Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 22-11-16, 10:38   #21
Titak

Quote:
- Added option to recalculate bounding box for the current animation in the menu when a moveable is right clicked.
Sounds very good!
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-16, 11:02   #22
Caesum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
Sounds very good!
^ And works fantastic. Now I don't need FexAnim to fix broken LARA collisions.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-16, 19:13   #23
Joey79100

^
As I told you, but I'm telling it again for those who don't know yet: you didn't need FexAnim at all anyway.
This is an interesting addition though! Makes the process even faster.

Just some little things I have to tell you about:
When I select, let's say MOTORBIKE (so it is displayed with Lara too), that I play an animation, and I right click, the program crashes.
Also, it seems the frame interpolation for the second object (in this case, Lara), isn't calculated.

Minor but annoying bug: sometimes, when I right-click to move the camera, the object just seems to be thrown somewhere. I mean, I can't see it anymore. But it doesn't always happen, I don't know when it does exactly.

May I give some suggestions (not requests) or is it just mostly about fixing TRViewer's problems?
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-16, 00:18   #24
sapper

Sure you can give suggestions but I may not be able to implement them.

I'm really not expert in MFC/C++ that TRViewer uses and changes to user interface like the camera would be difficult for me.
sapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-16, 05:41   #25
Joey79100

Well I was about to say that the camera was a pain in the ass to use.

So I'm listing all the things that come in my mind. Don't take them as a request, because I'm literally writing everything that pops up in my head. These are things that I think could be interesting, but not necessary:
  • When double-clicking to reset the camera, it also stops the animation that is playing, which in annoying and useless.
  • Have a grid, ala WadMerger (that you can toggle on/off)
  • Make the list animation a list ala WadMerger (not a dropdown menu, because it's annoying to always open the menu and find an animation. In WadMerger you can just click an animation, hold, and move the mouse up and down to select something else further in the list). Why not make it occupy the whole height of the tab, at the left of the Parameters and Replay zones, so it fills up an unnecessary empty space?
  • The Chain function is actually working, which is great. and really useful. But to be faithful to the engine, there should be no interpolation between the last key of the current animation and the first key of the next animation. The interpolation is only between the frames of an animation.
  • Have a button to restart the chain of animations from the start. Maybe it could replace the Automatic/Manual button that is next to it, and instead, the Automatic/Manual button could be moved into the toolbar, just like the camera is?
  • The framerate is not changeable. Would it be possible to make it changeable, or is it not possible in a .TR4 file?
  • The unknown field
  • Have the Frame and Key sliders above each other, so they can be larger and easier to use.
  • Have an option to limit the interpolation at 30fps, like in the engine. It's pretty and really pleasing to the eye to have them at the max FPS but not the same as the games.
  • Also I don't understand why the interpolation's value is displayed and looks like it can be changed, because it's not actually.
  • Have some more options saved at the exit of TRViewer. The things that are toggled in the toolbar basically.

Oh and some other crashes related to multiple objects in the same scene: if the chain mode is activated, at the end it seems to crash.
And when double-clicking when an animation is selected... it has crashed once or twice, but I'm not able to do it again. It was after viewing several objects though..

Though, these crashes, and the one I've told you before, seem to happen only with my Motorbike in MY custom level, and not with the jeep. With the motorbike she is misplaced too in my level, while with the original bike she's placed correctly. (I can send you my level file if you wish)

A little but with the chain function and multiple objects: if the chain function is activated, it seems to work only for Lara. The vehicle plays its animation in loop mode.

I guess that's all for now.
Old 23-11-16, 06:59   #26
sapper

Quite a list. I'll study later.

Please download new version.

Quote:
TRViewer 1.083 revision 5L readme Nov 2016

- Fixed bug introduced in revision 5k that crashed TRViewer when Recalc bounding box used for moveable that didn't use a second moveable for body meshes.

- Changed Manual Camera to be default instead of auto camera.

- Added warning message if animation imported from 3DS doesn't have keys for all meshes for all keyframes.

Compiled with Visual Studio 2013 CE so MicroSoft's VC++ 2013 redistributable may be needed.

Instructions:

Copy the exe to an existing TRViewer folder.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/g4p164...r1083rev5L.zip

Last edited by sapper; 23-11-16 at 07:01.
sapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-16, 19:01   #27
Joey79100

Thanks for the update!

Oh, one last thing I forgot: it seems TRViewer reads the textures a bit badly. The border pixels seem to be missing, which results in cropped textures and is quite visible.
Actually, TR4's XNA Lara model is based on something exported from TRViewer I think, because it shows the exact same problem... problem which isn't present in WadMerger, nor in the game.

Here's an example with TR4's Lara (I haven't checked with other models, but I think it happens with other versions because XNA Lara model of TR3 Lara is missing a bit of the eyebrow):

(don't mind the "pit" in her hair, it's just a matter of point of view)
Old 29-12-16, 15:36   #28
Dustie

What's the deal with those extra lines of pixels anyway? I swear she has a 1-pixel wide line of navy blue colour going along the sides of her nose in Tomb Raider Chronicles which bugged the hell out of me everytime a cutscene went off. The rest of her model was always correct...

While we're at it, I think the lips also show there's a bit too much of the texture cropped from the sides, as well as her cleavage.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-16, 18:07   #29
tomb2player

Isn't it due to blinear filter? In game there are also one pixel gaps between textures. There is fix for this, I believe in tutorial section.
tomb2player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-16, 19:05   #30
Sardoc

The blue line is because the nose texture is drawn on a patch of blue, from what I remember. This can be fixed quite easily in TR4 and The Times, albeit it's tedious. I'll quite happily do it myself once I sort out some RL stuff. TR5 is a different story, though. Haven't seen any tools for manipulating textures that work with it, I'm afraid.
Sardoc is offline   Reply With Quote