Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Technical Support

Old 21-02-01, 03:29   #1
craigwaine

PLEASE HELP. I have a gamepad that works on all tombraider games except TR5. Its driving me crazy. I have all the latest drivers and DIRECTX 8.0 but lara keeps running around in circles. Also the inventory screen keeps moving. It has to do with the game but I don't know how to fix it. Its a USB Zoltrix 8-button gamepad
craigwaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-01, 08:44   #2
DaleR

Although I don't know the solution to your problem, I can tell you that I've sometimes noticed this with my gamepad. Usually, if the menu spins, giving the gamepad a quick click of a direction brings it to a halt. For some reason, I think the driver continues to show a button pressed even when it's not. The worst thing I've experienced is trying to perform critical backflips. For some reason she often flips sideways rather than backwards. Perhaps the pad is oversensitive. You might try contacting the vendor for suggestions. Your best bet is going to be finding someone else with the same gamepad as you have and finding out if they too have this problem, and if so, what they've done to correct it. Sorry I'm not better help...
DaleR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-01, 03:44   #3
craigwaine

Thats alright but I know for sure it isn't my gamepad because all my other TR games work fine with it and I downloaded the latest drivers. I hate playing with the keyboard. Someone else pleeeeease help.
craigwaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-01, 01:44   #4
steviemin

Thumbs down

I am experiencing the same problem with my joypad with 'chronicles.' The joypad works with all othjer TR gaems inc. the level editor with chronicles. I have a QuickshotX2 pad and no matter what I try (calibration etc.) Lara keeps running in circles. I have had the game 2 months and haven't played it yet and can't find a patch on the i/net to solve it. Apart from getting another joypad, any ideas anyone ?????

steviemin is offline   Reply With Quote