #85
JoelCaesar
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma92 View Post
This talk of Natla returning once again made me instantly think of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o28cGVLKLFw
I absolutely LOVE that video.
JoelCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:16   #86
RAID
Tomb Raider

No because that would result in more father was right about this and father was right about that... and for my father... Enough with the family drama. I want Lara to play for sports again. THAT simple.
Old Yesterday, 08:42   #87
JACOBryanBURNS
Gold Contributor

I voted a hard "no." And I don't think it's plausible anyway. His motives were always to deter Amelia from even having anything to do with Richard and certainly his work and to publicly castigate or embarrass his work so that Richard feared losing investment in his exploration. He was an acceptable foil for Lara in Blood Ties with the idea that he was the executor of the estate (though I still think this notion that she had no legal claim is legally unsound and would have very much appreciated a motive behind him asking her to vacate the home she grew up in so coldly), but that became rather amicably resolved. He seemed satisfied with the proof of her claim to the home.

As well as Lara going on rather blatantly about how she's no longer interested or motivated by trying to clear her father's name.

Btw, does anybody honesty expect them to satisfy the storyline successfully about Trinity's presence on Yamatai? Consider that this arc's Lara talking to her mother through time about the sword. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by JACOBryanBURNS; Yesterday at 09:20.
JACOBryanBURNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:57   #88
Trenton
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACOBryanBURNS View Post
Btw, does anybody honesty expect them to satisfy the storyline successfully about Tribity's presence on Yamatai?
I think that given what we know about Trinity from ROTTR it does make sense they'd be interested in Yamatai. From a storytelling point of view however their 'presence' on Yamatai does feel a bit retrofitted though. It doesn't ring true.
Imo it would have made more sense if they'd more clearly indicated their existence in the game. Like they could have had one of the Endurance crew be a Trinity infiltrator or something. Basically something that would indicate some organization was monitoring and keeping track of the expedition to find Yamatai. IDK.
Old Yesterday, 10:03   #89
Wooxman
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAID View Post
No because that would result in more father was right about this and father was right about that... and for my father... Enough with the family drama. I want Lara to play for sports again. THAT simple.
"Father was right. Atlas is a real bumhole!" (I wanted to use a funnier insult, but it got censored.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACOBryanBURNS View Post
Btw, does anybody honesty expect them to satisfy the storyline successfully about Trinity's presence on Yamatai? Consider that this arc's Lara talking to her mother through time about the sword. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
At least this time around they didn't end the first game with a cliff hanger. The little mention of the Trinity soldier is rather gimmicky while Lara talking to her mother through a time travel portal was a rather big plotpoint that certainly asked to be resolved. TR2013 on the other hand works on its own while also opening up a lot of new possibilities.