Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 17-11-17, 22:47   #11
Zebra

^True enough. It's still a good idea to learn the basics on something that's maybe not one's big dream project. Basically, you should be prepared for your first learning project maybe not turning out the way you may have hoped so it should ideally be something that you're passionate enough about to keep you motivated but not so passionate that it's a huge deal for you emotionally if things go south.
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-17, 22:55   #12
Zreen001

GameForge (or GameForge Studios)

Cuz... it's a forge... that forges games...

Mascot/icon would be a fox teamed with a sloth back to back.
Why?
Let me tell you...
I don't know.
Something about being deliberate yet wily yet predictable yet unpredictable.
Maybe.
Zreen001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-17, 23:15   #13
dinne

*deleted*

Last edited by dinne; 05-08-20 at 13:17.
dinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-17, 23:35   #14
HD Simplicityy

This is diverging from my topic at hand, but thats fine.

I might have said this when I first posted the thread. My original major when I started college in 2011 was Computer Science. I wanted to be a game programmer. But, with me not studying well, barely passing Calculus courses (twice took Calc 2 and failed 3), having garbage CS instructors at the community college I attended for over four and a half years. I tried....and tried...and tried. Combined with family issues - namely my parents' marriage disintegrating, divorcing three years ago - and stresses compiling (yes...coding pun) all that, I quit CS to my last resort option - Creative Writing fiction. Fast forward to today and I'm finishing with a BS in English with a Writing Minor in early 2019. And that was after a year of starting the BFA in Creative Writing Fiction.

My college career has been a roller coaster. I doubt I will go back to coding for a long time, even then. My "drive" of that is gone. Writing is the one path I see into entering game development. Its not the only thing I want to do though. So when I think about what I posted, I imagined I would work for studios and write their stories or start my own, depending on what opportunities lie ahead. I could try tinkering with game design programs that aren't needing coding experience. I've tried Game Maker before several times. Not a fan of it. I can't run Unity on my laptop; I lack GPU and CPU power. What do I do instead? Learn to write stories. Understand what makes great game narratives fun, intriguing, and memorable. I know developers that want to make single player games, or just need someone to write stuff, desire quality writers. I will start there. But, if I can learn to build levels once I have a powerful enough computer that would be great. However, my primary focus is writing. I understand your input as well.
HD Simplicityy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-17, 00:29   #15
l3igl3oss

Hammer Blade Studios? You should give The Cutting Blunt a try. "Hard Hits Will Cut It!"

Last edited by l3igl3oss; 18-11-17 at 00:41.
l3igl3oss is online now   Reply With Quote