Old 12-06-18, 18:13   #12
Costel

50 tombs?

Where did you get this from?

Also great idea for this thread.
Costel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-18, 18:13   #13
Mani_Man

Ah, why the hell not...we could need more "the glass is half full" thinking around here...mainly because so far never have things been as dark as this fandom tends to make it.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-18, 18:17   #14
AntRaidsTombs

I'm happy to see what SEM is bringing to the table for Lara. They are truly happy about this game, and you can tell it's a genuine happy. They really are excited for us to play it, they seem to be excited about the story. It seems they and CD are trying to make sure we get the best possible game for a close to Lara's origins story. I can't wait to see how it all comes together finally.
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-18, 18:18   #15
kathrynnn

Yay, a happy thread!

I think we're all guilty of criticism, myself included. Like you said, we all have very high expectations, potentially too high, and that then leads to us being highly critical of everything we see. I think one of the reasons for this is that games in general, not just Shadow, get hyped up so much before release/being presented. Everytime a dev says something, our imaginations go crazy with everything that could happen, so we end up sub-consciously setting our expectations rather high.

Anyway, I'm glad you made this thread, we could definitely use somewhere to be positive. I'm also pleased with all the positive aspects you mentioned!

I'm super excited about the narrative. I really have a lot of faith for Jill Murray. She seems to be super excited and passionate, and from the little we've seen so far, the story really looks like it could be amazing.

The tomb gameplay we saw has me really excited too! For the first tomb in the game, the puzzle seems to be a little bit more complex than the first one in Rise, so I'm hoping that they get more complex as we go through the game. If that happens, then I think lots of people are going to be pleased with the increase in tombs and puzzles. And, since we're getting the opportunity to change difficulty options separately, I think it's gonna be nice for everyone to be able to customise the difficulties to their personal preferences.

The antagonist is also someone I'm really excited to see more of it. It's already been said (by Jill, if I remember correctly) that he could be a protagonist in his own game. I really like that idea and I'm hoping it plays out well in the game itself. Same goes for Lara becoming more morally grey. It's very intriguing to me. I think that nowadays many games stick to having a protagonist who is very much: "I need to save the world", "I know exactly what I'm doing", "I am the hero, everyone will be saved and everything will be fixed". I really love that it sounds like Shadow is going to veer away from this, and have Lara question herself, and be challenged by our antagonist. Hopefully it won't be good vs bad, or hero vs villain all the way throughout. It could really step up the narrative even more if done well.

I'm excited about a lot but I'll be here forever if I write about everything lmao But, yeah, thank you for this thread! Nice to have a lot of positivity for a change!
kathrynnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-18, 18:20   #16
Lukass

It's perfectly fine you have created this thread. I am as excited as you although I have a few complaints I'm not going to vent here.
Lukass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-18, 18:20   #17
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluenoseGames View Post
Wait, there is 50 Tombs!?

When was that confirmed?
A guy working on the puzzles designed 50 puzzles. I don't think it's been confrimed there are 50 tombs or puzzles that made it into the game.

Anyhoo, a thread just for positivity may not seem necessary, but it's a little piece of fresh air after the suffocating negativity everywhere else.

I've enjoyed much of what I've seen so far. The music (yes, even the trailer music 'speak louder'), the tomb, the underwater swimming, Jonah looking like Jonah from 2013 again, Lara.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-18, 18:22   #18
AntRaidsTombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post

Jonah looking like Jonah from 2013 again, Lara.
He really does, I keep saying that. Idk who that was in Rise, but he looks like a older version of Jonah from TR 13.
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-18, 18:23   #19
iWANEX
Golden

I appreciate this thread even though I'm one of the those who feel very underwhelmed about EM and Shadow overall after E3.

The things listed on the OP are amazing and it's puzzling to me why they haven't showed any of that yet.
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-18, 18:23   #20
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
I'm happy to see what SEM is bringing to the table for Lara. They are truly happy about this game, and you can tell it's a genuine happy. They really are excited for us to play it, they seem to be excited about the story. It seems they and CD are trying to make sure we get the best possible game for a close to Lara's origins story. I can't wait to see how it all comes together finally.
Right? It’s part of what makes me already love these guys so much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
I’ve enjoyed much of what I've seen so far. The music (yes, even the trailer music 'speak louder'), the tomb, the underwater swimming, Jonah looking like Jonah from 2013 again, Lara.
Me too. The music in the trailer was great. I think I might like it more than “I Shall Rise”.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote