Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 10-07-15, 13:57   #21
DragonSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trfanX34 View Post
^ Are you actually saying that the remakes of Carrie and Robocop surpassed the originals?

@Enya: Not sure if it's supposed to be a remake. What it is is atrocious.
Nothing will ever surpass the original Robocop, i haven't seen and i'm not really interested in seeing the 2014 Robocop movie which i've heard is not as violent as the other movies, i remember in the first one some guy got mutated by something probably radioactive waste i don't remember then he for lack of a better way of saying dissolved when someone drove into him.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-15, 14:15   #22
mepsipax

Hard to say.. It's been a good enough year for movies. For me though :

- Minions. I wasn't expecting a masterpiece or Pixar-quality, but it ended up being extremely unfunny. Made so many bad decisions I lost count, the biggest being that they went all out on secondary characters instead of letting the titular ones shine on their own. I don't think I laughed once.

- Poltergeist. I don't mind remakes but this one was seriously bad. Zero tension and wall-to-wall jumpscares isn't scary, it's lame. Also, replacing the little squeaky-voice woman from the original with a Liam Neeson wannabe was a stupid idea.

- Fifty Shades of Grey. I actually loved Dakota Johnson's acting, she's a natural, and the scene with Crazy in Love playing was extremely well staged, but the rest of the movie was pretty poor. Jamie Dornan was catastrophically miscast and the plot was on autopilot.
mepsipax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-15, 09:20   #23
Shark_Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by trfanX34 View Post
^ Are you actually saying that the remakes of Carrie and Robocop surpassed the originals?

@Enya: Not sure if it's supposed to be a remake. What it is is atrocious.
Yeah I enjoy those remakes better than the oiginally. Plus visually, they're both more astounding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enya Brennan
Hey

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show...0&postcount=19

I haven't seen the Robocop remake (didn't even bother), but tbh I think that the original Carrie movie was better. Now, I only said that about films. But I always think that films based on books aren't always so accurate and good, with a few exceptions, of course
lol since Enya wanted me to answer this..

I've seen both originals. They're good for its time but I guess I'm more keen on the new ones. The handled it pretty great - new style of storytelling, better cinematography and music.

I don't think any movie can capture 100% of a book it's based on, unless they turn it into a tv series. Hence, were judging based on the elements they've taken from the book. And I think they did a terrific job on Carrie.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-15, 08:47   #24
knightgames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headmaster Cid View Post
I already consider it done, but more people will start to notice how cheap and dated the effects in the Star Wars prequels are compared to even the originals now. Some of the effects look dodgy in, say, the original A New Hope, but at least my eyes can recognise they're looking at real things, and it's more convincing overall.

Regarding the original Star Wars movies effects holding up... two words. TRACK MATTES.

I hate seeing the X-wing and Tie fighters going across the screen surrounded by the off colour track matte used to incorporate the whole image. They really take me out of the movie and suspend my disbelief in what's going on then and there.
knightgames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-15, 20:42   #25
Cochrane
Golden

Terminator Genisys. I do believe there are parts of it that work really well (in particular I liked Emilia Clarke's take on Sarah Connor, and her interactions with Arnie), but the parts that didn't overshadowed them completely, and it was overall not well put together, full of plot holes and so on. I guess I would find it more acceptable if the movie was just all bad, from start to finish, but there is actually a good movie in there, trying and failing to get out, and I find that highly frustrating.

Honorable mention goes to Avengers Age of Ultron. I liked individual parts, I disliked others, but the overall thing was just a disjointed mess. Not a bad movie, but the weakest Marvel cinematic universe movie I've seen.

I did like Ant-Man a lot. Jurassic World is exactly what you'd expect it to be, but well made. Mad Max was okay, but not really my style of movie. Big Hero Six was pretty good. It's possible that I watched others this year, but if so, I have forgotten about them.
Cochrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-15, 14:58   #26
Tonyrobinson

I actually think this year has been the worst for movies all this years superhero films have been crappy and formulaic.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-15, 15:10   #27
Mr GaGa

50 Shades Of Grey- What a terrible movie that was, $10 I can never get back
Mr GaGa is offline   Reply With Quote