Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 21-04-18, 03:43   #111
zenazic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRExpertgamer View Post
ok so do you know which Tomb Raider game app should I use to launch into the early version of Tomb Raider 3? and also can you please guide me how I can compile it so I can finally launch the game?
You would need to have an older version of Microsoft Visual Studio (6.0), with the DirectX (6) SDK and an understanding of C++ programming, because my understanding is that the source code that was released needs changes in order for it to compile with no errors (specially in newer versions of Visual Studio).

It's also not worth it, because the behavior of the engine is nearly identical to the final build and it comes with no level files for the Windows version (so you'd have to use your own from the retail version, meaning no level changes).
zenazic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-18, 03:48   #112
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenazic View Post
You would need to have an older version of Microsoft Visual Studio (6.0), with the DirectX (6) SDK and an understanding of C++ programming, because my understanding is that the source code that was released needs changes in order for it to compile with no errors (specially in newer versions of Visual Studio).

It's also not worth it, because the behavior of the engine is nearly identical to the final build and it comes with no level files for the Windows version (so you'd have to use your own from the retail version, meaning no level changes).
understood.
TRExpertgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-18, 05:47   #113
ggctuk

The big thing with this code is that it can - and has - been used as a great resource for porting enemies to TRNG (there are a few problems that need fixing though before all the enemies work). It might also help with those 'clone engines'.
ggctuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-18, 15:11   #114
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

So now I finally understand after all this time from E3 1998 they hid the original source code for Tomb Raider 3. Is that it? and also not only that, I now finally improvise hard enough for what they were trying to do with the original source code. That figures why that Lara wasn't even able to use that blue boat in the latest source code in the final version of the game as it showed you earlier on the original source code version of Tomb Raider 3. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
TRExpertgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-18, 06:23   #115
Tgames

Default Tomb Raider II/III Multiplayer MOD

Hi

I'm working on a Multiplayer Mod (inspired by Tomb Raider Mod Launcher from jack9267, but coded from scratch) for Tomb Raider II and Tomb Raider III.

Here is the prototype of my project in video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqoIQOSNriA

and a picture of it :

It will helps me a lot in my work if i can get the source code of TR2/TR3, in order to undestand better how the game works.

Can someone get it for me (PM message) ? You will help a fan project and make the Multiplayer on TR2/TR3 possible .

Thanks a lot, also if anyone want to test my Multiplayer Mod contact me.

Best Regards.

Last edited by Tgames; 29-08-18 at 06:27.
Tgames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-18, 06:31   #116
VictorXD

Oooh how nice! Sounds very interesting and I hope you can get it to work I'd offer help to test it but I'm not sure I can be of much use because

- I still use windows Vista (yeah I know lol) so I don't know how friendly it would be with whatever method your using for MP
- Not sure if I'll have the free to commit properly to it.

Anyways, best of luck
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-18, 12:09   #117
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgames View Post
Hi, I'm working on a Multiplayer Mod (inspired by Tomb Raider Mod Launcher from jack9267, but coded from scratch) for Tomb Raider II and Tomb Raider III.
Hello Tgames and welcome to the Forum

This is a new concept for classic Tomb raider being multi-player.

Is the idea that there will be around five Lara Crofts (players) fighting the rather restricted amount of baddies in game? (the TR2 and TR3 game engine restricts the number of baddies to five baddies plus Lara in one area, or part of the baddies bodies start disappearing due to the limitations of the game engine )

Or will the players be a baddy instead, and fighting Lara Croft, again a limitation to the amount of baddies due to the game engine?

Or do we just fight each other as different characters, I could be Winston the butler, battering everyone with the tea tray

Sounds very interesting though

I would like to test this multi-player mod, thanks , sent you a PM (private message), Cheers Chi

Last edited by The Great Chi; 29-08-18 at 12:16.
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-18, 15:00   #118
Alex Fly
Inactive

Thumbs up

Good continuation with your project Tgames. It seems really promising!
Alex Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-18, 07:39   #119
Tgames

Thanks for your messages.

Here a little version where i am.

I can spawn a 2nd Lara on each Levels and the 2nd Player (need to be on the same network like Hamachi) control her.

A little video :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm2_7xbPYcM

I will post soon a real gameplay of two players playing the game from beginning to end in multiplayer.

Technically we can play any loaded characters into the levels.
You can play a bad guy or Lara Croft.

For the moment it will be a 2 players coop mod with 2 PC (on same network = hamachi)

Later i will add a deathmatch mode (each players can control a enemy).

Last edited by Tgames; 31-08-18 at 07:52.
Tgames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-18, 08:36   #120
SarahPilko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgames View Post
Thanks for your messages.

Here a little version where i am.

I can spawn a 2nd Lara on each Levels and the 2nd Player (need to be on the same network like Hamachi) control her.

A little video :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm2_7xbPYcM

I will post soon a real gameplay of two players playing the game from beginning to end in multiplayer.

Technically we can play any loaded characters into the levels.
You can play a bad guy or Lara Croft.

For the moment it will be a 2 players coop mod with 2 PC (on same network = hamachi)

Later i will add a deathmatch mode (each players can control a enemy).
This looks awesome and promising! I've always wanted to play TR 1-3 co-op.
SarahPilko is offline   Reply With Quote