Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 04-10-18, 08:54   #11
Tyrannosaurus

An Uncharted movie seems about as redundant to me as a movie adaptation of The Last of Us. I feel like we've already seen/played that movie.
Tyrannosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-18, 11:59   #12
Dennis's Mom

I agree, but that's because Naughty Dog does a superior brand of storytelling. They tell a good story surrounded by gameplay as opposed to most video games who have gameplay surrounded by sometimes story, but mostly excuses for gameplay.

So I think this will be a good (enjoyable) movie even if I don't need to see it.
Dennis's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-18, 20:23   #13
Lara_Fan_33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis's Mom View Post
I agree, but that's because Naughty Dog does a superior brand of storytelling. They tell a good story surrounded by gameplay as opposed to most video games who have gameplay surrounded by sometimes story, but mostly excuses for gameplay.

So I think this will be a good (enjoyable) movie even if I don't need to see it.
I agree it will probably have a great story
The only video game movies I have enjoyed were Tomb Raider and Silent Hill, I still watch those from time to time (the first entry respectively in each series)
Lara_Fan_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-18, 00:27   #14
Legends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
Which it isn't. I don't understand the decision to cast this twink to play Nathan Drake, even if it is a "young-adult" version of him from what I hear. He looks nothing like him whatsoever. I can't even see him aging to look like Drake.

Anyway I'm not really excited for this movie. The "games" already play enough like movies as it is.
Yeah, I agree. Still not liking the idea of this movie.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-18, 00:49   #15
lance6439

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
Which it isn't. I don't understand the decision to cast this twink to play Nathan Drake, even if it is a "young-adult" version of him from what I hear. He looks nothing like him whatsoever. I can't even see him aging to look like Drake.

Anyway I'm not really excited for this movie. The "games" already play enough like movies as it is.
He'll play young nathan drake. And he looks exactly like young nate in the games.
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-18, 18:36   #16
robm_2007

Yeah, he looks like teen Drake, but not the adult version. Though teen Drake didn't look too much like adult Drake anyways.
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-18, 01:42   #17
TrustyBow

I'm not really sure how good an Uncharted movie will be. The general plot of the games are pretty standard but they stand out because they have 10+ hours to develop. Maybe a tv series over a movie.

The Mission Impossible movies kind of do what I would imagine an Uncharted movie to be like. General plots but insane stunts and set pieces.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-18, 02:09   #18
New Dwight
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
I don't recall ever liking a video game movie.
^Me.
still don't understand why do it, especially since these games nowadays are basically movies themselves, which is even more sad. Now there isn't a difference.
New Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote