Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 17-02-15, 02:47   #281
voltz

Packers just cut Brandon Bostick.

Now I'm feeling sorry for the guy because he's going to be more known as the player who cost our chance for the superbowl rather then a guy who played special teams with Green Bay for 3 years. I wouldn't be surprised if his firing is related to his error, but I've re-watched the play and concluded he had no reaction time other then to make that catch attempt.

Last edited by voltz; 17-02-15 at 02:52.
voltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-15, 12:52   #282
Dennis's Mom

No, his job was to block. They practice this, and they have assignments. Like the defensive back who only sees the a potential touchdown and tries to pick up a fumble rather than falling on it to secure possession, he saw that ball coming and forgot he wasn't supposed to catch it.

The Packers shouldn't have needed an onside kick to begin with, so it's sad he's become a scapegoat for a collapse that shouldn't have happened.
Dennis's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-15, 18:02   #283
interstellardave

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltz View Post
Packers just cut Brandon Bostick.

Now I'm feeling sorry for the guy because he's going to be more known as the player who cost our chance for the superbowl rather then a guy who played special teams with Green Bay for 3 years. I wouldn't be surprised if his firing is related to his error, but I've re-watched the play and concluded he had no reaction time other then to make that catch attempt.
He had no time to do anything else because he stood in place... that was his first mistake. He should have been moving forward to block someone like everyone else on the line did. Still it's doubtful they dropped him just for that. Perhaps mental lapses like that were more common than we know? Another reason is that they can't blame him for that whole collapse. A lot of things went wrong that shouldn't have... any one of which could have changed the outcome.
interstellardave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-15, 14:33   #284
voltz

I just found out Lynch applied for a trademark to his "I'm just here so I won't get fined" comment.

This guy.... *Starts laughing historically.
Old 24-02-15, 14:39   #285
knightgames

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltz View Post
I just found out Lynch applied for a trademark to his "I'm just here so I won't get fined" comment.

This guy.... *Starts laughing historically.
I saw him in an interview one time and he looked like a deer in headlights - TERRIFIED! I felt awful for the man. Now after all his crotch grabbing, making fun of the media by being a butthead, and this self aggrandizement, I really don't care for the man. I used to think his actions were a coping mechanism to battle his anxiety. Now I just think it's a way to draw attention to himself.
knightgames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-15, 05:27   #286
knightgames

WELL!!!! It's been a while since our last visit on the gridiron. Preseason is a week away. Teams have been practicing the last ten days. I'm getting excited. Rex Ryan is in New York... BUFFALO New York. Tim Tebow in in Philly. Tight End Jimmy Graham is in Seattle. Tom Brady is in court and Goodell will shortly be in a dunce cap.

Any thoughts on your team? Any changes you're team made that makes you excited... afraid?

I think the Pats receivers made great strides though the year and if Amendola can be what fans hope he is, I think the receiver corps could be formidable. Not sure yet if getting rid of Shane Vareen and Scott Ridley were good ideas. We'll see.

Defensively I think the front line will improve, hold their own while applying pressure to opposing offenses and if the linebackers ever get back to full health there should be no issue there. It's the DBs that have me concerned. Losing Reevis could be bigger than we imagine. Hopefully the hole will be filled adequately.

My prediction? Brady plays all 16 games. The Pats win 11 or 12 and easily make the playoffs. Jimmy Graham will easily be a game changer for the Seahawks though I secretly wish the Rams would knock them off their perch.
knightgames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-15, 07:50   #287
voltz

I know I'm not going to be serving at family night due to work this year.
Old 07-08-15, 09:29   #288
patriots88888

2014 is so last year. Someone needs to give this topic its rightly deserving 2015 version. And no, that someone isn't going to be me.

Maybe I just need a few weeks of meaningful games to get back into the swing of things... because after this past off-season and all the crapola that came with it, I can't pretend that I'm all that excited for the upcoming season.
patriots88888 is offline   Reply With Quote