Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Fan and Community Showcase

Old 27-05-18, 03:24   #11
Guuims
Inactive

Yo, when you try to join all the timelines like that, Lara's life is just a series of tragedies.
Guuims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-18, 15:04   #12
Lara Coft Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guuims View Post
Yo, when you try to join all the timelines like that, Lara's life is just a series of tragedies.
Exactly that's my whole point, perhaps Lara's constant need for adventure is to not only find out the truth behind her parents death, but to escape the trauma she's faced.

Btw I haven't been working on it much the last few days I've been soo busy with work. I am gonna try and write more entries soon. But I did post a couple of them above. Let me know what y'all think of them so far.
Lara Coft Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-18, 17:43   #13
ancientIo

soo about young Lara...she straight up says she wants go on expeditions. Which I have doubts about. Yes, Lara was always different, she was athletic from a young age, a thrill seeker etcetera etcetera. BUT, even with a natural procilivity for certain related activities she won't exactly know how that relates to expeditions or something more cutthroat and shady like tomb raiding. As a little girl, she can have certain inborn tendencies but she won't exactly know what that means or who she is and as the daughter of aristocratic parents she's probably really sheltered.

People like to think that Lara as a kid would be totally into archeology and super badass out the womb, but IMO the only traces of the Lara we all know and love is going to be a sort of playful ruggedness, maybe an affinity for puzzles and mazes and-of course she'd be precociously refined but still innocent. In a way it's more compelling to have her be almost normal starting out cause it's creates a sense of progression.

Second, I get that you're trying to fuse the universes. Instead of Lara choosing to go to Gordonstoun, why don't you have her go to University early to study archeology or anthropology? It gives her more tomb raider- related skills and shows early interest at a time when she's getting to know who she is.

But anyway, it's your baby not mine - I wish you the best, it's an interesting project, I would love to help.
ancientIo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-18, 05:24   #14
jackali
Golden

Why wouldn't young Lara want to go on expeditions?

If we consider the Core timeline, she was getting into trouble in Ireland at a young age, and went on an expedition with Von Croy to Cambodia at 16. There are probably other things about which we don't know.

If we consider the LAU timeline, she was going on expeditions with her father after the disappearance of her mother.

Not sure about TReboot's timeline as they haven't covered too much of that, but she must have had more than a passing interest in her father's work.
jackali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-18, 11:05   #15
ancientIo

the young lara i was referring to was 8 years old, and Classic Lara took a particular interest in expeditions in her teens. A teenager has a better idea of what an "expedition" means than a little kid. But admittedly, it depends on how sheltered she is. I think Classic Lara was the most sheltered and reboot Lara was the one going on expeditions with dad and finding treasures at 5 years old (her necklace). I asumed she was the former.

"Trouble" for a little 8 year old girl could be anything, especially if she's raised in high society. Arguing about clothes, being a little rude, climbing a fence when she's not supposed to, ruining her hair rolling around in the mud, breaking something she was trying to "fix" It's really a matter of deciding what kind of trouble fits Lara Croft.
ancientIo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-18, 20:42   #16
Lara Coft Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientIo View Post
soo about young Lara...she straight up says she wants go on expeditions. Which I have doubts about. Yes, Lara was always different, she was athletic from a young age, a thrill seeker etcetera etcetera. BUT, even with a natural procilivity for certain related activities she won't exactly know how that relates to expeditions or something more cutthroat and shady like tomb raiding. As a little girl, she can have certain inborn tendencies but she won't exactly know what that means or who she is and as the daughter of aristocratic parents she's probably really sheltered.

People like to think that Lara as a kid would be totally into archeology and super badass out the womb, but IMO the only traces of the Lara we all know and love is going to be a sort of playful ruggedness, maybe an affinity for puzzles and mazes and-of course she'd be precociously refined but still innocent. In a way it's more compelling to have her be almost normal starting out cause it's creates a sense of progression.

Second, I get that you're trying to fuse the universes. Instead of Lara choosing to go to Gordonstoun, why don't you have her go to University early to study archeology or anthropology? It gives her more tomb raider- related skills and shows early interest at a time when she's getting to know who she is.

But anyway, it's your baby not mine - I wish you the best, it's an interesting project, I would love to help.
I do like your ideas, I might consider modifying my idea.

Maybe though she wants to go on expeditions for the fun of solving puzzles? And perhaps shes just a daddys girl and wants to spend time with him. That's why she takes an interest in his work.

As I've mentioned in my original post I am looking for some writers, so if any one wants to help me write some entries feel free to PM me.
Old 05-06-18, 20:58   #17
Lara Coft Baby

Sorry to double post but I managed to get a couple more entries done. I am having some issues coming up with ideas for entries after the plane crash. Like what should Lara write while she is trapped in the mountains of the Himalayas?

First entries

Quote:
Himalaya’s Trip – Day 7

I have been having too much fun on this trip! I am grateful father talked me into this trip. I wish we could stay longer but school starts up again soon. Mother says we must leave first thing in the mornin

Quote:
Plane
We are having some turbulence, mum tells me its normal. Planes very rarely crash. My stomach is in knots…

The storm outside appears to be getting worse. It feels like we’ve been flying forever!

On this one I hope to recreate the yeti drawing Lara did in the scene from Legend. If anyone wants to help me with that let me know.

Quote:
I’ve been drawing to pass the time, I read about yeti’s in a book back home. Mum says they don’t exist. But just because no one has ever caught one does not mean they aren’t real.

Mum called them fierce looking, but I think it’s just because they are cold. I wouldn’t like to be cold all the time either.