Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 18-11-17, 00:11   #21
Lara Croft!

It was a very fun movie to watch. The directing was excellent and so was the music and sound effects.
Lara Croft! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-17, 15:12   #22
James_Rutland

The soundtrack was amazing, especially in the scenes where they are swimming in the lake, and the Blood Oath at the end. That should be the soundtrack that plays when they all meet up in the restaurant in Chapter Two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggctuk View Post
As I was the last one to post, and I got told off for bumping previously, I didn't want to break the rules.

I loved it, I actually saw it twice. As I thought, I wasn't that scared by it. I feel Pennywise here is a lot more faithful to the book, though I still like Tim Curry's version for its goofiness. I also loved how they changed some of the scares to be more relevant to the time period (as the book is set in the 50s at the start and monster movies were supposed to be all the rage, so this influenced It's forms in the book). The Georgie one was chilling, but I have to say, the Flute Woman was definitely the most creepy form that It took in the film.

I look forward to the next film, when it comes out. It's supposed to ramp it up as far as scares go. We shall see.

I also read that the sequel will be a bit more scary, I can imagine that being the case considering the first movie / child section of the novel use childhood scares. I just hope they don't screw up the final confrontation. In the 1990 version it was dreadful...
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-18, 10:22   #23
James_Rutland

BUMP as there's news of the sequel...

How does everyone feel about Jessica Chastain being cast? It's pretty much almost confirmed now.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...-beverly-marsh

Also, the movie is shooting this June.

https://screenrant.com/it-chapter-2-filming-start-date/
Old 25-02-18, 11:04   #24
Dustie

TBH when I was watching Sophia Lillis I couldn't help but think I'm watching another Olsen sibling or Amy Adam's much younger sister or daughter. So I would go with Elizabeth Olsen or Amy Adams, but seeing Jessica Chastain in a horror film might still be a treat.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-18, 14:47   #25
James_Rutland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
TBH when I was watching Sophia Lillis I couldn't help but think I'm watching another Olsen sibling or Amy Adam's much younger sister or daughter. So I would go with Elizabeth Olsen or Amy Adams, but seeing Jessica Chastain in a horror film might still be a treat.
If Elizabeth Olsen was 10 years older she'd be perfect, I agree! And Amy Adams too but she's too much of an obvious choice IMO. So was Chastain, but she's friends with the director after all. She is a good choice though IMO.

Fingers crossed the rest of the cast are good choices.
Old 26-02-18, 00:46   #26
Tonyrobinson

I personally think Chastain and Adams both come off as bland on screen they've had a lot of hits but mostly their acting has appeared lifeless and boring to me in the majority of the films they've been in. I would have honestly preferred Bryce Dallas Howard she looks a lot like the actress who played young Beverly aswell and her performance in Black Mirror sold me on her acting being able to be quirky, fun and incredibly serious when the role required her to be.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 26-02-18 at 00:49.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-18, 09:10   #27
James_Rutland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
I personally think Chastain and Adams both come off as bland on screen they've had a lot of hits but mostly their acting has appeared lifeless and boring to me in the majority of the films they've been in. I would have honestly preferred Bryce Dallas Howard she looks a lot like the actress who played young Beverly aswell and her performance in Black Mirror sold me on her acting being able to be quirky, fun and incredibly serious when the role required her to be.
I LOVE Bryce Dallas Howard. Actually, in the final act of the novel I was imagining her as she looks in the newest Jurassic Park novel with the ponytail. I would have maybe had her play Beverly and have Jessica Chastain play Audra, Bill Denbroughs future wife.
Old 27-02-18, 10:44   #28
Tonyrobinson

That would be a nice way to go especially because they look so alike too would be a nice way to mirror how Bill always had a thing for her all those years.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-18, 18:29   #29
TheShadowOfMe

Sorry for bringing this up, but the 2017 movie isn't scary. Like, I found it boring TBH and while watching, just wanted it to end.

IDK, I guess I expected more. Everyone hyped it up and said that it's a really scary movie, but I can't really understand what is so scary about it. CGI is poor, no 'jumpy' scenes, ending was also bad.

So, for me, this movie is 4/10. Sorry not sorry.
TheShadowOfMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-18, 19:02   #30
ggctuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadowOfMe View Post
Sorry for bringing this up, but the 2017 movie isn't scary. Like, I found it boring TBH and while watching, just wanted it to end.

IDK, I guess I expected more. Everyone hyped it up and said that it's a really scary movie, but I can't really understand what is so scary about it. CGI is poor, no 'jumpy' scenes, ending was also bad.

So, for me, this movie is 4/10. Sorry not sorry.
Seems to be a pattern with most films being hyped to heck and certain people inevitably end up disappointed as a result. I loved it but in no way did I find it scary. However I think it is very faithful to the spirit of the book.
ggctuk is offline   Reply With Quote