Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 26-11-08, 11:58   #21
tha_mattster

Quote:
Originally Posted by siouxsiecrux View Post
The tombs she raids on earth are far from real. What? They use the name Angkor wat and suddenly its the real Angkor wat?
Do you really think I believed the tombs are real? Please, I'm not delusional. Angkor War is a real place, so in the context of the game, Lara is in a real place.

If Lara raids a tomb on Mars then my suspension of belief will be shattered.
tha_mattster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-08, 13:26   #22
krycekuva

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranniversary119 View Post
I know what your thinking what a stupid idea! But not necessarily. When you hear the word space you automatically think Aliens,Spaceships,Moons,Starts, ETC. But perhaps if it was done the right way it would be fun and believable. Say Lara stumbles upon a portal much like the ones she finds in Underworld+Legend but out of curiosity she pulls out the sword and it leads her into these different planets that are sustainable for life and each could contain different ruins+other weird things Crystal could come up with.
def a great idea... i was thiking myself the chance to send lara to space in a TRAOD reboot trilogy. the first part would be in paris/germany/prague while she get rid of eckhard then the second part would be in turkey (capadoccia) mainly when discovering all the secret places and temples and getting rid of karel and the rest of god likes hybrids (also more info about natla and qualopec), and finally an ultimate temple where she get teleported to the dark side of the moon and end up discovering most about the ancient civilization that gave birth to all the diffferent gods.... somewhere in space.
krycekuva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-08, 14:43   #23
siouxsiecrux

Quote:
Originally Posted by tha_mattster View Post
Do you really think I believed the tombs are real? Please, I'm not delusional. Angkor War is a real place, so in the context of the game, Lara is in a real place.

If Lara raids a tomb on Mars then my suspension of belief will be shattered.
Hmmm... Are they not shattered already?

Although it is not impossible that there are hidden tombs on mars, its unlikely that if Lara went their she would go to raid tombs...
siouxsiecrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-08, 15:22   #24
Forum Quorum

Default Started a thread on this once but it sank without trace :)

Have any of you guys read any of the existing fan fiction? Admittedly there's no such thing as a new idea, but before you go and write new fan fiction (go for it! good idea) maybe you ought to check out what has already been written? Dunno if it's allowed to post the link, but fanfiction.net has a lot of stuff (probably too much) that you might find illuminating. Not that it should put you off writing, but if I started to write a story - say - about a school for wizards, I'd probably want to be at least aware of Harry Potter.
Forum Quorum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-08, 15:25   #25
Quasimodo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum Quorum View Post
Have any of you guys read any of the existing fan fiction? Admittedly there's no such thing as a new idea, but before you go and write new fan fiction (go for it! good idea) maybe you ought to check out what has already been written? Dunno if it's allowed to post the link, but fanfiction.net has a lot of stuff (probably too much) that you might find illuminating. Not that it should put you off writing, but if I started to write a story - say - about a school for wizards, I'd probably want to be at least aware of Harry Potter.
It's a shame the TR fanfic scene isn't as active as it used to be. Now if only I could get my nose to the grindstone and start work on that fancomic based on a Welsh faerie tale I can't even pronounce...
Quasimodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-08, 15:28   #26
tampi

It could be based on the faces displayed on the Underworld doors
tampi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-08, 15:33   #27
Forum Quorum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimodo View Post
It's a shame the TR fanfic scene isn't as active as it used to be. Now if only I could get my nose to the grindstone and start work on that fancomic based on a Welsh faerie tale I can't even pronounce...
Pobol y Cwm?
Forum Quorum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-08, 16:12   #28
konichi-wa

I remembered about these old paintings that I saw in History of Art class. One kid is doing a report on them. They might be too stereotypical of the space thing, but here is one of em' http://www.crystalinks.com/maryufoclose.jpg . Maybe the artifact Lara would be looking for could be around the Renaissance period (whenever those paintings were made) or something that the people found during the Renaissance period that would lead her to some space civilization.
konichi-wa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-08, 18:12   #29
Rivendell

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimodo View Post
a Welsh faerie tale I can't even pronounce...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum Quorum View Post
Pobol y Cwm?
LMAO!
Rivendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-08, 18:14   #30
remote91

No.
remote91 is offline   Reply With Quote