Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 30-01-18, 00:01   #1
Costel

Default What side character you want/you don`t want to make a return in the third game?

Personally I want to see is Nadia back. I liked her interaction with Lara in Baba Yaga and Cold Darkness Awakened. Their small moments of humor that I don`t think many have picked up.
And she is the only side character that I liked from reboot. But of course I donīt want her as full time partner for Lara.
The other characters were meh, Jacob and Sofia were ok and I cannot stand Reyes so she is the one I do not want back.
Costel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-18, 00:09   #2
PallasAthene

Fifi the crab

I'm okay with Jonah returning and Lara having a few allies and contacts here and there from the previous games, but I don't want too many side characters on Lara's side. You know? Like I don't want her to start having a squad. She's supposed to mainly operate as a loner.
PallasAthene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-18, 00:39   #3
robm_2007

Reyes could be improved (same as Jonah, though he wasn't as unlikable as she was). If she was willingly doing some adventure akin to what she went through (this time with better planning), she might not come off as so pissed off all the time. Though, it seems unnecessary, considering she has a daughter to think of. Jonah will probably be back in some capacity. It would be nice if there was some canon of returning allies (even if they aren't used in the story/cutscenes, but just establish some sort of running canon that isn't all about her parents)!!

Nadia has no use. I honestly think she could have been replaced with Sam, this time her needing Lara to find someone else...instead of her.

Sofia will probably stay in her little Morrowind clearing, living off the land, speaking in an accent that makes no sense to her life.

There's not anyone left who survived
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-18, 00:43   #4
iWANEX
Golden

I would like to see Reyes and Jonah back. It's only fair to see what happened to those characters after the last game and they could give them for depth which is something everyone wanted in TR2013. I don't see how Nadia or Sofia could come back since they both live in Siberia and I can't see them getting out of there for some reason.

I would also love to see Reboot Kurtis. Maybe not exactly the same character but someone similar would add a great dynamic between him and Lara.
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-18, 00:45   #5
ShutUpReyes

You may look at my name and think I'll also say Reyes, but Richard Croft can sling his hook. I mean, I know he's dead but I mean I don't want to see him anywhere.

If anyone comes back I'm up for more Jonah. I liked him in Rise but I want to see Lara get darker and I feel like his reaction to that could be very interesting.
ShutUpReyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-18, 00:54   #6
Mickybyrne20

I want Sam to return, but somehow be affected by the soul transfer ritual. Maybe make her into a horrible bitch, that hates Lara. I'd love that.

Reyes. She absolutely schooled Lara in the previous installment. Get rekt. I think even though she was wrong about the island being cursed by Himiko and her hideous decomposing face, I think she kept Lara in check, and even challenged her. She gave Lara at least some character development, even more so than what Roth apparently gave.
Mickybyrne20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-18, 01:21   #7
Rai

I would like to see Joslin Reyes again, but sadly, she seems to have been parked in the comics, having headed off to America to raise her teenage daughter, which is fair. I think she could still be useful,for finding contacts or something.

Jonah has become Lara's almost permanent companion that isn't. Though with the way things are in the comics atm, I fear he may suffer the same parked off-screen treatment. I'd be perfectly happy for him to return again, if only safe and sound in Croft Manor during a cutscene or two. Kaz, who was introduced in the comics, but forgotten about, probably won't ever make it into a game,unless they introduce her to help in Lara's search for Trinity. What with her past as a Trinity agent and pc hacking skills, she could be more useful than either Jonah or Joslin.

I don't want Sofia or Nadia to make a sudden appearance. Let them live their lives out in Siberia nice and undisturbed from now on.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-18, 01:58   #8
robm_2007

I don't think we need any more family or friend drama, especially not another Sam-focused story. Just let that idiot rot in prison and then be crossovered to Orange is the New Black where she can be shanked to death on the first day...hilarity ensues
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-18, 02:22   #9
Grimaldi

I'd be more than happy to see Jonah again, as long as he isn't an excuse to diverge into a needless combat scenario this time. Would be cautiously interested in hearing more from Atlas as well, but absolutely not in a villainous Trinity capacity.

I really hope Reyes stays away, along with Sam. New, better, characters would be preferable.
Grimaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-18, 04:14   #10
Error96

Am I allowed to choose Winston? He could become like Alfred is to Batman

I always thought Sofia was under-utilised and I just get the feeling she would make a great rival character for Lara if they fall out.

The big one I don't want back is Lara's father. In fact any family member as it's just really spoiling the stories with terrible filler content.

Last edited by Error96; 30-01-18 at 04:22.
Error96 is offline   Reply With Quote