www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old Yesterday, 08:22   #31
Yeauxleaux
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
Some of the grapple jumps can be cumbersome, but I don't understand what is wrong about the adrenaline dodge? It literally works every time for me.
What platform do you play it on? Some might be worse than others.

I haven't played it on PS2 for years, but I seem to remember it being somewhat better on the PS2 than it was on PS3, weirdly you'd think it would be the opposite. It's pretty bad on PS3 for me, it probably only works about 1/3 of the time.
Old Yesterday, 09:35   #32
Avalon SARL
Professor

I am one who prefers TRA over the original.

It had much better puzzles and I enjoyed all the sections except Atlantis Levels; they had some good stuff, but did not have many puzzles like th e previous levels.

It was a shame that they removed the scary elements of Atlantis and redeisgned it.

I was expecting more from a studio that made that bloody, scary Soul Reaver; I was hoping for some of that in LAU
Old Yesterday, 12:14   #33
tomee
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
What platform do you play it on? Some might be worse than others.

I haven't played it on PS2 for years, but I seem to remember it being somewhat better on the PS2 than it was on PS3, weirdly you'd think it would be the opposite. It's pretty bad on PS3 for me, it probably only works about 1/3 of the time.
Oh, well I play on PCmasterrace so I wouldn't know. I just need to be patient and press roll using the cue, then shoot at the right moment. Once I got the hang of it, it was pretty easy afterwards and almost never failed.

Also this is a general tip: use rolls all the time instead of jumps while fighting enemies. The animations are faster and cover more distance making Lara more likely to move out of harm's way. This is referring to enemies who aren't enraged yet, of course.
Old Yesterday, 20:27   #34
Lara_Fan1
Tomb Raider

I wouldn't say it's the worst game in the franchise (That award goes to Tomb Raider 2) I will admit it's up there in the ranks. I like the game for the nostalgia effect and to see the difference between the original and remake of certain area's.
Old Yesterday, 20:30   #35
Caesum
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy View Post
Same, Iíve never had a problem with it either.
Same. Played it on PC and absolutely loved the adrenalina dodge. It was garbage in TRU though (was it even working?).
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 20:44   #36
Fantasy
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
Same. Played it on PC and absolutely loved the adrenalina dodge. It was garbage in TRU though (was it even working?).
The combat in Underworld was atrocious and take away the fun from Legend and Anniversary
Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote