Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Closed Thread

Old 22-10-18, 12:33   #1
Kurtis666

Default Why the Sale Review Bomb Situation Got the Wrong Kind of Attention

While I do agree that giving a negative score for a game just for being on sale is completely stupid, I do think that the fact SOTTR being one month after release on sale is an indication of a wider problem.

Let me elaborate simply, when a game is on sale it's because of low sale numbers, when a game is only one month into release and already is on sale then the sales are way below expectations. And no, if you think it's normal for a game to be on sale one month after release then you really don't know anything and just being a blind fanboy. Yes, I'm talking to one who confronted me on Twitter and showed me a picture of ROTTR 20 Years Celebration Edition being on sale one month after its release but ignoring the crucial fact it's been released one year after the timed exclusivity of ROTTR for Xbox One. But hey facts don't matter and I'm just a "classics fanboy" for you right darling?

SOTTR first week sales were remarkably low compared to ROTTR and TR2013 and we can't deny that. The main issue is that even TR2013 didn't live up to the sales expectations from Square Enix, so take that with a decrease of 70% on first week and I think "disappointing sales" is quite an understatement for Tomb Raider at this point.

You may call me a "hater", you may call me a "classics fanboy", you may call me whatever you want but I'm a realist and I'm afraid that this might be the last Tomb Raider game for the next 10-15 years if those sales aren't going to boost themselves (which is unlikely to happen).
https://www.thegamer.com/shadow-tomb...-croft-reboot/
Old 22-10-18, 12:41   #2
CroftManiac05

I think 10-15 years is too much.
I'd rather we get a new publisher this time and keep
CD as the developer( if they haven't already grew tired of TR which is kinda understandable)
Old 22-10-18, 12:43   #3
tomee

Whoah, there's a lot to pick apart here and you are misinformed/ignorant on a lot of things here.

First of all; why are you referring to your twitter beef with someone we don't know and use condescending language and act like we called you all type of judgmental things? Keep your twitter beefs on twitter.

Quote:
then you really don't know anything and just being a blind fanboy
That's pretty rich coming from someone who just went on a rant basically over someone we don't know calling him "hater" and "classic fanboy"

Quote:
SOTTR first week sales were remarkably low compared to ROTTR and TR2013 and we can't deny that.
We literally don't know any numbers.

Quote:
a decrease of 70% on first week
In physical sales. That's a key expression that you conveniently ignored.

Quote:
this might be the last Tomb Raider game for the next 10-15 years
That's a highly dramatic statement. The franchise has been through way worse.
Old 22-10-18, 12:44   #4
Legends

I agree with you Kurtis666. It's obviously because of a larger problem. If this game sold like Spider-Man, no way they would cut the price to 50% one month after release.

Sooner or later this whole reboot fatigue is coming to bite them, and it looks like it's happening now.
Old 22-10-18, 12:45   #5
suli
Inactive

oh you think they discounted it because the sales were below expectations? i'm sure no one thought of that.
Old 22-10-18, 12:48   #6
Kurtis666

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
Whoah, there's a lot to pick apart here and you are misinformed/ignorant on a lot of things here.

First of all; why are you referring to your twitter beef with someone we don't know and use condescending language and act like we called you all type of judgmental things? Keep your twitter beefs on twitter.

That's pretty rich coming from someone who just went on a rant basically over someone we don't know calling him "hater" and "classic fanboy"

We literally don't know any numbers.

In physical sales. That's a key expression that you conveniently ignored.

That's a highly dramatic statement. The franchise has been through way worse.
"Whoa"... whatever.
Some people in this fan community really can't see facts, rather like to believe everything is fine but okay, continue to be on your sinking ship.
Old 22-10-18, 12:54   #7
Kurtis666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends View Post
I agree with you Kurtis666. It's obviously because of a larger problem. If this game sold like Spider-Man, no way they would cut the price to 50% one month after release.

Sooner or later this whole reboot fatigue is coming to bite them, and it looks like it's happening now.
Yep, glad to see someone here is reasonably seeing things as they are.
Old 22-10-18, 13:00   #8
Lara_Fan_33

This thread should be closed.(yes I’m playing mini mod) everything the OP brought up can be discussed in he original “review Bomb” thread, which I already thought was a dumb thread. God don’t you guys have anything interesting to talk about? kurtis you have a really bad attitude as well. Don’t expect to get many serious replies except from the usual negativity vampires

Last edited by Lara_Fan_33; 22-10-18 at 13:01.
Old 22-10-18, 13:03   #9
tomee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtis666 View Post
"Whoa"... whatever.
Some people in this fan community really can't see facts, rather like to believe everything is fine but okay, continue to be on your sinking ship.
I'd love to see your FACTS, but you literally posted NONE.

Just for clarification: I am sure Square is disappointed with sales, because they always are. But you just composed your post based on cherry picking, assumptions and your own personal judgments. That's not how arguments work. Your post doesn't even qualify as an educated guess. You can't just selectively ignore pieces of information to conform your post to your own opinion. And the fact that your biggest takeaway from my previous post was "whoah" then that's really lazy of you.

Edit: lol they just said "continue to be on your sinking ship." And what are YOU doing henny? Waving at us from your inflatable, emergency safety boat?

Last edited by tomee; 22-10-18 at 13:15.
Old 22-10-18, 13:03   #10
Costel

So you made a thread cause you had a beef with someone on twitter?
Closed Thread