Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation

Old 05-04-18, 07:18   #381
LGG_PRODUCTION

I would like to have a flipeffect/action trigger that changes the gravity. These triggers should affect Lara's jumping and falling features, for example if the trigger makes the gravity lower Lara will jump higher and she will fall slower.
The trigger maybe should modify also Lara's hair and the waterdrops

Another feature could be a trigger for the zero gravity mode (swimming mode, but without water, bubbles, waterdrops, etc..)
LGG_PRODUCTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-18, 15:53   #382
AkyV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
Unstretch the text in menus and inventory when in widescreen
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLostSecret View Post
Hello guys .

Maybe adding some rolling animations when you press the ROLL key repeatedly ( something like Tomb Raider Anniversary™ )
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_De View Post
I'd like to have a possibility to store game config in tomb4 directory instead of windows registry.
All are added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGG_PRODUCTION View Post
I would like to have a flipeffect/action trigger that changes the gravity. These triggers should affect Lara's jumping and falling features, for example if the trigger makes the gravity lower Lara will jump higher and she will fall slower.
The trigger maybe should modify also Lara's hair and the waterdrops

Another feature could be a trigger for the zero gravity mode (swimming mode, but without water, bubbles, waterdrops, etc..)
Also added, but a note for this:
Now already you have some triggers (perhaps with variables, perhaps directly) to modify things like Lara's reaction to jump etc. See eg. PARAM_MOVE_ITEM, or Lara-Physics flipeffects etc.
AkyV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-18, 06:04   #383
LGG_PRODUCTION

Hi
Is there a way to add the upper part to the crane?
In TR5 the crane is composed of the mechanical arm and an upper part, a sort of base that follows the arm, but it doesn't go up and down.
Old 12-04-18, 06:33   #384
Joey79100

In TRNG you can use a workaround using scripts to automatically copy the X/Y coordinates from the crane to your base object.

Basically, you have to:
  • select the crane as Selected Item with the action trigger (don't remember its number)
  • then copy its X and Y coordinates to variables (the trigger copies one coordinate of Selected Item to the variable you choose, so you have one trigger per coordinate)
  • then select your base object as Selected Item
  • and "paste" these coordinates from the variables (the trigger copies one coordinate from the variable you choose to Selected Item, so you one trigger per coordinate as well)
Just put all these triggers in this order in a TriggerGroup, and use a GlobalTrigger to execute this TriggerGroup continuously (or you can enable this GT as you trigger the crane if you prefer), and you're done.

EDIT: Oh by the way if you have questions about this, better ask in the open chat or in a new thread, it would be more suited than continuing here.

Last edited by Joey79100; 12-04-18 at 06:39.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-18, 07:31   #385
LGG_PRODUCTION

Thank you
Old 08-07-18, 15:41   #386
Joey79100

There is something I've been thinking about regarding ambiance tracks.

Well, first, having more channels, at least one or even two, would be great (let's say we could use them for ambiance, music, voice, additional sound effects).

Second, a whole system for ambiance tracks.

At first, I was thinking something like this:
Quote:
AmbianceTracks= UnderwaterTrackID, InsideTrackID, OutsideTrackID, ChannelID

I think it's pretty self-explanatory. For example we could have something like that:
AmbianceTracks= 102, 107, 110, 1
This would replace the whole setup of situation 3 of this tutorial (and has to work according to the camera's position by the way). Just putting this in the level would automatically change the background track according to the values we've put.

------------------------------------------

Then I thought about it more, and wondered "What if we want to change ambiance tracks during the level?"
And I just thought about a little addition:

Quote:
DefaultAmbianceTracksSet= SetID, ChannelID // defines which AmbianceTracksSet to use at level start and which channel to define as the ambiance tracks channel
AmbianceTracksSet= SetID, UnderwaterTrackID, InsideTrackID, OutsideTrackID

For example:
DefaultAmbianceTracksSet= 1, 1
AmbianceTracksSet= 1, 102, 107, 110
AmbianceTracksSet= 2, 102, 108, 110
AmbianceTracksSet= 3, 109, 107, 115
Then we would have triggers to change anytime we want:
Quote:
Audio. Set <&> Ambiance Tracks Set for current level in (E) way.
<&> : ID of the Ambiance Tracks Set
(E) : Two options here:
  • Immediatly (stops the current track and starts playing the new track)
  • Delayed (doesn't stop the current track, but next time the camera changes situation, the new tracks will start playing)
We may also need another trigger for situations where we manually trigger a track on the ambiance channel (because it may leave the channel muted after the track has finished playing).

Quote:
Audio. Restore playback of ambiance tracks on the ambiance tracks channel.
I think that could be quite useful, flexible, and would avoid wasting variables.
Old 09-07-18, 06:48   #387
AkyV

Both (new channels+ambience system) have been added.

-------------
A little sidenote:
You will never have Script commands like AmbianceTracks(Set). I mean the only Script command that a plugin maker who is not Paolone can create is Customize or Parameters.
So all you can count on is some kind of Customize = CUST_AMBIENCE_TRACK or Parameters = PARAM_AMBIENCE_TRACK.

Anyway, as for me, personally I highly prefer Parameters instead of Customize.
I mean, Customize works only when a level starts, adjusting the same values for the whole level, but Parameters, using triggers, can have different values for the same level, activating them any time during the level - even when the level starts, using eg. a trigger placed under Lara object.
So far I have used several Parameters, but only one Customize -when the feature was a priori for a level start: the weapon instead of pistols to start the game.
Old 13-07-18, 18:18   #388
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkyV View Post
Oh, you made me very curious about this now!
Sounds great!
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-18, 07:45   #389
Joey79100

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkyV View Post
What, that was so fast? That's great, thank you AkyV!
Just curious, is it using the camera's position instead of Lara's position?

And about script commands, I didn't know exactly what was possible, thanks for the info! It sounds like Customize for the first solution and Customize + Parameters for the second one would work in the same fashion I had imagined (Customize for DefaultAmbianceTracksSet as it would be the setting at level start).
Old 14-07-18, 09:47   #390
AkyV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
What, that was so fast? That's great, thank you AkyV!
Added to the list of requests. (Anyway, later perhaps I will probably really try it. It doesn't seem so hard. Camera position instead of Lara seems a good idea, I should ponder about it.)

Quote:
And about script commands
No. This kind of redundancy is unnecessary. Simply only a Parameters, then, if you need to change it at the level start, you will call it with a trigger under Lara object.