Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 22-07-08, 22:24   #51
Ilie_Fusarau

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
I tried it. Doesn't work with this version...
No , you're wrong it works both in next-gen and current gen !
Ilie_Fusarau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-08, 22:37   #52
Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilie_Fusarau View Post
Than it's just my game, perhaps. Or because it's patched...I don't know. And I don't care (as I don't play TRL/TRA that much anyway). But some more screens with that feature turned on would be nice . Some from Egypt !?
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-08, 22:46   #53
disapearing-boy

Would this work on AOD as well?? I got Anni on Ps2 so i can't try it on that... also can you tell me if it slows down the computer much?? i can't even run the game on full settings with out some very distracting jerkyness...
disapearing-boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-08, 23:17   #54
Ilie_Fusarau

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
Than it's just my game, perhaps. Or because it's patched...I don't know. And I don't care (as I don't play TRL/TRA that much anyway). But some more screens with that feature turned on would be nice . Some from Egypt !?
Mine is patched too with the latest version but still works , but as I stated before it depends on the configuration I think there were some Egypt screens in the beginning of this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by disapearing-boy View Post
Would this work on AOD as well?? I got Anni on Ps2 so i can't try it on that... also can you tell me if it slows down the computer much?? i can't even run the game on full settings with out some very distracting jerkyness...
Idk you could try

Last edited by Ilie_Fusarau; 22-07-08 at 23:18.
Old 23-07-08, 08:19   #55
scion05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilie_Fusarau View Post
Go on, show me a screenie!
scion05 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-08, 13:52   #56
olipro

For those how got somme issues with the mod :
Some effect that you turned on are not supported by your graphic card or your system :

Update your graphic card driver
Update directx (by windows update)
download this pack and look at the enbseries of your graphic card. But don't use it. Use mine, (look at the begin of this topic) and turn OFF every options that are turned off in your graphic-card's enb series. Make the same thing for every line which talk about "...quality" (0= great, 1= medium, 2=low)

Don't have greater graphisms in MY enbseries than there is in your graphic-card's enbseries.

You can try to use your graphic-card's enbseries.ini, but I warn you that some effects could not be accepted by tomb raider. That's why you should modify mine, beaucoup I modified it for tomb raider.

(And sorry for my very bad english)

Ps :
don't forget to read this. It is VERY useful for anyone who wants to configure enbseries.ini
Code:
[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=(0,1) load 3rd party library by the mod at game start. Helps to solve problem with multiple d3d9.dll files.
InitProxyFunctions=(0,1) connect to functions of 3rd party library.
ProxyLibrary=(filename) file name of 3rd party library.

[GLOBAL]
UseEffect=(0,1) activate mod at start. In some situations HUD or startup movies may be corrupted visually because of this parameter enabled.
AlternativeDepth=(0,1) increase performance of some effects, but not all videocards can use this mode at full precision, if you see large lines on the objects, disable this parameter.
AllowAntialias=(0,1) enables antialiasing setting from game to be used in the mod effects. (antialiasing, multisampling, fsaa, in other words).
BugFixMode=(0..5) every value fixes it's own unsopported feature or bug in driver or hardware. For drivers 169.xx and 171.xx do not set this parameter to 1. Values from 0 to 5 actually HDR texture formats: 0 (R32G32F)-high quality and middle performance, 1 (R32F)-high quality and fast, 2 (A32R32G32B32F)-high quality and very slow, 3 (R16F)-low quality and fastest, 4 (R16G16F)-low quality and fast, 5 (A16R16G16B16F)-low quality and middle performance.
SkipShaderOptimization=(0,1) disables optimization when compiling shader, may help to elliminate bugs.

[EFFECT]
EnableBloom=(0,1) enables bloom effect (bright areas blurred) with time dependent adaptation. Works only if mod activated already (by key combination).
EnableOcclusion=(0,1) enables ambient occlusions (ssao) and some other effects (mod version dependent).
EnableReflection=(0,1) reflection of vehicles.
EnableMotionBlur=(0,1) blurring image in fast motion of camera. Temporary disabled.
EnableWater=(0,1) enable water effects
EnableShadow=(0,1) enable shadow effects
DepthBias=(0..1000) for scene depth rendering, offset of geometry relative camera viewpoint. For some videocards may be useful to remove flickering and hiding of ambient occlusions.

[INPUT]
KeyUseEffect=(1..255) decimal key number for mod activation/deactivation.
KeyBloom=(1..255) decimal key number for bloom activation/deactivation.
KeyOcclusion=(1..255) decimal key number for ssao activation/deactivation.
KeyReflection=(1..255) decimal key number for reflection activation/deactivation.
KeyCombination=(1..255) decimal number of additional key for combining this key with others (SHIFT by default).
KeyShadow=(1..255) decimal key number for shadow activation/deactivation.
KeyWater=(1..255) decimal key number for water activation/deactivation.

[REFLECTION]
ReflectionPower=(0..100) level of cars reflection.
ChromePower=(0..100) level of steel parts reflection. Temporary disabled.
UseCurrentFrameReflection=(0,1) when 1 use for reflection image of current frame screen, otherwise use previous frame image.
oli1 ReflectionQuality=(0..2) quality, 0 means maximal quality and slowest speed.
ReflectionSourceSpecular=(0..100) percent of using "specular" material color as reflection factor. Some car parts may be reflective with this setting.
ReflectionSourceTFactor=(0..100) percent of using "texture factor" as game environment map mix level. Some car parts may not be reflective with this parameter and on the contrary.
UseAdditiveReflection=(0,1) reflections added to screen car colors, 0 means more softly reflection.
ReflectionDepthBias=(0..1000) offset of reflection geometry relative to car and camera viewpoint. For some videocards may be useful to remove flickering and hiding of reflections.
UseLowResReflection=(0,1) use small and blurred texture as reflection, looks like matte reflection.

[BLOOM]
BloomPowerDay=(0..100) power of bloom at day time, dependent from screen brightness.
BloomFadeTime=(0..100000) time of bloom adaptation to screen brightness change, in milliseconds.
BloomConstantDay=(0..100) power of bloom at day time, independent from adaptation time between screen brightness change.
BloomQuality=(0..2) bloom effect quality, 0 means maximal quality.
BloomScreenLevelDay=(0..100) level of screen brightness in percents, that determined as day time.
BloomCurveDay=(-10..10) gamma correction of bloom at day time. negative values increases halftone brightness (smoggy look), positive values decrease halftones brightness (contrast, intensive image).
BloomPowerNight=(0..100) power of bloom at night time, dependent from screen brightness.
BloomConstantNight=(0..100) power of bloom at night time, independent from adaptation time between screen brightness change.
BloomCurveNight=(-10..10) gamma correction of bloom at night time. negative values increases halftone brightness (smoggy look), positive values decrease halftones brightness (contrast, intensive image).
BloomScreenLevelNight=(0..100) level of screen brightness in percents, that determined as night time.
BloomAdaptationScreenLevel=(0..100) level of screen brightness in percents, over which bloom deactivating. It's desirable that this parameter will be greater than BloomScreenLevelDay.
BloomAdaptationMultiplier=(0..100) percent of day time bloom brightness, that will be used when screen brightness will be greater than BloomAdaptationScreenLevel. Value 100 disable adaptation
BloomAllowOversaturation=(0,1) if 0, bloom softly applied to screen and bright areas not become too oversaturated.

[SSAO]
UseFilter=(0,1) enable noise filtering, produced by ambient occlusion effect.
OcclusionQuality=(0..2) quality of ssao, 0 means maximal quality and slow performance. In current version this is disabled, using lowest quality level.
FilterQuality=(0..2) quality of ssao noise filtering, 0 is maximal quality and slowest performance.
DarkeningLevel=(0..100) darkening level by ambient occlusion
BrighteningLevel=(0..100) edge lightening level by ambient occlusion
IlluminationLevel=(0..100) light transfering level by indirect lightning
AdditiveIlluminationLevel=(0..100) lightening of dark areas by indirect lightning
oli UseAmbientOcclusion=(0,1) allow darkening of nearest objects (temporary disabled)
UseIndirectLightning=(0,1) compute indirect lightning (affect performance)

[COLORCORRECTION]
DarkeningAmountDay=(-100..100) how much to dark or to bright dark screen areas at day time. Negative values makes brighter, positive darker.
ScreenLevelDay=(0..100) level of screen brightness in percents, that determined as day time.
ScreenLevelNight=(0..100) level of screen brightness in percents, that determined as night time.
DarkeningAmountNight=(-100..100) how much to dark or to bright dark screen areas at night time. Negative values makes brighter, positive darker. Positive values recommended for more natural nights.
GammaCurveDay=(-10..10) gamma correction of bloom at day time. negative values increases halftone brightness (pale image), positive values decrease halftones brightness (contrast, intensive image).
GammaCurveNight=(-10..10) gamma correction of bloom at night time. negative values increases halftone brightness (pale image), positive values decrease halftones brightness (contrast, intensive image).

[PLUGIN]
WeatherMod=(0,1) activates color correction for Weather Mod installed, choosed by it's author. Temporary disabled.

[WATER]
UseWaterDeep=(0,1) use smooth transition between different deep levels.
WaterDeepness=(0..1000) factor of water semitransparencity at difference deep levels.
WaterQuality=(0..2) quality of water effects, 0 means maximal quality.

[SHADOW]
ShadowFadeStart=(0..1000) distance, at which shadow starts to be less intensive.
ShadowFadeEnd=(0..1000) distance at which shadow dissapear completely.
ShadowAmountDay=(0..100) percent of shadows intencity in the day.
ShadowAmountNight=(0..100) percent of shadows intencity in the night.
ShadowScreenLevelDay=(0..100) level of screen brightness in percents, that determined as day time.
ShadowScreenLevelNight=(0..100) level of screen brightness in percents, that determined as night time.
ShadowQuality=(0..2) quality of shadows, 0 is maximal and slowest.
UseShadowFilter=(0,1) enable filtering of shadows
FilterQuality=(0..2) quality of shadows filtering, 0 is maximal and slowest

[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=(0,1) force to use anisotropic filtering for most game textures.
MaxAnisotropy=(1..16) maximal level of anisotropy filtering, greater values makes more sharp textures at low angles.
ForceDisplayRefreshRate=(0,1) force to use user defined reflresh rate.
DisplayRefreshRateHz=(60..240) custom monitor reflresh rate. Warning, incorrect use of this parameter may corrupt you display! (or what you are using)

[MOTIONBLUR]
MotionBlurQuality=(0..2) sampling quality, 0 means maximal quality
MotionBlurVelocity=(0..100) factor of movement vector length in forward or backward
MotionBlurRotation=(0..100) factor of movement to sides and rotation, recommended the same as MotionBlurVelocity

Key numbers (virtual key codes) available in key_codes.txt or key_codes.htm. In current version of the mod these lists of key codes are hex values, but mod works with decimal, i can't describe now how to convert them, may be later i'll do something.

PROBLEMS SOLVING:
Q: Mod installed, but i don't see any difference.
A: After game start mod is not activated, turn it on by hotkeys (by default SHIFT F12).
Q: When activating the mod, image makes black (objects near the camera).
A: Your videocard not support antialiasing of HDR textures, disable antialiasing in the game and in display driver control panel. Also try to set AllowAntialias=0, BugFixMode=1 or 5, AlternativeDepth=0, if not helps, disable ambient occlusions EnableOcclusion=0.
Q: Computer not responding when mod activated.
A: Perhaps video drivers too old or too new, for example forceware 169.xx and higher (171.xx last tested) working incorrectly woth some HDR textures, use older drivers (162.xx, 163.xx). Also try to change BugFixMode and disable ambient occlusions EnableOcclusion=0.
Q: Car reflections sometimes hiding and flickering.
A: For some videocards you need to set ReflectionDepthBias value to something about 100, depending from hardware. This problem was found on Radeon 2xxx.
Q: From far distance interier and wheels becomes overlapped visible through car.
A: Value of ReflectionDepthBias is too high or it's not required for your videocard.
Q: I have integrated onboard videochip and mod not works.
A: Perhaps video memory size is too small for display resolution you are playing, decrease it or in bios setting increase video memory size (typically values from 16 to 128 Mb).
Q: At high resolutions and antialiasing mod not works.
A: Not enough video memory.

PERFORMANCE TIPS:
Do not use too high display resolution with ambient occlusion enabled, this effect directly depends from number of pixels on the screen.
By setting UseWaterDeep=0, UseOcclusions=0, ShadowQuality=2 rendering of the scene to depth deactivating and performance greatly increase.
Reflections with some imported car models may work very slow, because of too many polygons that currently proceeded several times, just wait for next releases, rendering reflections with cars itself will be done later.
Bloom almost not decrease game speed, use it as you wish.
Any filtering, for shadows or for ambient occlusions are very slow, try to set their quality=2 and check framerate, may be it will be good for you.
OcclusionQuality=0 set only if your videocard is realy fast, this is the most performance costly. By setting this parameter to 0 you may olso decrease filtering quality to 1 or even 2.

Last edited by olipro; 23-07-08 at 13:54.
olipro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-08, 14:05   #57
Ilie_Fusarau

Arrow

Thanks Olipro , works like a charm !
Quote:
Originally Posted by scion05 View Post
Go on, show me a screenie!
TRL
CURRENT GEN EVERYTHING ENABLED INCLUDING ENB
-CURRENT GEN
LAST GEN EVERYTHING ENABLED INCLUDING ENB
Still need a bit of configuring in TRL but in Anniversary it's Ok
LAST GEN EVERYTHING ENABLED INCLUDING ENB
CURRENT GEN EVERYTHING ENABLED INCLUDING ENB
-CURRENT GEN EVERYTHING ENABLED WITHOUT ENB

Anniversary
WITHOUT ENB
WITH ENB

Last edited by Ilie_Fusarau; 23-07-08 at 14:44.