Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 12-10-17, 21:54   #11
Yeauxleaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickybyrne20 View Post
She needs to brush her eyebrows.
Lol don't diss her eyebrows :P There's some girls walking around with theirs shaved off and drawn back on haha, hers are fine
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-17, 21:58   #12
Kapu

Crazy impressive amount of detail. It's remarkable how photo realistic computer graphics can be. But I would agree with Lord Lulu -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lulu View Post
The picture looks nice. But I'm tired of this push for hyper realistic graphics.
RoTR is a great looking game, but I felt the graphics were inconsistent. At times it was dazzling, but in other instances the graphics fell flat. In particular, the difference between gameplay and cutscenes was kind of jarring. Cutscenes crazy detailed, perfectly lit - actual gameplay lacking that supreme beauty. I understand that the gamplay can't look as good, but I shouldn't have been able to see it so easily.

I would like to see TR take on a more artistic approach. Realism and art style can play nicely. Maybe this isn't the best example, but it's the first thing that comes to mind. TR Legend, from a technical standpoint, is a more realistic looking game than Angel of Darkness. In particular, textures are much more detailed in TRL than AOD, and yet - AOD has a particular art style that Legend doesn't, and at certain times I feel that AOD is better looking than Legend. It shouldn't be, but it is. The Tomb of Ancients is a really beautiful level, and very realistic for PS2 era graphics. I can't immediately think of a level or scene in TRL that can rival it. You could almost say AOD was sculpted, and TRL was just built.

Last edited by Kapu; 12-10-17 at 22:00.
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-17, 22:05   #13
paulojr_mam

Well, art ist more important than graphics and a game with good art will look better than a game with good graphics. So I prefer to push for better art than better graphics. And also, why the push is always to use better tools for better graphics, instead of performance, AI and things like that, things that actually impact gameplay? I think some games could use with sacrificing a bit of graphic fidelity in favor of other things.
paulojr_mam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-17, 23:13   #14
JuditePrince12

I'm extremely excited to see how the graphics will update in the game. I think the remasters and re-releases of ROTTR are little teases of what will be apart of the next game fully when it first releases. I feel like they have even more tricks up their sleeves.
JuditePrince12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-17, 23:28   #15
Nigel Cassidy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lulu View Post
The picture looks nice. But I'm tired of this push for hyper realistic graphics.
Yes... well, it's not so much that I tire of looking at pretty graphics, it's just that I think it's no good that with these ever more advanced graphics the production costs are likewise rising. Which means that videogames become more expensive, publishers are less willing to take risks, and the games become more safe and generic with less and less creativity. And maybe there will be even exclusivity deals... If I had my way the development of better graphics would have stopped at the PS3/XB 360 level.
Nigel Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-17, 09:12   #16
AshesBorn

You need to bear in mind that there's a difference between rendering an extremely detailed face on its own and rendering it within an environment that includes a bunch of geometry, particle effects, physics, water, etc. The game would probably chug like crazy.

Also, I'm not a fan of hyper realistic characters anyway. I'm happy with Lara's current model.
AshesBorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-17, 09:30   #17
ThatSassyKid

I personally think she looks horrible. I'm glad that Lara doesn't look anything like that. shiver
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-17, 09:42   #18
Melonie Tomb Raider
Golden

The style looks good, but her actual face looks nothing like Lara.
Melonie Tomb Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-17, 10:20   #19
jajay119

At this point I want them to focus more on making Lara look like Lara and less like Camilla.

To me This is when CD hit the nail on the head for realism and having Lara look like herself. Shame it never transitioned into the game.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-17, 10:29   #20
Patrick star

^I daresay this is the best Lara Croft herself has ever looked , it's simply perfect (and one of the most prominent reasons why I want Brian Horton back) . And as much as I adore the Rise model , this one tops it in all ease . Honestly , with a few slight tweaks and adjustments here and there on the current Rise model she can definitely look a lot closer to Lara in this render than to Camilla without breaking consistency and looking like she'd put on a new face (CD's habit with each new game) .

And don't get me wrong , Camilla has a very beautiful face , but like you said , it's better for Lara to have her own face .
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote