Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Legend

Old 20-10-18, 19:14   #31
GabrielCroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmier View Post
Count me in as a TRL fan. I love LAU so I always enjoy replaying them. Even though it was short, it had a smooth pace. It felt like everything blended together. Itching to play it again after I finish Shadow again.

My favorite levels have to be actually all of them aha But I’d have to say Nepal and Japan are my favorite due to their incredible songs. Croft Manor was awesome as well. The riddke for the gold reward was pretty neat. Legend is my most played TR game but it’ll never top my love for TRA. Had a lot of fond memories with that one.
I love TRA also ♥
So hard to choose a favorite level, right?
What a great era. If only TR could be like this again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
I saw it in this video about Legend’s beta: https://youtu.be/OJB3tHxXew0

Quite an interesting and well done video, especially if you’re a big Legend fan like some of us.
Thank you! I'm totally going to watch this.
GabrielCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-18, 07:09   #32
Maverin

Quote:
I saw it in this video about Legend’s beta: https://youtu.be/OJB3tHxXew0

Quite an interesting and well done video, especially if you’re a big Legend fan like some of us.
I'm really glad with how the final product turned out to be. The beta animations look stiff as hell and it just doesn't impress like golden Legend does. But that's the whole point of a beta I guess

Loved watching this guy's video's by the way. He did this for every Tomb Raider and it's really nice to see those rare pieces of information combined in one video.
Maverin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-18, 17:28   #33
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverin View Post
I'm really glad with how the final product turned out to be. The beta animations look stiff as hell and it just doesn't impress like golden Legend does. But that's the whole point of a beta I guess

Loved watching this guy's video's by the way. He did this for every Tomb Raider and it's really nice to see those rare pieces of information combined in one video.
Yeah, I definitely wouldn’t have exchanged the beta’s stiffness with the final game’s fluidity. But there are things that I honestly wish were kept, like Lara’s bets hair and braid, the deleted rainforest level, and maybe some of the gear.

Still, I love the final game to bits, so I’m not complaining.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-18, 15:35   #34
Patrick star

I would give ANYTHING to play the late alpha/early beta versions of Legend and TR2013 in particular
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-18, 04:11   #35
RodneyMac12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
I would give ANYTHING to play the late alpha/early beta versions of Legend and TR2013 in particular
Right, and it appeared that Lara was gonna have some killer finisher moves at some point! 2013 Surely visibly changed a lot. Even the 2011 version is very different than the final.
RodneyMac12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-18, 16:43   #36
LaraCablara

I remember loving Legend, then joining these forums and deciding that I now hate Legend because I was 13 and going with the crowd . But it was never true, I loved this game and still love it. It did not have much of what I loved from the classic games but it was really fun at the time and still holds up well today.
LaraCablara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-18, 08:00   #37
Caesum

Truth to be told I find Legend to be he most exciting of the trilogy. It has all that's needed for a nice action-adventure game, but with tombs. It is definitely more dynamic and varied than any other game in the series. If only there was no mommy/daddy plot, it would have been a really worthy continuation of TR series.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-18, 21:03   #38
PaNtHERA

I was 15. After AoD, I was looking foward to AoD2 and some levels in Turkey. Places like Cappodocia or Mardin would be great. But unfortunately project canceled. It was a big disappointment for me. Then it was announced that Cyrstal Dynamics was going to be developer. I remember I was visiting the tombraider.com site almost every day. First trailers, pre-reviews for game was so good. That made me more unpatient. I still remember the day I played the game for the first time .

What I liked about Legend: Controls. Game had very easy, fluent system. I wish that AoD would have a gameplay like Legend's. Running jumping freely was great. Also Japan level was my favorite one because of the very well desinged platforms. Watching Tokyo from top of the skyscraper were really enjoyable. I don't know how much I played that level. I liked all places, color palette, Croft manor, Lara's friendship with other characters. Keeley Hawes performance was one of the best thing in the game. Lara's sarcastic funny dialogs was nice. Another thing I liked about Legend was offical model Karima Adebibe. Her cute face is still describtion of beauty for me.

What I dislike about Legend: Her outfits. They were all too fancy for sophist adventurer. Just liked her leather jacket but it would be better if she wear basic tank top under it. Her dress was a tragedy. In my opinion the body model of Lara and her attitude was annoying. She was walking like supermodels on podium. She was posing in all cut-scenes. She wasn't looking like classy british lady.

Game was a bit short. One of my funny moment about game I didn't realize I finished it. It had written that I compleyed %70 of game. When I was fighting with Amanda I was talking in my head "Oh it's like a final boss fight but it's not.Then game was finised, I shocked. The best part of the game was last video. When Lara said "From this moment your every breath is a gift from me" My God! It was way cool!

So Legend had a bittersweet taste for me. I loved the game but I would prefer go with Core Desing and AoD 2. And Lara Croft has been my role model since I was child. But Legend Lara was not someone totally what I wanted to be like.
PaNtHERA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-18, 03:51   #39
GabrielCroft

Quote:
Yeah, I definitely wouldn’t have exchanged the beta’s stiffness with the final game’s fluidity. But there are things that I honestly wish were kept, like Lara’s bets hair and braid, the deleted rainforest level, and maybe some of the gear.

Still, I love the final game to bits, so I’m not complaining.
The final animations and controls are way more polished and better, sure. But yeah, I would love to see Lara with a braid and the rainforest level.
GabrielCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-18, 04:14   #40
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielCroft View Post
The final animations and controls are way more polished and better, sure. But yeah, I would love to see Lara with a braid and the rainforest level.
Wait, my bad, I had a typo. I meant to say “I wouldn’t have exchanged the final game’s fluidity with the beta’s stiffness”. I always hated how slow Lara moved in the beta.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote